• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 6: Sorry, We Can't Afford a New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BestBuy is having a flash sale on headphones including gaming ones!

I need a pair of headphones for a trip next month without breaking the bank, any suggestions are appreciated!

frequency

Aww, I was hoping we would merge with the Amiibo thread.

... But glad to see someone finally stepped up to create the thread. Thanks!

BadWolf

What's your ideal price? PS4 had sweet deals for $360 this year.

That with a game or two would be nice.

Though at this point I'm also waiting for the new quieter and more energy efficient PS4 model to become more widely available.

Well over half a year till SFV hits though so I'm in no immediate hurry.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Hooray, new thread.

fDJQXnB.gif

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I had this thread shipped to the border and picked it up myself, unfortunately the dollar is so low I actually lost money.

Madness

At some point Splatoon has to go on sale, right?

It's Nintendo. I wouldn't bet on it for a while. Any sale would be pretty much just a few dollars difference as opposed to the half price or less other games from publishers are doing within a month or more after launch.

Velkyn

Subbed. Sad that most of the EBgames "deals" I see nowadays are games at a $59 price point that was the norm years ago.

Dazzler

just scoped out the Headphones deal at Best Buy

I'm a sennheiser guy and the deals on that brand are tepid. Thanks, Harper

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I need a good deal on books, what time of year does that happen

BTails

Thankfully between my e3 preorders and massive backlog, I'm won't be buying anymore new games for a while...

Of course I'll be buying new games -_-

Great new thread! Here's to the Loonie, may she rest in peace.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
At some point Splatoon has to go on sale, right?

Local (Toronto) only, but Game Mania had it for $45 for one of their sales a couple weeks ago. Also, if SDM near you carry games, there is a good chance they have copies in and you could buy it during a 20x points day. Those are your best options at the moment. Don't count on it going on an official sale for more than $5/10 off anytime soon. It's a 1st party Nintendo title that is selling well.

Smells like a new thread. But the next thread title should be "Only $90s Kids Would Understand" or something like that.

Also the GameDealsCanada site itself should be added to the OP.

If only there were actually deals to post.

Also what the fuck Steins Gate apparently is out this month. Didn't even notice the release date on VGP

Roto13

Smells like a new thread. But the next thread title should be "Only $90s Kids Would Understand" or something like that.

Also the GameDealsCanada site itself should be added to the OP.

If only there were actually deals to post.

Also what the fuck Steins Gate apparently is out this month. Didn't even notice the release date on VGP

Yeah. I'm playing it now for review. Under embargo for a game that came out a year ago in English and five years ago in Japanese. :p Never change, Japanese companies.

Yeah. I'm playing it now for review. Under embargo for a game that came out a year ago in English and five years ago in Japanese. :p Never change, Japanese companies.

It's under embargo? What a strange clause. The game is out there in so many variants in English its hilarious. The fan translated PC VN, the official PC English version, the English PS3/Vita EU version, plus the fan subbed and officially localized anime which is also on Netflix. 5pb pls

Give me Chaos Head NoAH god damn it. Everyone but Steins Gate pls

Updated the OP with GameDealsCanada and other stuff.

I just wanted to say, that when I started this thread eight years ago, I never really thought it would last as long as it has and saved (read: convinced you to spend) so much money for so many people. Super proud to have had a hand in building up this community on GAF. I may not spend much on games anymore or even really play many games anymore, but I still check this thread regularly to help my friends find cheap deals and see how everyone is doing! /concession speech

Though post slower y'all it took us longer to hit 20k in the first thread than the last 4 put together!

Still the king. Come back and make thread 7. I'm not worthy.

Achtius

Not a deal, but this is probably th best thread to ask . If I were to buy a phone off contract from a carrier, would the phone be locked or have the carrier apps installed?

Dazzler

apparently Chicken Nuggets are 10 for $1.99 at Burger King again

Guess I'll be eating some nuggets for lunch tomorrow

apparently Chicken Nuggets are 10 for $1.99 at Burger King again

Guess I'll be eating some nuggets for lunch tomorrow

Thanks for the heads-up. I'd been hoping the deal would return, especially after seeing it advertised on American TV.

$2 for 10 nuggets is more than fair.

kennah

Just a reminder, folks: don't need to post a "lol just posting to subscribe" post if you want to sub to the thread -- you can also use the thread tools (on the mobile and desktop versions of the site) to add a subscription.

Also, a deal?:

Walmart's offering a handful of 3DS games at $29.96 starting tomorrow. Mario Kart and Animal Crossing are only $5 off. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, though, seems to be regularly $45 (I assume Omega Ruby will also go on sale?).

Speaking of Pokemon, my son is 7. Will he dig it? He's kind of into Pokemon (cards and the show), but never tried the games (I'm not a fan, so I don't have any older versions he can try out).
My five year old who can't read gets a lot out of paying it. Go for it

kinger

Not a deal, but this is probably th best thread to ask . If I were to buy a phone off contract from a carrier, would the phone be locked or have the carrier apps installed?
Yes, and likely, but you should be able to delete those.

For anyone who uses the Amazon Appstore -- this means you, BlackBerry people! -- a bunch of free apps today, perhaps most notably Scribblenauts and the very good, almost but not quite worth playing without buttons port of Sonic 2.
Oh cool. I'll try to check this out later, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom