• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
E3 ME3 shipped

And then I went to get the tracking number off the website and laughed that the 5th and final game I ordered during E3 isn't going to be out until October (Bioshock)

I hope they do another buy 5 deal this E3

Guesong

I have a feelin we both gon' be mad

I wake up and what do I see?

It's still not shipped!

But at least it's not in the same shipment as SC2-2...now it simply says "In Stock" as to taunt me but with no shipping notice.

...and can anyone cancel their order from FS? I swear there was a button to do so on the website but it seems to have vanished!

E3 ME3 shipped

And then I went to get the tracking number off the website and laughed that the 5th and final game I ordered during E3 isn't going to be out until October (Bioshock)

Same. Shipped; expecting ME3 to show up this morning sometime. Then just forget about the FS order again until Bioshock.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Okay, My ME3 order isn't going to get here today and we're going to have a big-ass snow day tomorrow. I'm pretty close to pulling the old buy and swap today.

Okay, My ME3 order isn't going to get here today and we're going to have a big-ass snow day tomorrow. I'm pretty close to pulling the old buy and swap today.

I'm wondering if I can get away with for Game of Thrones. The only problem is I ordered off of Amazon.com. I'm not sure if the sku will be different.

Luigi87

Will probably be in the GMG thread, but to see here:

GREEN-DISCO-UNT10
Right now can use this code on GreenManGaming to save $10 on

Mass Effect 3
Battlefield 3
Kingdoms of Amalur
Syndicate
Call of Duty: Black Ops
The Darkness II
Skyrim

ryan-ts

Tracking says my game went out for delivery in my town an hour ago so I'll definitely be getting it today. Never played Mass Effect before so I'm going to get through this game as quickly as possible so I can sell it if I don't like it.

Luckily I just walked into a store this morning and nabbed the ME3 CE. With luck, anyone trying to do the swap when their preorder arrives can do it for the CE if they're quick about it.

jcutner

Luckily I just walked into a store this morning and nabbed the ME3 CE. With luck, anyone trying to do the swap when their preorder arrives can do it for the CE if they're quick about it.

FS hasn't shipped my CE yet that I ordered Feb 20th - I'm assuming I'm out of luck, even though it was still listed In Stock when I ordered it online.

I checked the Whitby FS on my way into work, people were picking up their CE pre-orders, but they had none on the racks - just the regular ed.

FS hasn't shipped my CE yet that I ordered Feb 20th - I'm assuming I'm out of luck, even though it was still listed In Stock when I ordered it online.

I checked the Whitby FS on my way into work, people were picking up their CE pre-orders, but they had none on the racks - just the regular ed.

For what it's worth, I picked mine up at Walmart. I figured I'd give that a shot since BB/FS were probably going to be the first ones picked clean.

Firestorm

Tracking says my game went out for delivery in my town an hour ago so I'll definitely be getting it today. Never played Mass Effect before so I'm going to get through this game as quickly as possible so I can sell it if I don't like it.

Sell it sealed and play either ME or ME3 with the interactive comic about ME (DLC on 360 / On disc for PS3) first! Half the reason I'm looking forward to ME3 is seeing how decisions and plot points from the past games playing out.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hahaha, I got my CE before my courier-shipped normal edition. :p

For anyone who cares, the steelbook actually has room for 5 DVDs and says "Mass Effect 3 collection", so you can technically store all three games on it I suppose. Mine came dented though. :p

SickBoy

Perhaps we could rename the thread the Canadian Gaming Deals, Discussion and Shipping Status update :)

(I'm still waiting for my ME3. Due tomorrow according to Canada Post)

Big Chungus

Dammit, this is the third time IN A ROW that Purolator has not delivered my package because of a "delayed delivery".

What the hell does that even mean?

I've been home everyday the package has been "On vehicle for delivery".

I hate driving 2km to pick up a package, ARGH!

Received my ME3 collector's edition at noon. I'm not even going to get a chance to play it until the 17th of March. :/ Maybe I shouldn't open it and just monitor Ebay.

I think the CE's are English only (likely not available in Quebec).

Got my CE and steelbook, wasn't dented. Still waiting for my E3 order from Purolator.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm wondering if I can get away with for Game of Thrones. The only problem is I ordered off of Amazon.com. I'm not sure if the sku will be different.
I wouldn't take that chance. On the bright side my GoT amazon.com order has shipped and will be here by the 13th according to the site.

theRizzle

Dammit, this is the third time IN A ROW that Purolator has not delivered my package because of a "delayed delivery".

What the hell does that even mean?

I've been home everyday the package has been "On vehicle for delivery".

I hate driving 2km to pick up a package, ARGH!

They do this to me all the time too.

There have even been days where I sat outside at my front door nearly the entire day, and when I wasn't I was looking out my huge bay window at the driveway, and nobody has showed up, yet when I check the tracking it says they tried to deliver it.

Purolator is so annoying.

Firestorm

Wal-Mart
4GB Xbox 360 - $129

March 7th in Quebec, March 9th everywhere else
I think the CE's are English only (likely not available in Quebec).

Got my CE and steelbook, wasn't dented. Still waiting for my E3 order from Purolator.
Mine is a regular edition. I got both the E3 Purolator and Purolator Steelbook order today! No dents in steelbook :)

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I don't even know what to do with two steelbooks. The Futureshop one is nicer though, I think.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Why not just go to the depot and pick it up if you are going out to get it anyways? That's what I'm going to do tonight when I get home from work.

Purolator closes at 4:30or 5 near me. Dominion (Superstore) closes... Actually it doesn't close.

Kunohara

Got my ME3 Collector's Edition from Amazon today. I am actually pretty surprised that I got it on release day, only using the free shipping. It said on my order that it won't ship till the 9th, and that I'll get it on the 13th or 14th.

Weird thing was they used UPS, but they just left the package at my door. I always thought UPS needed a signature.

Either way, pretty happy.

LevelNth

Banned
Just a heads up but I picked up a copy of Mass Effect 3 at the Game Centre at Bloor/Yonge in Toronto today, and they had a couple PS3 CE's available. I just stuck with the regular despite immediately buying the DLC when I got home.

The extra stuff looked ok, but collecting video game stuff isn't my thing anymore. With luck they might still have a copy or two tomorrow for anyone interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom