• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Well boys, it's been quite a ride, I salute you all. Kudos to all who participated in convo daily, this was my go to E3 thread.

It was an eventful E3 to say the least. MVP is definitely Wal-Mart who brought the heat. Amazon deserves some kudos for price matching but I would be lying if I said they didn't lose some luster this year for not being quick and not matching some games.

My haul:

Amazon Glitch, double discount - $50.39
ARMS
Splatoon 2
FF7
Lego Marvel 2

Amazon - $50 Price Match
Spider-Man
Death Stranding
God Of War
Days Gone
Detroit: Become Human
Call of Duty: WW2
NBA 2K18: Switch
Battlefront 2

Wal-Mart - $50
Super Mario Odyssey
NHL 18

Wal-Mart - $30
Crash Bandicoot

JDH

We've got like, 10,000 posts to go until it's time for the next thread.

I've pretty much got the Nintendo lineup for $50 into next year except Pokken (and I'm hoping to review that) + NBA. Not bad. Might go in tomorrow and finish off the Atlus stuff, etc.

How on earth did you get Kirby, Yoshi and Metroid 4 for $50?!

Shaanyboi

Banned
I had Amazon pre-orders on Mario, Splatoon, and Xenoblade since their original unveils. They're all listed as $70 on my account, probably from Prime savings. The remaining Nintendo games I wanted are also coming in lower thanks to my Prime discount. No idea what the fuck happened to them with that $100 bullshit. Also managed to get a handful of PS4 games at $50.

And for whatever reason, the 2DS XL was marked down to $180 so I nabbed that.

My ARMS still hasn't shipped. I don't care about getting it on release since I don't have a Switch yet I just wanna confirm they will honor the double stack so I can cancel some of my older pre-orders.

JDH

My ARMS still hasn't shipped. I don't care about getting it on release since I don't have a Switch yet I just wanna confirm they will honor the double stack so I can cancel some of my older pre-orders.

Check if they charged your card. If so, chances are pretty good.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I preordered everything. Even stuff like CoD and Destiny 2 which I have no intetest in.

Im not gonna post a list because lets face it, who cares?

Ventara

Is today the last day for Amazon E3 discounts? Debating whether I should put in a mass order for everything else that I haven't ordered yet that I have a minuscule interest in the off chance it might get a discount to something crazy like XCX.

Does Rime (Switch) count towards the 2%0 off on Best Buy?

Yes, all their games do (except LE stuff?).

Cilidra

Skyrim VR (PS4) is now up on Bestbuy site for pre-order. I was able to use the 20% code for it. It's not on Amazon or Walmart (so far).

Is today the last day for Amazon E3 discounts? Debating whether I should put in a mass order for everything else that I haven't ordered yet that I have a minuscule interest in the off chance it might get a discount to something crazy like XCX.

Today is the last day, I think. I'm seeing some of the prices go back to $79.99 for some that were part of the deal.

Ventara

Today is the last day, I think. I'm seeing some of the prices go back to $79.99 for some that were part of the deal.

Yeah, thought it might be. Saw GT Sport go up to $73. Went ahead and made a mass preorder of everything, though they'll all most likely be canceled.

$54.23 for ARMS. Already a good day.

But...

DCXvEhxXcAAPwCD.jpg

Sora_N

I preordered a few things from Best Buy's site, anyone know how they adjust for the price changes?

I know Amazon has been getting rid of the 20% discount when the price drops below (my old Spider-man and Death Stranding orders from last year lost the additional discount).

Ventara

Put in an order for Superstar Saga on BB, and with that, I'm done with E3 deals. Shame Metroid: Samus Returns SE or Yakuza 6 never went up.

I literally took a hit on this game just for those sleeves. I can't resist...

I want to see a pic of someone wearing it on their legs.

I preordered a few things from Best Buy's site, anyone know how they adjust for the price changes?

I know Amazon has been getting rid of the 20% discount when the price drops below (my old Spider-man and Death Stranding orders from last year lost the additional discount).

Discount will scale, so you'll keep 20% discount whatever the MSRP ends up being.

Sora_N

Put in an order for Superstar Saga on BB, and with that, I'm done with E3 deals. Shame Metroid: Samus Returns SE or Yakuza 6 never went up.

I want to see a pic of someone wearing it on their legs.

Discount will scale, so you'll keep 20% discount whatever the MSRP ends up being.

Thanks, I got Mario&Luigi too, gonna preorder Pokken in case.

Haines

Banned
How did crash go on sale for 30?

I got it on amazon, which i assume matched walmart. But im not surr why they put it so cheap.

Should I go for that "Reload $100 onto a Gift Card, get $5" deal Amazon is advertising?

How quickly would I get the combined amount in my account? Any setbacks? (Want to order BotW + Switch Case in the next hour.)

yea we do
and we all will secretly criticize you for your choices

Speak for yourself. I've instead been secretly breathing sighs of relief whenever I see someone whose list is bigger than mine. I can't possibly have a problem if others are even worse than I am, right?

My name is chrominance and it's been 18 hours since my last pre-order.

Should I go for that "Reload $100 onto a Gift Card, get $5" deal Amazon is advertising?

How quickly would I get the combined amount in my account? Any setbacks? (Want to order BotW + Switch Case in the next hour.)

I think you get the $5 discount immediately, since you'd also get the gift card balance immediately. At least, that's how I remembered it, it was a month ago for me.

Alright, here's my list

Assuming there's no change in price and I don't get anything cancelled on me, I will cancel/return everything with Cancel/Ehh beside it, as well as most of the Maybes.

Super Lucky's Tale is the only X1 game I have pre-ordered too lol, hopefully it turns out good.

a916

I pre-ordered Mario/Metroid Prime 4 along with Uncharted, Red Dead Redemption 2, and GT Sport.

I probably will cancel Mario because $100 is a bit too much.

I had a few titles like GOW/Days Gone/Spider-Man ordered from last year.

ohlawd

Most of us don't have Senran Kagura Peach Beach Whatever on our lists so your "shit taste" list must be pretty big.

I'm not buying that game tho :x

but most people do fall in the shit taste category and no lol, it seriously isn't because of fanservice games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom