• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 6: Sorry, We Can't Afford a New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkusRJR

Dat new thread smell. I await the future non-deals in Canada!

While making this thread, I realized Future Shop and Target were still around during the last one. :(

WALL OF SHAME FROM LAST THREAD: TOP 10

DoctorWho 761
nobodyshero 558
zroid 530
ohlawd 418
DeathByBacklog 417
i-Jest 363
Sora_N 362
Lone_Prodigy 319
firehawk12 288
Lexxus 285

THE REST OF THE LIST
Only #63. I only started posting regularly in these threads recently so I'm surprised I'm not near the bottom.

iLLmAtlc

4lbuTK5.png

this will go down well with the nuggets >_>

inb4avatarquote

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Ayy, why is Purolator (sorry if I summon IT..) so bad at their job. Our building has a list of less than two dozen names and they can never find the buzzer until the second delivery, when I specifically tell them the number.

This is.. a mystery package though. I'm not expecting anything that should be shipping via Purolator except for the
Amiibo retro 3 pack
next month. What could it be..

edit: Shipped from Vancouver. Betting this is the last of the Club Nintendo prizes. ie; My calendar.

Miutsu

Subbed as a new CanadaGAF member!

I'm in the market for a new monitor, would it be better to buy it through GamesForCanada instead? Quebec taxes hurt the wallet a bit.

Banned
Ayy, why is Purolator (sorry if I summon IT..) so bad at their job. Our building has a list of less than two dozen names and they can never find the buzzer until the second delivery, when I specifically tell them the number.

This is.. a mystery package though. I'm not expecting anything that should be shipping via Purolator except for the
Amiibo retro 3 pack
next month. What could it be..

edit: Shipped from Vancouver. Betting this is the last of the Club Nintendo prizes. ie; My calendar.
I see my package is finally on its way muahaha.

I have replacement XBone sticks on my DS4 and they work well. Much better than default. I can't be certain on their authenticity, but it feels fine.

Are those ones on Amazon the same brand as yours?
I don't mind if they're not legit xb1 sticks just want to know if these "Generic" brand ones are ok lol
The few reviews it has doesn't sound promising.

Sajjaja

Are those ones on Amazon the same brand as yours?
I don't mind if they're not legit xb1 sticks just want to know if these "Generic" brand ones are ok lol
The few reviews it has doesn't sound promising.

The ones I got were on Ebay http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1-Pairs-Blac...-Controller-/310933044896?hash=item48650dbea0.

Probably all the same tbh, but ebay has it for like 2.50 with free shipping.

Here's the gaf thread about switching sticks.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=867944

the3ye

Does BB have sennheiser momentum 2.0 headphones in stores? All I see online are those old, discontinued ones.
I don't want to go to bestbuy and waste rest of the day and can't get in touch with them on the phone ;/

The ones I got were on Ebay http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1-Pairs-Blac...-Controller-/310933044896?hash=item48650dbea0.

Probably all the same tbh, but ebay has it for like 2.50 with free shipping.

Here's the gaf thread about switching sticks.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=867944

I'm the last post in that thread. Notice the wear on the stick. I think that's just going to happen with the generic sticks, but they fit perfect and don't rub or affect range of motion, so it's definitely worth it. Stick covers are not great solutions unless you refuse to remove 5 screws from your controller.

Sajjaja

I'm the last post in that thread. Notice the wear on the stick. I think that's just going to happen with the generic sticks, but they fit perfect and don't rub or affect range of motion, so it's definitely worth it. Stick covers are not great solutions unless you refuse to remove 5 screws from your controller.

I use my DS4 often enough on my PC but I don't have any cracks or that kind of wear on mine.

My friend has something like that, they feel kind of tacky though.

You are better buying from ebay and getting more for less. I've ordered a decent amount of these and the quality can be hit or miss so it's best to hedge your bets - sometimes the middle of the stick is lower than it should be giving a lot of space for your thumb to rub against the rough edges.

3 out of the 8 I've ordered came with that defect. The rest are perfectly fine in that respect.

Subbed as a new CanadaGAF member!

I'm in the market for a new monitor, would it be better to buy it through GamesForCanada instead? Quebec taxes hurt the wallet a bit.

I was just reading a thread about monitors and the consensus is that you want to buy one in-store. If there's a dead pixel you'll have to ship it back to the retailer or deal with the manufacturer, which is a nuisance in both cases.

Get one from Costco or even Best Buy: they have good return policies.

I just got Amazon Prime. Is there a way to change my E3 preorders shipping methods to the Prime speed? Is it simply just changing shipping speed on edit order to priority or would I have to call in?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Still no sale on Splatoon. These high prices only mean one thing, return of the backlog and Rocket League.

sjay1994

hmmm.

I am considering canceling one of my E3 orders (Battlefront+Deus Ex+Arkham Knight) because I like the cover of the Battlefront SE more than the standard box art.

I am actually considering spending 30 more dollars on a boxart

I just got Amazon Prime. Is there a way to change my E3 preorders shipping methods to the Prime speed? Is it simply just changing shipping speed on edit order to priority or would I have to call in?

You have to contact a CSR to move your orders manually to two-day shipping. Attempting to do it through the website will display a delivery charge on the order when you switch to two-day shipping. (Easy to reverse by switching back to super saver shipping, in case you're wondering.)

Anyone know about such a store close to the Toronto East End (scarborough, pickering, ajax)?

I was just at a retro store in Ajax recently, forgot the name (it was on Google) and it was awesome. Huge selection and reasonable prices for what I was looking for.

JazzmanZ

In these dark times for fellow Canadian gamers that Libraries are a beacon of hope, you can rent games for free and they're always getting new stuff now and then, the only downside is the 7 day rental, won't always have the latest things, and risk of scratchy unplayable discs.

Banned
In these dark times for fellow Canadian gamers that Libraries are a beacon of hope, you can rent games for free and they're always getting new stuff now and then, the only downside is the 7 day rental, won't always have the latest things, and risk of scratchy unplayable discs.
Canada still has libraries? And more importantly, ones with video games available for rent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom