• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

I highly doubt Nintendo of Canada will move away from their $99.99 CDN price point for new games even if we hit 80 cents to the USD.
No chance. That is a 59 cent loonie, oil would need to be $20 a bbl, there is no one reasonable predicting that by EOY or EOY18, would be a disaster for the economy and the price of games should be the least of our worries. That isn't happening.

The lowest the loonie has been since 1953 is 61.83 cents.

UberTag

I really doubt any of these games will actually ship at $99.99 MSRP.
Time will tell. I suspect this "placeholder" price bullshit across every retail outlet is a market research experiment.
And I actually DO believe that Pokken Tournament DX WILL ship at that price and they'll assess the results accordingly.

FN-2187

So 599$ for xbox one x in canada , how do people feel about that?
Anything over 600$ was a No for me, now I m not sure anymore , I may buy it , it will depend on the trade in promotion

I think I'm in.

I want to dive in to 4K gaming, and I don't want to have to upgrade my PC.

I also appreciate that we are getting a break in Canada. It should be $679 based on exchange rate.

I still don't have a Switch and I want one, but it's $490 with a Pro controller (which would be a must purchase for me), and that comes with no games. Add a game and it's $570. With the X, I don't need to buy a game at launch since I already have a huge library. I also wouldn't need to buy a single accessory.

I have been super happy with my OG Xbox One, and I love a lot of what MS is doing right now with BC and Game Pass. Plus, EA Access is awesome (that's not MS, but they allowed it on the platform and they promote it).

Originally, I was thinking I would trade in or sell my OG Xbox One, but now I am thinking of keeping it for two screen local co-op.

Kiro

As someone who has a lot of money in US stocks. I hope the Canadian dollar gets weaker until I sell.

Nintendo high and Canadian dollar low is the dream.

If amazon doesn't get MH Stories or YoKai Watch 2 by today I'll just order them off Best Buy. Wanna get all my E3 pre-orders done today so hopefully M&L and Metroid LE pop up too.

Kyolux

It's crazy. Haven't had anything to pre order since the glitch happened, except for assassin's creed for 49.

Low key e3 this year for non-switch owner.

I guess PSX will have some more stuff for 2018.

Kiro

I meant it in light-hearted jest. Of course I want Canada to do well and be prosperous. Just trying to pay off student loans and when Nintendo goes up, my payout remains the same because the Canadian dollar goes up too lol.

Ventara

I meant it in light-hearted jest. Of course I want Canada to do well and be prosperous. Just trying to pay off student loans and when Nintendo goes up, my payout remains the same because the Canadian dollar goes up too lol.

It's too late. You've already outed yourself. May your days be glitch-free and your deals sold out.

I think I'm in.

I want to dive in to 4K gaming, and I don't want to have to upgrade my PC.

I also appreciate that we are getting a break in Canada. It should be $679 based on exchange rate.

I still don't have a Switch and I want one, but it's $490 with a Pro controller (which would be a must purchase for me), and that comes with no games. Add a game and it's $570. With the X, I don't need to buy a game at launch since I already have a huge library. I also wouldn't need to buy a single accessory.

I have been super happy with my OG Xbox One, and I love a lot of what MS is doing right now with BC and Game Pass. Plus, EA Access is awesome (that's not MS, but they allowed it on the platform and they promote it).

Originally, I was thinking I would trade in or sell my OG Xbox One, but now I am thinking of keeping it for two screen local co-op.

Good post, hadn't really thought of it like that. I think alot of us have been shielded from paying full price for any console lately because of trade in offers. Switch really is expensive when you factor in 2 games, a case, and extra charger. Puts XBX price into context. Now that I'm done with Zelda and have no interest in ARMs, it feels kinda lame having paid $500 to play Puyo Puyo, Street Fighter, and an older Mario Kart.

$499 CDN $399 USD is still the sweet spot for pricing though. Xbox One family in general is amazing value but seriously lacking in great exclusives lately. It really is almost like a gaming PC where you're limited to Steam + Windows store, but miss all the AAA Japanese and some Euro stuff (Horizon). I'm sure we'll see some sort of boxing day bundle, MS always brings the Holiday bundle value pack every year.

F6vctBG.jpg

Now I just need BotW & a Case... Any recommendations?

Haines

Banned
I havent been abke to keep up. Feeling overwhelmed.

Is the 50 doller walmart deal still on?

Im having a hard time finding deals on the new nintendo games announced like kirby yoshi and rabids.

Or other games like anthem and wolfenstein 2.

Am i SOL?

i-Jest

In my name? YOU WOULD DARE DO THESE THINGS IN MY NAME?!!?!?! This is the height of hubris!

For real though, nothing wrong with long term planning. Student loans are not something to be ignored so yeah dude, you do you.

speiky

DEAL?

Tekken 7 Day 1 Edition - $49.96 (ships in 1 - 2 months) on Amazon.ca. The listing says price hidden, but once it's added to your cart, it's $49.96 instead of $79.99.

r7w6ns0.png

EDIT: It shows that you can save on it with Amazon Prime. Can someone confirm you get 20% off the $49.96 price with Prime? Doesn't seem to stack, oh well!
Walmart.ca has it for 49.96 as well. Says on their website. Just picked up a copy in-store, scanned at 79.96. They matched their Website advertised price obviously.

Noticed that Xenoblade 2 is 79.99 on amazon, unlike all the other switch games. Is this still a markup or did they miss this one?

Not a markup. I actually don't really know why Xenoblade 2 remains listed at $79.99, but don't look a gift horse in the mouth (where "gift horse" actually means "regular price that seems like a gift because Nintendo is inexplicably putting ridiculous placeholder prices on their games horse").

Not all Switch games are $99. Rabbids, Arms, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, NBA and Skyrim are all $79.99

Not a markup. I actually don't really know why Xenoblade 2 remains listed at $79.99, but don't look a gift horse in the mouth (where "gift horse" actually means "regular price that seems like a gift because Nintendo is inexplicably putting ridiculous placeholder prices on their games horse").

Good shit. I plan on getting a Switch before the fall so definitely gonna pre-order it.

UberTag

Newly listed Switch titles have been posted at the extortionary $100 price point.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was already listed at retailers at $79 prior to the overwhelmingly successful (aka we can gouge Canadians now) Switch launch so it remains at that price as do almost all of the third-party listings.

killroy87

Yeah.... no - I rather not pay $200-400+ for a Switch case.

Is the OZRLY case the best if I have an Anker PowerCore 20100?

Any other options for a good Switch Case?

Almost no cases will also fit a power bank. You'll need to upgrade to something bigger for that. That said, just as a case, the OZRLY one is grea.t Their screen protectors are best in class as well.

Fularu

Banned
Newly listed Switch titles have been posted at the extortionary $100 price point.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was already listed at retailers at $79 prior to the overwhelmingly successful (aka we can gouge Canadians now) Switch launch so it remains at that price as do almost all of the third-party listings.
AFAIK Mario is the only original listing that increased in price.

I'm also positive none of those games will release at 99.99$

Ventara

Yeah.... no - I rather not pay $200-400+ for a Switch case.

Is the OZRLY case the best if I have an Anker PowerCore 20100?

Any other options for a good Switch Case?

Not sure how big your power bank is, but this case looks nice, if a little plain.

Switch ButterFox Case

Looks roomy, and can hold 19 games. Also, you won't have to fiddle with elastic bands that the OZRLY seems to has (assuming I'm looking at the right one).

That's what I thought too but Super Mario Odyssey was $99.99 as well. I haven't looked at Amazon recently but Best Buy also lists Fire Emblem Warriors at $99.99 and that was announced earlier this year.

But yeah, it's mostly newly announced games.

krae_man

Light damage this year.

Only a few games I wanted went $50 and 20% off isn't really enough for me.

Only grabbed:

God of War
Detroit
Mario Odyssey
Crash
Uncharted: Lost Legacy
Knack II

And I still have Kingdom Hearts 3 and South Park Fractured But Whole from before.

And I have a PS Store preorder for Everybody's Golf.

Sony Sure does love releasing games at the same time. Knack, Everybody's Golf and Uncharted Lost Legacy all release within 2 weeks of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom