• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haines

Banned
What is the deal with switch games being $100? This is insane.

I have them preordered just incase but if they are really going up in price I can see game sales dropping like a rock.

Wal-Mart really saved this e3 huh.

Kind of still shocked at getting things like odysee and splatoon 2 for 50 bucks.

Locking in things like spidey and God of war at 50 is nice as well.

CazTGG

Got my list put together with some calculations. I might cancel more but with the Smach-Z coming out later this year, coupled with the high price of Rocket League on the Switch, I don't know if i'll hold onto that one specifically.

AgwmXqK.png

Doesn't look like Pokemon Sun/Moon are coming to Switch so I'm just gonna buy Sun off amazon while its on sale. I'll probably just buy Ultra Sun/Moon on 3DS since Black/White 2 came out late in the DS life span too and didn't come to 3DS, gonna bank on this being a repeat.

Ventara

Has anyone's ARMS order from Best Buy ship? I'm relatively confident Amazon will leave double discounts as-is, but I'm wondering about Best Buy. Could be that ARMS released before they could correct anything.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
More importantly, can someone please post impressions of those ARMS sleeves?

Has anyone's ARMS order from Best Buy ship? I'm relatively confident Amazon will leave double discounts as-is, but I'm wondering about Best Buy. Could be that ARMS released before they could correct anything.

My best buy order for double discount arms has it saying I've been charged. Not yet shipped though.

And one of my Amazon double discount just shipped for delivery on Monday

Ventara

My best buy order for double discount arms has it saying I've been charged. Not yet shipped though.

And one of my Amazon double discount just shipped for delivery on Monday

Nice. Guess it's safe to say Best Buy isn't gonna do anything about ARMS. Hoping Ever Oasis gets through, but that's another week, so unlikely.

More importantly, can someone please post impressions of those ARMS sleeves?

Asking the real questions here.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
No :(

Anyways, was googling to see if anyone had posted a pictures of themselves with the ARMS sleeves, and apparently compression sleeves are a real thing.

Thought it was just a weird ARMS preorder thing.

I see them at the gym often enough but usually its Jordans or Underarmour.

nath999

What the heck I put a bunch of games in my cart at work and came home to checkout and now they are all showing as $79.99 instead of $49

Ventara

I see them at the gym often enough but usually its Jordans or Underarmour.

Yeah, I've seen knee/calf/heel sleeves, but never arm sleeves, though I guess it's hard to tell when someone is wearing a shirt.

What the heck I put a bunch of games in my cart at work and came home to checkout and now they are all showing as $79.99 instead of $49

Yeah, Walmart ended it's $50 sales and I guess Amazon decided to follow suit.

Stage On

Walmart's promotion ended so Amazon stopped price matching them. You gotta act decisively on these sort of things when you have the shot or you end up missing out

Bronetta

Preorder Now, Think Later folks#

Not think now, preorder later.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Did we ever get a pre-order on the Metroid special edition?
No. Want to feel really depressed? Look at what the UK SE will have. We only get the CD.

UK Metroid 2 SE said:
While supplies last, fans will also be able to purchase a special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns which includes a physical version of the game, a download code for the original Game Boy game Metroid II: Return of Samus to be redeemed in Nintendo eShop, a SteelBook®, a sound-selection CD featuring 25 tracks from across the Metroid franchise, a gold “S” pin badge, a Morph Ball 3D keyring and a 40-page artbook.

Bronetta

No. Want to feel really depressed? Look at what the UK SE will have. We only get the CD.

Fuck its like Bayonetta 2 all over again. Europe getting the good shit.

Bayonetta2FirstPrintEdition.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Fuck its like Bayonetta 2 all over again. Europe getting the good shit.
Mario also comes with the new hat from the Nintendo UK store.

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-switch-game/super-mario-odyssey-cappy-hat/11489899.html

I made that mistake with NHL 16 :(
now im paying 79.99 + 20% off >.<
stupid me and finding another game to order for free shipping
That's why I posted multiple times in the thread to ship to your nearest CP outlet for free.

JDH

Besides taking a screenshot when you order, is there a way to check if I was supposed to have Release day delivery via Amazon.ca?

My ARMS just shipped today even though it said it was going to ship yesterday and quite delivery fro the 16th, and now says delivery for the 19th :/

I'm not one to complain but now can't play until next weekend!

I wish we'd at least get a date/time for those Amiibo Pre-Orders I bloody hate having to spam F5 for weeks on end since if you miss it that's the end of ever getting them &#128557;

Besides taking a screenshot when you order, is there a way to check if I was supposed to have Release day delivery via Amazon.ca?

My ARMS just shipped today even though it said it was going to ship yesterday and quite delivery fro the 16th, and now says delivery for the 19th :/

I'm not one to complain but now can't play until next weekend!

I got the same except for Tuesday. Guess I was naive thinking Amazon would have this shit sorted by now.

ARMS most certainly was Release day delivery though.

Time to get on chat!

JDH

I got the same except for Tuesday. Guess I was naive thinking Amazon would have this shit sorted by now.

ARMS most certainly was Release day delivery though.

Time to get on chat!

I just remember the one time I did chat with them (I'm usually too lazy to complain) they said it wasn't guaranteed delivery. If I have some sort of proof or something, perhaps it would solidify my case.

Or would they have all that on their system? I think I'm going to start taking screenshots...

I just remember the one time I did chat with them (I'm usually too lazy to complain) they said it wasn't guaranteed delivery. If I have some sort of proof or something, perhaps it would solidify my case.

Or would they have all that on their system? I think I'm going to start taking screenshots...

Well up until ARMS now, the recent Nintendo releases haven't been release day eligible, but they did put it up for this game. If you complained for another Nintendo game recently, they probably were right about it not being guaranteed.

Sora_N

The EB games $15 deal isn't bad if you have extra junk to get rid of.

Thinking of getting rid of Assassin's Creed Unity since I paid $10, it's like getting paid $5 to trade it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom