• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Just a headsup if you wanna buy digital Switch stuff like the Zelda season pass or Snipperclips, EB doesnt charge tax on it.

Fularu

Banned
No new amiibos on Canadian retailer sites yet, right? Just got off work, and don't go in for the rest of the week. Ready to stay perched.

Every single time I see your handle and your avatar they remind me that Wreck it Ralph 2 still isn't out and my day goes darker.

khaaan

So I ordered two copies, the first was in the hubris of "omg get an order in asap" where I did it without an account and picked delivery instead of pickup. I then made an account and ordered it again for pickup. Do I have to call in to cancel the first one? I'm worried about Wal-mart seeing someone ordering two copies and killing both of them.

Edit:

I got mario at walmart but my credit card will expire before it ships, will i be able to change my card info online or by phone?

I think you have to call in to make changes to an order. I don't see any options for my account based order nor my email order.

Ondore

Are you using pickup? Check your billing info since it was duping the shipping location on me. I had to re enter my credit card from scatch to fix it

Yeah, I had to update mine since the card was expired. But I got it, and between all these preorders and managing to get two out of three of the new Switch games yesterday for $63 I think I won E3.

Stage On

I'm not sure what to do with Assassin's creed or Far Cry.

Do I go for the $50 standard edition? the $90 Gold edition that comes with the season pass or wait for the standard edition to drop to $20

Ventara

Do I go for the $50 standard edition? the $90 Gold edition that comes with the season pass or wait for the standard edition to drop to $20

This is just me personally, but I never find these Gold editions or whatnot worth it. I say just buy both Far Cry V and Assassin's Creed Origins regular edition for $100 total, play on release, then easily sell/trade for $40-50. If you have a big backlog and don't think you'll play it day 1, then just pick it up down the line for $20.

NYR

These have been $50 for days along with FIFA. Amazon isn't price matching them, they've been in stock too, sucks. I couldn't wait another day.

I'm waiting for Origins to drop, but getting Far Cry 5 Gold on release. It's basically like getting the season pass for free. Plus, I love steelbooks.

Wasp14

Someone who works at Best Buy posted on RFD that from June 16-19 there will be a "friends and family sale" there. Of note to me was the Google USB-C Charger w/6 ft cable which will be on sale for $21.99. From what I've read it's an alternative for the Nintendo Switch and supports power delivery/18W.

SickBoy

Mario still being in stock gives me a little hope for Splatoon. Of all the stuff WM offered at $50, I don't think Arms will come back. Whatever stock they have has to be already spoken for in their supply chain.

I'm one of those dumb people that orders FIFA for PS4 every year. This year I really want it on the Switch due to the portability. But it is annoying as hell that the PS4 version is priced at 50, while Nintendo's is 80 (plus 20%) off. Also of course Nintendo's version isn't the frostbite engine and doesn't include all the modes.

But portable!!!

Just to make sure - I have an Anker PowerCore 20100 - will it be able to charge the Switch while playing games, or will the system drain battery faster than it charges?

(The USB-C cable I have is fine, I've already checked that.)

jpv_13

Neo Member
Still no shipping notice for my Arms copy from Amazon.

Anybody (double discount or not) receive their shipping notification yet?

trebbble

Still no shipping notice for my Arms copy from Amazon.

Anybody (double discount or not) receive their shipping notification yet?

My order of Arms is showing a ship date the same as my Splatoon order. I contacted them and they say it's just a glitch. Hope no one else is in the same boat.

Mine is still allegedly shipping tonight and arriving on the 16th. IIRC last time, I think it was BOTW, it said it would ship on one day and then actually shipped at 1am the following day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom