• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Looks like new Amiibo are going up on Best Buy DOT COM. I wonder if this means we'll see them hit Canada soon.. I'm literally on the edge of my seat waiting for them.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Looks like new Amiibo are going up on Best Buy DOT COM. I wonder if this means we'll see them hit Canada soon.. I'm literally on the edge of my seat waiting for them.
You should have a page open to each of the Canadian retailers that's constantly looking for new items to pop up.

Bestbuy.ca will pick some Friday weeks from now to put them up.

We still need that Bayonetta exclusive from them.

You should have a page open to each of the Canadian retailers that's constantly looking for new items to pop up.

That's what leeman does.

Do we know if the Switch + Splatoon bundle is coming to North America? I refuse to buy consoles without bundled games, so hopefully some are announced.

Amazon says my Tekken 7 will arrive next Monday. Yesterday, it was still showing delivery date between June 27th to July 29th.

Check your order!

Sora_N

The newly announced G.U. HD Trilogy? Unfortunately not, was it even announced for localization? I'm under the impression they'll be adding new scenes and stuff.

In the other thread people mentioned since it's coming for PC then it will most likely be localized. I want a physical copy so I can sell my original sealed ones, if it's digital I think I'll have to hang onto the physical copies.

shira

We might hit 75 cents to the USD
money.gif

In the other thread people mentioned since it's coming for PC then it will most likely be localized. I want a physical copy so I can sell my original sealed ones, if it's digital I think I'll have to hang onto the physical copies.

You're expecting an amazon listing following a famitsu scan lol?

i-Jest

I remember reading that too but until Bandai Namco and Cyber Connect 2 give the word, I'm keeping expectations within reason. Just remember, there are two addition console games that never made it over, despite fan demand. This treatment extends to a mobile game, recently no longer supported, with some slightly impressive visuals.

I would love to see it come over but I'm a bit salty about past treatment to think it's coming to the west by default because of a PC release. I really hope I'm wrong though.

Why would they give you a 80$ price reduction when the console is stil selling out 4 months after release?

The japanese price should have clued you in, don't expect price drops or egular price bundles until sales start slowing down.

I liked it better when Nintendo was unsuccessful and desperate :(

Sora_N

You're expecting an amazon listing following a famitsu scan lol?

I remember reading that too but until Bandai Namco and Cyber Connect 2 give the word, I'm keeping expectations within reason. Just remember, there are two addition console games that never made it over, despite fan demand. This treatment extends to a mobile game, recently no longer supported, with some slightly impressive visuals.

I would love to see it come over but I'm a bit salty about past treatment to think it's coming to the west by default because of a PC release. I really hope I'm wrong though.

Trying to be hopeful about it, I was already thinking of selling my PS2 copies actually lol.

So 599$ for xbox one x in canada , how do people feel about that?
Anything over 600$ was a No for me, now I m not sure anymore , I may buy it , it will depend on the trade in promotion

well for me anything over 499$ CAN was a no for me , im going to wait when its 300$

i-Jest

Trying to be hopeful about it, I was already thinking of selling my PS2 copies actually lol.

Nah dude, hold onto those for now. If it comes over it may just be a digital release strictly. It's nice to have the originals on hand anyway. Even if the digital re-release comes over, the Trilogy will remain one of the most sought after group of PS2 games.

Has the loon been going back up? I stopped checking as the results were so depressing

The last few days it has gone up ~2c due to the anticipating of hiking interest rates from the BOC. Hopefully that means the new switch games will only be $95 :(

Still waiting for even a sale on a PS4 Pro in time for GT Sport. Has it even ever been on sale?

etta

my hard graphic balls
My TV shipped with Purolator, is that good or bad?
I think they might just tell me to come pick it up from their post office if I'm not there for delivery, right?

Fularu

Banned
Hmmm, interesting, I'll check there before freaking out if it's not in the front.

Now I need to load up on 4K gameplay demos and trailers, hmmmm.
That's what they always do for me, they don't ring nor leave a notice. They just drop it in the back (or in the front during winter, storm or not) and mark it "delivered - NASW"

joedick

So 599$ for xbox one x in canada , how do people feel about that?
Anything over 600$ was a No for me, now I m not sure anymore , I may buy it , it will depend on the trade in promotion

Doesn't that make it over $50 cheaper in Canada? Surprised they didn't go $650.

well for me anything over 499$ CAN was a no for me , im going to wait when its 300$

So you were possibly willing to pay up to $500 CAN, but now that it's $600, you won't pay anything over $300? How does that make any sense?

For me, I might pull the trigger when it'll be $500, but that depends how well the optimization are done on the X. I don't want another PS4 Pro situation. Too few games have worthwhile differences between regular PS4 and Pro.

Anything between 1080p and 4K (4K CB) isn't providing a worthwhile difference on my OLED B6P. Native 4K or 4K CB games are really striking, though they are very few and far between.

SickBoy

I was all excited this morning as I went on Walmart's website and saw an extra Switch game in their Switch category (23 results!). But I'm pretty sure it was Lego Marvel 2. And it was out of stock. And it doesn't seem that it was even discounted.

I think 20% might be the best I can hope for on Rabbids. And I haven't given up on it, but I give myself like a 2% chance of getting Splatoon 2 @$50.

Has the loon been going back up? I stopped checking as the results were so depressing

It took a pretty big jump this week after a Bank of Canada official's speech was seen to be suggesting the BoC might be set to raise interest rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom