• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

explodet

Welp, it finally happened - some douchebag compromised my credit card and is running rampant with it. Already had it cancelled, now I've got to go and change all my orders on that card.

Not looking forward to the Futureshop order.

CRA5H

Welp, it finally happened - some douchebag compromised my credit card and is running rampant with it. Already had it cancelled, now I've got to go and change all my orders on that card.

Damn. Did the bank call you first or did you find out by looking at your account online?

UberTag

^The Hori ships to Ontario. $25 for 1-3 days priority and $10 for 7-12 days standard. Which is surprisingly not that bad.
Thanks for confirming this. Going to roll with the Hori then.
Will no doubt come in handy when Street Fighter V arrives.

Dazzler

I've been there twice. It's never fun

explodet

Damn. Did the bank call you first or did you find out by looking at your account online?
The latter. I check out my transactions regularly online, helps with budgeting a lot.
This is my first compromised CC, it sucks, but I guess I can consider myself lucky that it only got me now considering how long I've been using it.

I was so worried about not finding a New 3DS at Ebgames before their trade-in deal ended, but the guy at my local EB was super kind about and we came to a solution.

He said that since the stock was so low, he'd take my name and number, then call me the moment they come in, and even if it's a few days after March 1 (when the trade-in deal ends), he'll still honor it and I can trade my old XL in

:D

You could try just selling your 3DS XL on Kijiji for $100-150 since you have to wait anyway. I sold my 3DS for $80 bucks instead of trading it in to EB.

Dazzler

The latter. I check out my transactions regularly online, helps with budgeting a lot.
This is my first compromised CC, it sucks, but I guess I can consider myself lucky that it only got me now considering how long I've been using it.

I make a habit out of checking my balance every day now after mine was compromised twice last year. Whoever it was ordered themselves a Dominos pizza in Holland somewhere.

Hope they choked on it

I had to deal with this a little over a week ago.

Fixing the Future Shop orders wasn't that hard. Some I could change on the website but some had to be done over the phone. If you just have one big one you should be done quickly.

Zing

Banned
You could try just selling your 3DS XL on Kijiji for $100-150 since you have to wait anyway. I sold my 3DS for $80 bucks instead of trading it in to EB.
You missed out on $10! Sales tax on purchases is calculated after applying trade in credit. So, it's as though EB is giving you $90.40.

I had to deal with this a little over a week ago.

Fixing the Future Shop orders wasn't that hard. Some I could change on the website but some had to be done over the phone. If you just have one big one you should be done quickly.

If a part of the order has shipped you have to do it over the phone, otherwise it can be done online

You missed out on $10! Sales tax on purchases is calculated after applying trade in credit. So, it's as though EB is giving you $90.40.

I know, I gave someone a deal because I'd rather give the money to a person.

Edit: Plus my 3DS was in pretty poor shape actually. I bought it second hand and it was scratched up when I got it.

zroid

Banned
I saw some new inventory of red New 3DS XLs in a few stores today so hopefully this means more shipments are being sent out. Shoppers next pls.

Pls Nintendo. Let me give you my money Optimum Points.

Canon

Banned
Uh.. FutureShop just credited me $22 even though I didn't return anything. It's more than 30% of $44.99 so it can't be for Kirby.

I bought the HRAP v4 Hayabusa from amazon.ca back in December (with free shipping and all) but it looks like it's out of print now.

Looks like amazon.ca carries most Hori stick for a time. I have a feeling that they will get the Kai pretty quickly after release and I will regret buying it on .com instead of waiting. But what if they don't get it? Damn PS4 sticks are rare...

isny

napkin dispenser
I saw some new inventory of red New 3DS XLs in a few stores today so hopefully this means more shipments are being sent out. Shoppers next pls.

$20 off of $70 this weekend as well. So those complaining about the $70 games will be able to at least continue to be able to take advantage of these frequent SDM coupons.

Zeeman

$20 off of $70 this weekend as well. So those complaining about the $70 games will be able to at least continue to be able to take advantage of these frequent SDM coupons.

$70? The coupon I got was $20 off $60, which means I may go pick up Smash Bros for $45

WEGGLES

Looking to get a TV with my tax return. I want DLNA support and IDEALLY some sort of 0 overscan/"game"mode.

What do I look for in a TV? I'm thinking 50". I just don't want to get somethign crummy, or over priced. Any decent deals?

USED DEAL

NHL 12 PS3 used $0.99 at Future Shop

Just Dance 4 Wii U used $2.99 at Best Buy

Also Xenoblade 3DS is up for pre-order at FS/BB. $44.99 thankfully.

i-Jest

I'm sorry to hear this man. I hope I never have to go through it.

Upon further inspection I think you guys might be right. I normally use the PSN Web Store as opposed to the PS4 Store interface, so I just went to see if I could buy a few of the more recent PS+ games (Binding of Isaac, Escape Plan, Apotheon) and it doesn't seem like I can.

The only thing I can think of is I bought Hotline Miami and Spelunky on Vita before I had my PS4 & PS+ sub. I honestly can't remember doing that but it seems like what must have happened.

I think that's a bit of an oversight on Sony's part. It should be easy to buy a PS+ for keeps if you want.

Ah. I hoped there was a way around it but I guess not. Guess I'll stick to the original plan then. The only thing that sucks about this, for me, is I downloaded Dyad as a free game when it was available. Great game, I love it. I didn't mean to download it at the time but now I'll have to wait for my new subscription to end before I I can dip in.

iLLmAtlc

Repost asking for help.

Anyone buy these headphones (zx-600) from Walmart on Black Friday? I received these ones(zx-310) instead. Did this happen to anyone else?

I feel like they sent me the wrong ones but they are saying I got the ones I bought. My confirmation receipt says it was the 310 so I could be wrong.

The 600 was on sale for 34.88 and that was the exact price I paid. I couldn't find any black friday ad advertising the 310 or its price that day.

However, I went back to look at my browser history in November 2014 on both my desktop and macbook and I didn't visit the 310 page once. I also apparently searched for the 600 with an item number directly: 30968467 (I assume I did that to actually avoid buying the wrong one).

I've tried asking for an exchange but they're saying no. I feel like I'm probably wrong (because of the confirmation receipt) but there's enough circumstantial stuff that kinda bugs me that maybe I'm not lol. Any ideas?

iphys

Lol, I've got loads of Optimum points saved up, so I'm hoping they'll stock them eventually. Still not in the upcoming flyer, but I'm feeling somewhat optimistic since they had Majora's Mask 3D last week -- just hope they don't take 2 months to show up like the Wii U deluxes did.

Dreavus

I can't seem to find MH4 anywhere in the immediate vicinity (Vancouver area). Bestbuys and Futureshops are cleaned out, and the clerk said their stores only recieved 3 copies each. 2nd tier retailers for electronics like superstore/shoppers didn't receive it at all. I had no idea this game would be somewhat difficult to find.

Am I forced to put an order in on Amazon.ca and wait 2 months? D:

Sora_N

I can't seem to find MH4 anywhere in the immediate vicinity (Vancouver area). Bestbuys and Futureshops are cleaned out, and the clerk said their stores only recieved 3 copies each. 2nd tier retailers for electronics like superstore/shoppers didn't receive it at all. I had no idea this game would be somewhat difficult to find.

Because Nintendo

if you're in vancouver, ordering from BB or FS online should have it to you within like two days. their warehouse is in richmond.

Jblanks

if you're in vancouver, ordering from BB or FS online should have it to you within like two days. their warehouse is in richmond.

Speaking of Richmond. I ordered 2 copies of MLB14 The Show at BB for $10, and it shipped from Richmond... I live in Southern Ontario. Seems strange.

Returners

Alright Shipping-GAF a question:

Gamestop.com sent me some stuff over UPS but I was out of the country and can't pay the customs fees in time for all their three deliveries.

Has anyone been in this situation before? Did you end up getting the package?

kennah

Alright Shipping-GAF a question:

Gamestop.com sent me some stuff over UPS but I was out of the country and can't pay the customs fees in time for all their three deliveries.

Has anyone been in this situation before? Did you end up getting the package?

You're pretty much fucked. Sorry :(

Looks like amazon.ca carries most Hori stick for a time. I have a feeling that they will get the Kai pretty quickly after release and I will regret buying it on .com instead of waiting. But what if they don't get it? Damn PS4 sticks are rare...

That's funny, I'm struggling with the exact same thought right now. I haven't bought from .com yet, but I've hovered over the preorder button a few times now. Think I even have it in the cart, just to see what the total damage was.

Minimum of 20 increased to 25, including gaming hardware. Except for laptops. That was increased to 15. Toys were increased to 30.

Stock of games is depleting. We have tons of toys, furniture and Easter though.

What about everything else in the store, 10% off more than last week or remains the same?

Repost asking for help.

Anyone buy these headphones (zx-600) from Walmart on Black Friday? I received these ones(zx-310) instead. Did this happen to anyone else?

I feel like they sent me the wrong ones but they are saying I got the ones I bought. My confirmation receipt says it was the 310 so I could be wrong.

The 600 was on sale for 34.88 and that was the exact price I paid. I couldn't find any black friday ad advertising the 310 or its price that day.

However, I went back to look at my browser history in November 2014 on both my desktop and macbook and I didn't visit the 310 page once. I also apparently searched for the 600 with an item number directly: 30968467 (I assume I did that to actually avoid buying the wrong one).

I've tried asking for an exchange but they're saying no. I feel like I'm probably wrong (because of the confirmation receipt) but there's enough circumstantial stuff that kinda bugs me that maybe I'm not lol. Any ideas?

If your confirmation email, invoice, receipt etc. say 310 then you're pretty much SOL. You missed the holiday return window and while they probably have the price history of both products somewhere I don't think you have enough proof to get an exchange. The onus was on you to check your confirmation email that said you bought the correct product, and if there was a mistake after it arrived you should've returned it.

khaaan

Minimum of 20 increased to 25, including gaming hardware. Except for laptops. That was increased to 15. Toys were increased to 30.

Stock of games is depleting. We have tons of toys, furniture and Easter though.

Anecdotal, but when I went a few weeks ago almost everything that was worth buying had already been bought as far as gaming went.

Top Bottom