• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Meelapo

Neo Member
Can anyone recommend a good set of reasonably priced wireless headphones that work with the PS3 and Xbox 360? I moved those old consoles into a different room but I'm very close to the bedroom so I don't want to have the noise disturb my wife. I can't seem to find any decent ones at Canadian retailers and the ones I have found are super expensive because of the included PS4 and Xbox One support (which I don't need).

IceIpor

Please buy our Toys & Housewares, we have so much :(

oh and fuck Ottawa target so sending us their 2400 piece truck shipment on saturday, grrr
Yeah. Except for us it's a Quebec store sending us French stuff.
I don't know how we're going to sell French only toys in Toronto!
What about everything else in the store, 10% off more than last week or remains the same?
The same. Only things that were 20 or lower was increased.

Can anyone recommend a good set of reasonably priced wireless headphones that work with the PS3 and Xbox 360? I moved those old consoles into a different room but I'm very close to the bedroom so I don't want to have the noise disturb my wife. I can't seem to find any decent ones at Canadian retailers and the ones I have found are super expensive because of the included PS4 and Xbox One support (which I don't need).

Tritton Wireless Kunai? I think they're like $100 (if $100 sounds reasonably priced to you)

Or these Afterglow ones?

Yeah. Except for us it's a Quebec store sending us French stuff.
I don't know how we're going to sell French only toys in Toronto!

The same. Only things that were 20 or lower was increased.

i know Bowmanville had the same problem, wonder how they're doing with that lol

Seriously the DC just dont give a fuck

Damn Amazon CS is amazing. I contacted .com about my HRAP V4 Kai, telling that I was worried because it did let me place my order but the product page says "Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S."

3 minutes later, I had free priority shipping. I did not ask anything. Now I get my stick 1-2 weeks faster and my order went down by 10$US.

isny

napkin dispenser
Damn Amazon CS is amazing. I contacted .com about my HRAP V4 Kai, telling that I was worried because it did let me place my order but the product page says "Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S."

3 minutes later, I had free priority shipping. I did not ask anything. Now I get my stick 1-2 weeks faster and my order went down by 10$US.

Let's just hope that they don't ship it UPS or Fedex now or else you're screwed.

I wonder if Target has any controllers left.

Even then, they'd just be $44.99 or $49.99, so that's not a great deal. Walmart and Best Buy sometimes drop them to $39.99, or used to.

Target sucks.

Qwyjibo

I'm so tempted to get one of these to be covered for PS4, PS3 and PC in one. I've never used a HORI stick before though (I use a Qanba Q4).

What was the total damage in the end in CDN$?

isny

napkin dispenser
I am covered by the Import Fees Deposit they charged me from AmazonGlobal, no? They charge you a fixed amount in advance for clearing custom. If it costs more they cover it, if it's less they reimburse you.

Most likely. However, Fedex and UPS gonna Fedex and UPS. Meaning you may still receive an invoice from either company weeks after you accept the package from either company and it could be one heck of a hassle.

I've never had anything express shipped from Amazon.com before so I'm not sure if it works the same way as Amazon's normal logistics process (Amazon.com bulk ships items to a warehouse in Toronto, the items then get new labels added to them at the warehouse and the packages get turned over to Canpost)

CKB3375

Yeah, unless you're looking for a console the gaming "deals" at Target really aren't worth your time. Everything was bumped up to msrp so even after the 20% discount you can still find the majority of those games cheaper elsewhere. For example, I happened to notice Gears of War Judgement tagged $59.99, with 20% off that comes to $48 + tax....for a game I picked up a couple of years ago for under $20.

By the time the discounts reach a level that actually is a good deal I don't expect much at all to be left. That's just the way liquidation sales go....but people still buy.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, unless you're looking for a console the gaming "deals" at Target really aren't worth your time. Everything was bumped up to msrp so even after the 20% discount you can still find the majority of those games cheaper elsewhere. For example, I happened to notice Gears of War Judgement tagged $59.99, with 20% off that comes to $48 + tax....for a game I picked up a couple of years ago for under $20.

By the time the discounts reach a level that actually is a good deal I don't expect much at all to be left. That's just the way liquidation sales go....but people still buy.

We'll see. If I can snag either Bravely Default, one of the Zeldas, or Mario 3D Land for the 3DS, I'll be happy. But definitely waiting a little longer.

Did you guys hear about that DRAM suit, where you can apply to receive $20+ if you purchased applicable electronics like games consoles between '99 and '02? It's posted on RFD.

I picked up a PS4 at Target for $337. Given the state of the dollar I think that is the best price we will see for a while and I really want to play Persona and Bloodborn this year.

Qwyjibo

Did you guys hear about that DRAM suit, where you can apply to receive $20+ if you purchased applicable electronics like games consoles between '99 and '02? It's posted on RFD.
I submitted a claim for a Voodoo 3 card that was probably bought around that time. Looking forward to getting my $20 in about a year.

Firestorm

I picked up a PS4 at Target for $337. Given the state of the dollar I think that is the best price we will see for a while and I really want to play Persona and Bloodborn this year.
TLOU bundle? I probably shouldn't buy a new console given I have zero interest in anything until Uncharted 4 seeing as all the games I was interested in are apparently not worth it (The Order, Watch Dogs, etc) but I have my doubts that the PS4 price will drop by then... In fact my worries are it goes up again ._.

Target deals are still very meh.

Agreed. The 25% of games isn't that much. I ended up getting Fire Emblem for 3DS but I can't help but feel I could have gotten a better deal. Oh well.

I will go back when the deals get better. They had some copies of Kirby Triple Deluxe.

Surprised to see a bunch of A Link Between Worlds there.

Saturday

Argh, my target just got a small batch of PS4s last truck shipment and they were sold out within one day, bought by one guy. I believe it was the last of us bundle?

ohlawd

argh probably the cheapest I'll see a PS4 this year

wat do if I see one at Target

TLOU bundle? I probably shouldn't buy a new console given I have zero interest in anything until Uncharted 4 seeing as all the games I was interested in are apparently not worth it (The Order, Watch Dogs, etc) but I have my doubts that the PS4 price will drop by then... In fact my worries are it goes up again ._.

Yep they had the TLOU bundle and the white Destiny bundle. I'm more of a single player kind of guy so I went with TLOU.

argh probably the cheapest I'll see a PS4 this year

wat do if I see one at Target

That's the situation I was in. I was pacing up and down the aisle trying to make up my mind. I can afford it but its still a lot of money. I hadn't planned on buying one quite yet but there were only 4 left and there are some upcoming games I really want to play.

Moltenix

Is the 25% off storewide now? I saw the borderlands vita bundle on sunday, hope its still there.

Big signs everywhere saying 25-40% off everything in store.

Was really tempted to get a $337 PS4 but I just got an XB1 in November and there's not too many games I need yet so decided to pass on it.

Btw, for Calgary-GAF looking for discounted PS4's, there were still a number of Last of Us bundles at the Market Mall location when I was there this afternoon.

Bought one of Targets PS4s today, it was a TLOU bundle. There were only four left so I defintiely wasn't risking waiting for further price drops. This was the St. John's location btw. $381 tax included.

Megasoum

Banned
Hey Canada GAF... Anybody having issues loading Twitch tonight?

I dunno if it's a Videotron thing or if it's a twitch problem but I constantly get DNS errors on the site. It will maybe work once out of 10-15 tries...

I don't have any issues with other websites.

I dunno if it's a Videotron thing or if it's a twitch problem but I constantly get DNS errors on the site. It will maybe work once out of 10-15 tries...

Just went to twitch.tv and it didn't load.

flkraven

Heading to Toronto for a few hours tomorrow. I will be on foot, and will be wandering around younge and spadina. I made a list of places I want to hit, but I would love any suggestions in the area for the following items:

-Video Games, Blurays, & Anime
-Comic Books and Manga
-Anime, Comic, and Gaming Figures and Statues
-Generally, anything having to do with games, comics, and anime (lol)

Thanks a bunch!

I'm getting it with Bell.

I switched to Google's OpenDNS.

it's all good now.

KarmaCow

That happens most of the time when I try to go to Twitch, not just today.

jholmes

Heading to Toronto for a few hours tomorrow. I will be on foot, and will be wandering around younge and spadina. I made a list of places I want to hit, but I would love any suggestions in the area for the following items:

-Comic Books and Manga

Thanks a bunch!

The new Silver Snail location at Yonge and Dundas is a must if you're from out of town, and there's the big EB just down Yonge from there. In the Atrium, around there just to the north of the Eaton Centre, is Game Shack. They've generally got some good prices on retro stuff. If you're heading north past College I would check out One Million Comix and maybe Hairy Tarantula. On Spadina there's a bunch of stuff through Chinatown, all very obvious from the outside. The new A&C Games is at Spadina and College, but I haven't been since the move so I can't really vouch for it. There's a couple retro game places in Kensington, and north of there along College are a bunch of computer stores if you need some cheap parts.

That's some of the major points of interest. Sort of hard to narrow it down not knowing what you're looking for, what you're already familiar with and where you're going on those streets.

I dislike the new Silver Snail. It's great having a location on Yonge street but they lose out on this great window displays and the lack of space makes it difficult for browsing.

A & C games did it the right way. It's a great space with a ton of content. It's also pricey.

explodet

-Comic Books and Manga

Thanks a bunch!
For comics, there's a bookstore called BMV west of Yonge and Spadina, the third floor is the comic book/graphic novel/manga floor. Across the street is the Labyrinth, which leans more towards art books, and further west past Bathurst is the Beguiling.
Suspect Video is nearby there too but I haven't been there in like over a decade, so I don't know what they're like now.

A&C Games used to be just south of Yonge and Spadina, but they moved even further south past College, it's a bit of a hassle to walk there from Yonge and Spadina especially in the winter. Even further south from there is AnimeXtreme, lots of figures and merch there. Even further south than that is Meeplemart, a store dedicated to board gaming, although they've got a figure section. Iceman Games has a store a little west of A&C, as well.

And if you're willing to head further east of Yonge and Spadina there's Game Centre which is close to Yonge and Bloor.

If you had a couple of tokens or a day pass, you'd be laughing.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

-Comic Books and Manga

Thanks a bunch!

Among what others have mentioned in this thread, you might hit up the Toronto-Age thread as well. OT has suggestions for what you're asking for, but others will have their own.

Top Bottom