• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

KraytarJ

I'm not seeing this news anywhere, not even RFD.
Because it's not true. It just disappears from some things for whatever reason. When I was looking at Crash more than a week after it came out the discount was there and the promotion was listed as 2 weeks. It's still a thing.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Because it's not true. It just disappears from some things for whatever reason. When I was looking at Crash more than a week after it came out the discount was there and the promotion was listed as 2 weeks. It's still a thing.
They removed the wording from the site. Does that mean it'll be removed from all games on launch day? Of course not because Amazon's site is broken and inconsistent. There were already games that the discount lasted more than a month after release.

Looking to sell a few Ganecube games. Anyone know a decent place in the GTA that will offer a fair price? I get I could make more sell them myself, but that’s too much work, IMO.

My Splatoon 2 order with Amazon is scheduled for the 26-28, but it now says shipping today. So if anyone has the same delivery date check your Amazon order.

My, my, look at all these Switches in stock. And on the same day Splatoon 2 launches, what a coincidence! I can't believe people accuse Nintendo of artificial shortages.

leeman

My, my, look at all these Switches in stock. And on the same day Splatoon 2 launches, what a coincidence! I can't believe people accuse Nintendo of artificial shortages.

Nintendo has released a big restock with every major Switch release. I expect they will continue to do so until the holidays and I also expect they will probably continue to sell out (eventually). However, every time it goes up, the stock lasts longer and longer, so it's catching :).

teeg

Looking to sell a few Ganecube games. Anyone know a decent place in the GTA that will offer a fair price? I get I could make more sell them myself, but that’s too much work, IMO.

I'd as well be interested in a list of what you have as well. Still a few Gamecube titles I want to add to the collection.

Please list what you have to sell.

These are all good condition (cases, manuals, etc).

- Metal Gear: Twin Snakes
- Metroid Prime 1 and 2
- Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii) steelbook / sleeve
- Zelda Wind Waker and Twilight Princess
- resident evil 0 and 1
- Paper Mario
- Super Smash Bros Melee
- Super Monkey Ball 2
- Wario Ware
- Harvest Moon: Magical Melody

I also have the Halo 3 Master Chief Head edition with box
And Halo Reach statue edition (with box, statue was never used or taken out of the packaging)

- Metroid Prime 1 and 2
- resident evil 1 and 2
- Paper Mario
- Super Smash Bros Melee
- Super Monkey Ball 2
- Wario Ware

And Halo Reach statue edition (with box, statue was never used or taken out of the packaging)

uhhh how much for paper mario? lol

ohlawd

whew stupidity at full force

dudes can't produce the system at a consistent rate. why wouldn't you hold stock back when major games are released

Ugh Canada Post came way earlier than usual today and just left a slip. I should be able to pick up the stuff this evening from the post office right?

- Metroid Prime 1 and 2
- resident evil 0 and 1
- Paper Mario
- Super Smash Bros Melee
- Super Monkey Ball 2
- Wario Ware

https://www.pricecharting.com/console/gamecube has the total value around $250 US.

As I said above, all original versions.

That said, that 250 is if I sell privately, yes? If I take it to a place, I'd get like 150?

depends on the place really. if you have the patience, you can always go to multiple places and see what they offer you. I assume you're not in any real rush to sell these?

also, am i reading that right for paper mario on price charting? $35 on avg for a complete version? that seems cheaper (ie: more affordable) than I thought it would go for

are these us or cdn prices? lol

killroy87

As I said above, all original versions.

That said, that 250 is if I sell privately, yes? If I take it to a place, I'd get like 150?

If you bring it to a place you'll be dealing with however fair that place decides to be. We have no way of knowing what they'll offer. But you have some high quality stuff in there, so don't just accept nothing in effort to get rid of it.

depends on the place really. if you have the patience, you can always go to multiple places and see what they offer you. I assume you're not in any real rush to sell these?

also, am i reading that right for paper mario on price charting? $35 on avg for a complete version? that seems cheaper (ie: more affordable) than I thought it would go for

are these us or cdn prices? lol

There's a Buy it Now on ebay for $43 CAD. It's not the hardest game to find.

You're agreeing with me and calling me stupid at the same time. Good job.

I mean, your point is pretty bad. You're acting like they're cheating people as a marketing strategy when it's fully known that they're held back by component shortages. Building up stock to have the console available when a big new release hits isn't some kind of dirty move.

If you bring it to a place you'll be dealing with however fair that place decides to be. We have no way of knowing what they'll offer. But you have some high quality stuff in there, so don't just accept nothing in effort to get rid of it.

That’s fair and good advice. Mostly it’s a case of me being older and not feeling the need to hold on to these games anymore. Has anyone on here tired Let Go for selling games?

killroy87

That’s fair and good advice. Mostly it’s a case of me being older and not feeling the need to hold on to these games anymore. Has anyone on here tired Let Go for selling games?

I'm half interested in making a bulk offer, but I'm really trying to cut back on buying stuff just for the sake of collecting. I won't actually play any of these.

Never heard of them myself. Let us know what you decide to do with the games. I thought Paper mario was some crazily expensive title this whole time, but since its not too badly priced, I can wait to see what you ultimately decide upon doing.

I mean, your point is pretty bad. You're acting like they're cheating people as a marketing strategy when it's fully known that they're held back by component shortages. Building up stock to have the console available when a big new release hits isn't some kind of dirty move.

How is holding back stock for a big release not a marketing strategy? 🤔

I know a lot of people have bad experiences.

But I sell quite a bit on kijiji. Just state your aren't looking for bulk deals and ignore profit buyers. Eventually people offer close to eBay prices.

Ottawa area*

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
20170721_132306tclei.jpg

Ready to sip on dat Splaturrp.

zroid

Banned
How is holding back stock for a big release not a marketing strategy? 🤔
come on man. get a grip. having more supply available when demand is at its highest is something everyone does in every industry. the difference with the switch is there is less supply overall so correspondingly fewer units are available in between these high demand periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom