• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 6: Sorry, We Can't Afford a New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eoyote

Neo Member
For those buying the above HDD, you might want to make sure it`s not one with a proprietary connector. If that thing fails, the drive is toast as it`s soldered directly onto the HDD.

Anyone else doing Force Friday tomorrow?

Wal Mart opens at 7am and Toys R Us at 9am. I can go to both easily.

I want to get all 5 6" Black Series figures and some of the 2 pack 3.75" figures (Vader/Asoka and Chopper/Zeb).

My TRU isn't opening at midnight tonight but if yours is they are giving away posters.

Yeezus

So I happened to find the older, larger PS2 model, 2 first party controllers and a memory card for 26 dollars the other day. I pulled the trigger, and everything seems to be in fine working condition, but I'm curious whether or not I got a deal.

Dazzler

Phones bought outright from a carrier are locked to that carrier. The only exception is Nexus phones which are always unlocked.

You can usually find an unlock code on eBay.

I'm on Fido so it's ok

Went in to enquire about it, and dude said if I paid off the balance of my old Nexus 5 (100 bucks) they'd give me the M4 for free if I resigned for two more years, which I did

yay for new phone!

If you can up your price range a little, this is a solid set:

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00SMBF3NS/

1080p and built-in Wifi with a ton of smart apps.

I recently bought my girlfriend a TV under a similar budget. Wound up getting her a set from The Source because they had it on clearance, so that'd be my other suggestion: go to every electronics website (off the top of my head the ones that sell TV's are... Canadian Tire, The Source, Best Buy, London Drugs, Staples, and whatever local electronics stores are in your city) and do a search for their sales/clearance items.
Thanks for the advice :)

The TV you posted looks great, but I'll do some more searching before I bite.

Oneself

Hmmm. Im not sure if you like Motorola but try checking Moto G 3rd gen ($220 outright?) and moto x play ($410). I heard LG g3 is good too.
Theres also oneplus one as an option
LG G3 is really great.
Got one from/for my job and then proceeded to buy one for personal use.
At the time, it was more expensive so now it's definitely worth it.

So I happened to find the older, larger PS2 model, 2 first party controllers and a memory card for 26 dollars the other day. I pulled the trigger, and everything seems to be in fine working condition, but I'm curious whether or not I got a deal.

Doesn't sound bad at all for 26 bucks, but the real test of value will be how much you use it.

BadWolf

LG G3 is really great.
Got one from/for my job and then proceeded to buy one for personal use.
At the time, it was more expensive so now it's definitely worth it.

Is it better than the Motorola phones? Is the UI smooth and snappy?

Was thinking of getting a phone for my mom's birthday coming up in November.

I'm on Fido so it's ok

Went in to enquire about it, and dude said if I paid off the balance of my old Nexus 5 (100 bucks) they'd give me the M4 for free if I resigned for two more years, which I did

yay for new phone!

Yes, another Xperia owner. There are literally dozens of us!

Please bring the Z5C to Canada, Sony.

Dazzler

Please bring the Z5C to Canada, Sony.

So far, it seems like a pretty nice phone! I don't need bleeding edge tech, just need it for whatsapp, email and some Words with Friends (as well as calls obvz)

I am starting to wonder if that Xenoblade X special edition is U.S. only as well.

Ugh. I hope CEs not coming to Canada doesn't become a thing because of the exchange rate and retailers not wanting to stock them.

Luckily I have a border store in the USA that is only 45 minutes away.

I have the Uncharted 4 and Xenoblade CE/SEs preordered with Amazon USA shipping there currently in case. Uncharted 4 is already confirmed not coming to Canada.

Lexxism

Looks like the Compact is not coming.
"Not coming to Canada, the Xperia Z5 Compact features a 4.6-inch 1280 x 720 display, a slightly smaller 2,700mAh battery and comes in yellow, coral, white and black)."
Only the other two will come.
“Xperia Z5 and Xperia Z5 Premium will be coming to Canada later this fall but we haven’t got any further information on specific Canadian timing, carriers or pricing that we can share at this time. We will keep you posted on the specifics for Canada.”
http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/09/02/s...-premium-canadian-specs-pricing-availability/

Aerocia

Hey guys, since when was the new Destiny console up for preorder on Amazon? Thinking of pulling the trigger.. But wish the MGS one was available :(

Your gut feeling was right, the rep was feeding me a bunch of bullshit, we'll see what comes of it. Here's the chat log

Amazon: Thanks for the order number.
Just a moment, please.
Thanks so much for your patience and waiting, Nick.

Me: No problem, take all the time you need!

Amazon: I understand your concern that you're inquiring regarding the code, Nick.
However, it seems that code which are offered from Amazon.com website.
However, we do not offer any of the code from our partner website at Amazon.ca.
I'm so sorry if it wasn't clear while placing an order, Nick.

Me: I think your information is incorrect. The codes were supposed ot be included in the box. Due to a manufacturing problem they forgot to include them in the box. They are supposed to supply you guys with the codes and forward them to he customers
It isn't an extra or bonus, it's part of the product

Amazon: Yes, it's the part of the product but the code is supplied only from our partner website at Amazon.com.

Me: So how do i go about getting the code?

Amazon: Since you placed an order from Amazon.ca, we do not offer code from our website.
I'm really so sorry about that.
If you would like to receive the code, you'll need to place an order from Amazon.com website.

Me: I don't understand, it was part of the product and part of what i paid for
as well as it being listed on the product page on amazon.ca

Amazon: I'm really so sorry. We haven't listed any code from our website.
Could you please copy and paste the link of an item detail page where the code was mentioned on our website?

Me: part of the listing states "
Weapon & Shield Pack: Windurger S333 Combat Special Revolver,Adam-ska Special Handgun,Maschinen aktische Pistole 5 Weiss Special Handgun,Rasp Short-Barreled Shotgun Gold,Personal Ballistic Shield (Olive Drab, Silver, White, Gold)
Cardboard Boxes: Cardboard Box (Rocky Terrain), Cardboard Box (All-Purpose Dryland), Cardboard Box (Wetland)
Snake Costumes: Fatigues (Black Ocelot), Fatigues (Gray Urban), Fatigues (Blue Urban), Fatigues (All-Purpose Dryland)"
all of what is listed there is part of that code
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00UFOY...(See full link)
Not only is all that information listed but the page, but everything under "Additional game content" in the product image is what that code gives you

Amazon: I understand your concern.
Okay.
Since you haven't received the part of code, I'll forward it to our Marketing department regarding this issue with an high priority so that they will be happy to send you the code.
Would that be fine for you?

Me: sure, no problem!

Amazon: However, our marketing department will send you a code within 12 to 24 hours.
Would that be fine for you, Nick?
In the meantime, I'll also personally follow up with you and let you know via e-mail once we receive the code from them.

Me: Sure, sounds good to me!

Amazon: Thanks for your understanding.
Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Me: Nope, that's everything! Thank you :)

Amazon: It's my pleasure to help you.
Thanks for contacting us.
Take Care.
Bye!!! Nick.

LOL.

That's exactly how I expected it to go down, sadly

"Sorry, we don't offer the items you paid an extra FIFTY DOLLARS for"

What a fucking joke. Hopefully that was just an uninformed rep and SOMEONE there knows what's going on

Skikkiks

I've been told from my local EB Games that the Uncharted 4 Libiteria (?) Edition is US only. Thanks Sony.

That's odd. When I went to the Vaughan Mills EB Games to ask for the special edition of UC4 on Tuesday when I picked up MGSV, they had the normal, special and libertaria editions in their system, and the special edition was the only one they couldn't let me preorder.

They said the Libertalia edition was 150 bucks too. I have the Uncharted 3 Collectors Edition so I passed and preordered the special edition on Amazon lol.

krae_man

Z* compact is worthless until they make the screen 1080p anyway.

Seriously its still going to be a $700+ phone, how is it not 1080p yet?

kennah

Z* compact is worthless until they make the screen 1080p anyway.

Seriously its still going to be a $700+ phone, how is it not 1080p yet?
I wish my s4 wasn't 1080p. Makes everything run like ass.

It's literally the only 1080p device I own. TV is 720, computer is 1050

Elitist1945

That's odd. When I went to the Vaughan Mills EB Games to ask for the special edition of UC4 on Tuesday when I picked up MGSV, they had the normal, special and libertaria editions in their system, and the special edition was the only one they couldn't let me preorder.

They said the Libertalia edition was 150 bucks too. I have the Uncharted 3 Collectors Edition so I passed and preordered the special edition on Amazon lol.

Huh. I guess my EB Games is just misinformed/not up to date. Hopefully they get that fixed because I'd much rather not pay over $200 to import the CE.

Umibozu

If you buy phones outright, the carriers are supposed to unlock it if you ask. It was in the news over a year ago. I think I saw it on marketplace where they did the whole hidden camera thing and went to rogers, bell, phonewave, and bestbuy to see if they would follow through. Surprisingly it was bestbuy employees that refused to sell the phones outright and/or unlock them.

Lexxism

Is there an iphone user here who uses password manager? Is it possible to pay the yearly subscription using itunes card or is it only available to credit card?

Madness

Has every pre-order game been a mess on Amazon Canada or is it primarily MGS V? The disconnect is interesting. Both Amazon US and Canada outsource customer service help to places like India, the Philippines etc. And yet I've never had an issue with Amazon US reps understanding the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom