• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

i-Lo

Hey, is anyone else having trouble purchasing games/items off of PSN store atm? My account is connected to paypal and I have 3 games in my cart and I have been getting notification that there has been an error with my order and therefore could not be processed. This happened after I provided the password (an added security measure) prior to purchase. I have logged in and out to no avail.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
When do the E3 Amazon deals end? Until the end of the day?

Most likely. Most of the sales are already over. If you see something you want preorder it now to avoid regrets later

I've got to say, it's really annoying that Amazon doesn't mind making it take a full 5 business days for my Switch to get to me, even when I select 2-day Prime shipping and ordered on the 14th.

It'll be kinda funny having Zelda, a Case, and Screen Protectors without a Switch to use them with.

Stat!

Anything I'm missing to pre-order? I feel like maybe Mario X Rabbids I should pre-order and support something like that.

My list. Criticize, praise. I'll cancel most of these.

VGugpej.png

I've got to say, it's really annoying that Amazon doesn't mind making it take a full 5 business days for my Switch to get to me, even when I select 2-day Prime shipping and ordered on the 14th.

It'll be kinda funny having Zelda, a Case, and Screen Protectors without a Switch to use them with.

Same thing just happened with me. Ordered Pokemon Sun with 2 day delivery and expected date is 5 days away.

Ventara

Anything I'm missing to pre-order? I feel like maybe Mario X Rabbids I should pre-order and support something like that.

Not that you're "missing" it, but some other note-worthy titles that I feel are worth preorder are

Ys VIII
Ni no Kuni 2
Yakuza Kiwami
Shadow Tactics
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Stat!

Not that you're "missing" it, but some other note-worthy titles that I feel are worth preorder are

Ys VIII
Ni no Kuni 2
Yakuza Kiwami
Shadow Tactics
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Im not sure if those are titles are really for me. I forgot about Project Vein though but can't find it on amazon

Kyolux

Ys VIII
Ni no Kuni 2
Yakuza Kiwami
Shadow Tactics
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Shadow tactics is excellent. One of my favourite last year. Probably better off playing on pc though.

I'm hoping for some expansion or sequel.

CazTGG

Shame they never fixed Starlink, that was the one game I wanted to get an order in but couldn't due to my availability.

You would disgrace this thread with an EA Sports title? Begone with your support of yearly roster updates, knave!

Looks fine to me

I just remember the one time I did chat with them (I'm usually too lazy to complain) they said it wasn't guaranteed delivery. If I have some sort of proof or something, perhaps it would solidify my case.

Or would they have all that on their system? I think I'm going to start taking screenshots...

Did some looking and if you ordered it after they updated the game to release day shipping, your order confirmation email will show the guaranteed date.

Ventara

Im not sure if those are titles are really for me. I forgot about Project Vein though but can't find it on amazon

Code Vein?

Shadow tactics is excellent. One of my favourite last year. Probably better off playing on pc though.

I'm hoping for some expansion or sequel.

Yeah, at first I was planning to get it on PC considering the genre, but after watching developer gameplay and reviews from people who played with the controller, I'm willing to give it a shot on PS4, especially since I like physical copies.

Had a chance to go to Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga today and see the Mario Odyssey demos in action at the Nintendo kiosk. I got lucky and there were spots open to try the demo, it was a blast. I'm not sure if they're running it past today, but if they are and you get a chance, I'd highly recommend it.

Also managed to get some swag out of it as well. They were giving out the Mario Odyssey pins for anyone who demoed the game; and if you had preordered two of Mario, ARMS, or Splatoon 2 - they gave you a free challenge coin.

PAzq1I4.jpg

zroid

Banned
Had a chance to go to Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga today and see the Mario Odyssey demos in action at the Nintendo kiosk. I got lucky and there were spots open to try the demo, it was a blast. I'm not sure if they're running it past today, but if they are and you get a chance, I'd highly recommend it.

Also managed to get some swag out of it as well. They were giving out the Mario Odyssey pins for anyone who demoed the game; and if you had preordered two of Mario, ARMS, or Splatoon 2 - they gave you a free challenge coin.

PAzq1I4.jpg
awesome. wish I could go but it's just too far to justify the time and gas.

eyesradar

PAzq1I4.jpg

Man, seems you missed the ARMS pin. You get a pin if you try ARMS too.

PAzq1I4.jpg

There were free spots? I live right around the corner, I thought there was no chance in hell I'd get to play. Should I zip over?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Ditto. Why don't they bring that closer to the downtown core or even more places than Erin Mills of all places
It should be somewhere like Yorkdale since that's on the subway line and just off the 401. I can see why it's not though considering how much more expensive rent would be.

Stat!

You would disgrace this thread with an EA Sports title? Begone with your support of yearly roster updates, knave!
Looks fine to me

Im the worst. I need my NHL Fix
(and I know how little progress is made)

Probably why I couldn't find it...thank you!

PAzq1I4.jpg

This is sick! If it wasn't a 40 minute drive, I would have gone for sure!

eyesradar

There were free spots? I live right around the corner, I thought there was no chance in hell I'd get to play. Should I zip over?

You should. I live nearby too. Lined-up on Sunday for a spot on Tuesday. The guy after me didn't show up so I managed to play for a second time to try another level. I also popped in with my friend yesterday afternoon and he got to play as well.

Oh and it ends tonight by 9pm I believe so act fast!

etta

my hard graphic balls
So they brought my TV to a nearby post office, I'll have to pick it up tomorrow. But Amazon counts that as delivered and signed for by a Dave, lols.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
The weird thing is that the screen protectors I ordered after it on the same day are getting to me tomorrow. (Also 2-day 'Prime' shipping)

Should I contact CS about it?

My guess is they don't have any in stock and sold you one from the Arms restock. Im sure you'll have it by Monday or Tuesday just have some patience.

jholmes

It should be somewhere like Yorkdale since that's on the subway line and just off the 401. I can see why it's not though considering how much more expensive rent would be.

Back in 2013 they did a Lego City Undercover demo at Sherway. Then they kept doing stuff at the Mississauga Best Buys. It's like they're progressively working their way west.

SickBoy

Whoa. I'll buy the Nintendo Canada Twitter response about Mario Odyssey being placeholder, but it's notable that Walmart now has the game listed at $99.96 as well. :O

EDIT: Also, despite my hope that the E3 discount might apply as a real 20%, I just tested with Mario, and the post-discount price comes to $80 (20% off $100) rather than whatever 20% off the current price of $95-something would be.

Oh well, I kinda figured they would continue making it work that way, but realized that might be a good way to be sure (and thank you, Walmart). Just hope to be comforted soon by the return of the Prime discount :)

CazTGG

Hey, is anyone else having trouble purchasing games/items off of PSN store atm? My account is connected to paypal and I have 3 games in my cart and I have been getting notification that there has been an error with my order and therefore could not be processed. This happened after I provided the password (an added security measure) prior to purchase. I have logged in and out to no avail.

I haven't even been able to access the site, it keeps giving me an error whenever I try to access it.

Whoa. I'll buy the Nintendo Canada Twitter response about Mario Odyssey being placeholder, but it's notable that Walmart now has the game listed at $99.96 as well. :O

EDIT: Also, despite my hope that the E3 discount might apply as a real 20%, I just tested with Mario, and the post-discount price comes to $80 (20% off $100) rather than whatever 20% off the current price of $95-something would be.

Oh well, I kinda figured they would continue making it work that way, but realized that might be a good way to be sure (and thank you, Walmart).

I mean, if Nintendo Canada is the one setting the placeholder price, it would make sense that every retailer would have that same placeholder price. I don't think the Walmart change necessarily means anything.

Thanks jot & eyesradar for the info, I owe you guys! I just went over and got to play both levels since no one was there. Really enjoyed the sand kingdom, tons of cool ideas in the short amount of time I played.

SickBoy

It's a placeholder. A 99.99 game would mean that our $ is 60 cents vs USD.

Yes, and as I noted, I accept that explanation for now. But I was just surprised to see it after Walmart was offering it at $50 this week.

I'm pretty sure it'll change.... I just don't like the idea that (it seems, as chrominance says) Nintendo is setting this as their placeholder price, given that -- at least digitally they've been one of the worse marketplaces in terms of giving Canadians a favourable exchange rate.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yes, and as I noted, I accept that explanation for now. But I was just surprised to see it after Walmart was offering it at $50 this week.

I'm pretty sure it'll change.... I just don't like the idea that (it seems, as chrominance says) Nintendo is setting this as their placeholder price, given that -- at least digitally they've been one of the worse marketplaces in terms of giving Canadians a favourable exchange rate.
One of the worst? There's another one close to them?

Oh well, I kinda figured they would continue making it work that way, but realized that might be a good way to be sure (and thank you, Walmart). Just hope to be comforted soon by the return of the Prime discount :)

what nintendo canada twitter response?

big_z

looks like the amazon e3 sale is over. im surprised they took it down early.... I didn't even get a chance to order, was going to tonight when I get home. oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom