• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada E3 Deals 2015 IOTI Actually, even better than last year!

BadWolf

Anyone ever have issues with Canada Post?

Waiting on Arkham Knight from Best Buy, apparently it was "delivered to community mailbox or parcel locker" two hours ago but nothing.

Happens sometimes with them, says delivered but doesn't come till the next day or whatever.

kevin1025

Banned
How has everyone's experience been with express shipping on Prime? Is it still late or do they usually keep to the same-day delivery most of the time?

Stage On

Well looks like the price on Sword art online has been fixed on Amazon back to the proper $50 instead of $55. The system should be auto adjusting it for anyone who's ordered like me within the next day or so.

Let's hope Project X zone follows suit.

As for Legend of Legacy it's STILL not part of the promotion, thought they did finally adjust the price for me directly to $35 as a one off exception. Guess I won't have to use my last Best buy code for it after all :)

Palehorse

A warning for those considering buying from retail and then returning your Amazon copy to them for a refund. I did this at Walmart less than a year ago and when I brought the Amazon copy in the SKUs were different due to different DLC included with the different copies.

They accepted the return but the person was very confused as to why my returned copy and the receipt had different SKUs on them. I just played dumb but it could have gone the other way if my Amazon copy hadn't come up in the system.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
A warning for those considering buying from retail and then returning your Amazon copy to them for a refund. I did this at Walmart less than a year ago and when I brought the Amazon copy in the SKUs were different due to different DLC included with the different copies.

They accepted the return but the person was very confused as to why my returned copy and the receipt had different SKUs on them. I just played dumb but it could have gone the other way if my Amazon copy hadn't come up in the system.
Yeah, retailer exclusive copies have their own SKUs. I remember this being a problem once when BB had a different version than FS of some game.

i-Jest

Urg you still can't order Digimon World sleuth on Amazon. By the time they fix that the 20% off will be over :/

This is my fear with Digimon World, Bravely Second and Persona 5 preorders as well. I've a;ready let CSR know about it but I guess the final say comes from the marketing/sales team. *shrugs*

Dorygrant

I preordered 2 games on amazon last night for the 20% discount but are they still doing the 3 for 30%? Do I just contact CS if I want to make mine 3?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I put in an order for 4 more games. I did Chibi-Robo expecting it to be the Amiibo bundle and I figure that might be worth something, even if I'm not super excited for another platformer.

i-Jest

Did anyone not get the E3 sales extended code in their email? Seems mine never came. Strange. I've the link that takes me to the site where I can qualify for it but whenever I try I get the following:

"This email address has already been registered and received the unique E3 Extended code. Please check your email for code."

Contacted customer service and awaiting for a response.

Still no standalone Rock Band. That and Bravely Second are probably the last holdouts for me.

Are you waiting for the the XB1 version? BB is listing the PS4 version unless I'm mistaken this is another version: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/madcatz-rock-band-4-playstation-4-rb491902ns06-30-1/10381573.aspx?path=a7ac5a25dc595acb3a53768e83237c18en02&SearchPageIndex=1

cocopuffs

Banned
and my arkham knight amazon preorder (w/ 30% off) came exactly on time today

worth noting that i have amazon prime though so that might be why

Stage On

Did anyone not get the E3 sales extended code in their email? Seems mine never came. Strange. I've the link that takes me to the site where I can qualify for it but whenever I try I get the following:

"This email address has already been registered and received the unique E3 Extended code. Please check your email for code."

I didn't get mine at first and all customer service did was ask to confirm if I had got the e-mail. Well obviously not or I wouldn't have been asking them about it.

Madness

Why are we getting $80 games? We've been hovering at 80 cents or over for months now. Retailers just taking advantage at this point...

They're predicting a lower dollar by the time many of these games launch. Most economists are predicting the dollar will drop in September and stay low well into the next year when it will recover again. So it seems ridiculous now to pay $74.99-$79.99 but what if by the time the game ships in November of this year or whenever the dollar is down to 72 cents? It's why I'm so happy Battlefront changed to $64.99.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Are you waiting for the the XB1 version? BB is listing the PS4 version unless I'm mistaken this is another version: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...rchPageIndex=1
Yeah, I want the Xbox version. They said that they would add it after the sale, but that was before they extended it. I'm not holding out hope though.

Bravely Second not showing up anywhere is weird though.

Sealtest

final fantasy 7 remake and digimon cyber sleuth PS4 pages now 404 on amazon

No idea why ff7 got taken down though since it was confirmed.

Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't want a page for a game that won't be out for years and certainly doesn't have a SKU or pricing or anything at all. Imagine all the pre-orders they must have for "New Fire Emblem" that they're now going to have to deal with once Nintendo puts both SKUs up for sale. Probably easier just to wait for concrete details from their distributor partners in, oh, 2018.

Best Buy, I'm guessing, doesn't give a shit because they'd rather have the pre-orders on the books. Probably also why they're so much better with putting up games people request during the E3 extravaganzas.

FrsDvl

I just got an email from them regarding ff7

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on June 14, 2015 (Order# *************). We've listed the item(s) listed below with the expected delivery date(s):

"Final Fantasy 7 Remake - PlayStation 4"
Estimated arrival date: January 04, 2017 - January 05, 2017

i-Jest

Okay. Looks like I'll have to wait until next E3 to preorder Digimon (maybe). Persona 5 and Bravely Second are still MIA though. I have very little hope of them be available for preorder before the promotions end.

The end is nigh.

Stage On

Project X Zone 2 has been price corrected at Amazon!

Almost wish I hadn't canceled Hyperdimension Neptunia rebirth 3 which I had for 30% off but how was I supposed to know that my job would actually start giving me extra summer hours this year when they haven't for the last two?

Not sure what to do with my best buy coupon. I was saving it in case Amazon didn't fix my order of Legend of legacy, but they did so I don't really have anything left to order

The 20% discount still works on Batman FYI.

Just ordered it since the PC version is borked.
Now that GMG has stated they'll be offering refunds if we're still dissatisfied after the first patch, I'm considering doing the same. I can just order a game that's that's not coming out for a while to get the discount, then cancel the second game after they ship Batman, right? Also, is Best Buy still offering 20% off on Batman? In the off chance that the PC version does get fixed it would be nice to be able to easily return it to a Best Buy.

Sora_N

Almost wish I hadn't canceled Hyperdimension Neptunia rebirth 3 which I had for 30% off but how was I supposed to know that my job would actually start giving me extra summer hours this year when they haven't for the last two?

Not sure what to do with my best buy coupon. I was saving it in case Amazon didn't fix my order of Legend of legacy, but they did so I don't really have anything left to order

Thanks gonna email them.

Guess I'll check my other games too.

Daigr

Amazon jacked the price of Street Fighter V to 79.99.

Does BestBuy's e3 deal end at 11:59pm pst on June 25th like Amazon?

Checked OP didn't see. Thanks

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Legend of Legacy is still not part of the promo though? Unless you have to convince someone to do it manually?

Sora_N

Amazon jacked the price of Street Fighter V to 79.99.

Does BestBuy's e3 deal end at 11:59pm pst on June 25th like Amazon?

Checked OP didn't see. Thanks

was only a matter of time. anyone interested who didn't lock that down at e3 only has themselves to blame

No doubt. $41.97 is a lot more affordable for a new copy of Street Fighter V than $79.99.

Now I'm really glad I ordered lol

Stage On

Legend of Legacy is still not part of the promo though? Unless you have to convince someone to do it manually?

Yeah I had to get them to do it manually. They only did it for me as an exception thought, probably due to how much trouble I had with them over moving my Fire emblem Fate preorder so I could keep the lower price I had on it and get the 30% off still.

Top Bottom