• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
Out of curiosity, does anyone else from the Ottawa area buy/sell via kijiji on a regular basis?

I've sold a couple of things on there over the past few years (PS4, furniture, appliances, etc.), and got a kitten off there a few months back. It's been decent enough, outside of a $20 less PS4 sale. Just expect some trolling here and there, Ottawa seems to like to troll sometimes.

Dazzler

I've sold a couple of things on there over the past few years (PS4, furniture, appliances, etc.), and got a kitten off there a few months back. It's been decent enough, outside of a $20 less PS4 sale. Just expect some trolling here and there, Ottawa seems to like to troll sometimes.

Craigslist in Vancouver is a wasteland of low ballers and time wasters

And literally everyone who lists something that's not brand new uses the same "played it once", or "used it for five minutes" verbiage

AtlasJQ

Neo Member
For those who ordered the A40 + Mixamp deal from Amazon for Prime day, I too received them with just the A40s. I got on with their chat and complained a bit. They first offered a $60 partial refund which I almost took but then they said they'll reship the item and "it will be complete this time and if it is not we will help you with a full refund." Now I know the item will just be the A40s again, but I'll go through the motions and when they come I'll see if they come through with a full refund or not.

YMMV of course but I know a few folks here bought this for the combo deal and it sucks that they didnt ship both.

kevin1025

Banned

And literally everyone who lists something that's not brand new uses the same "played it once", or "used it for five minutes" verbiage

Haha, that's awful. The worst one for me will always be a guy offering me $5 for the PS4, and when I responded "no", he then kept sending me, "okay, $6"; "would you take $10?" And so on for the entire day, and then declared that I'm "no fun" because I didn't play along. Either the guy wanted a new friend or had a lot of time on his hands.

killroy87

Haha, that's awful. The worst one for me will always be a guy offering me $5 for the PS4, and when I responded "no", he then kept sending me, "okay, $6"; "would you take $10?" And so on for the entire day, and then declared that I'm "no fun" because I didn't play along. Either the guy wanted a new friend or had a lot of time on his hands.
I just wouldn't have responded to the $5 request lol. You brought that on yourself :p

Ventara

Got my Splatoon 2 today, along with some Amiibos. honestly, not sure if I want to keep the Amiibos. They were a spur of the moment thing since I had picked up 2 Link Amiibos for BotW not too long before that.

Omzz

Looks like US preorders are about to start soon for snes classics? Best buy sent out an email about to look for an email notification on when thr item is available

Blam

I'm beyond pissed at Amazon. I had one "suspicious/unverifiable" purchase, and they couldn't check my billing details (Could have called me, but didn't.), and they cancelled literally all of my open orders globally. Including my fucking SNES Classic preorder (co.uk), and my primeday glitched anime orders.

God damn't Amazon can't you do a single thing right? Why the fuck would a purchase from nearly a month ago matter to your "suspicious" purchase that was related to the purchase just right before it.

I don't understand how they could do something so assbackwards. Doesn't help that I emailed them 5 times, and talked with 2 reps, before getting my account back by just tweeting at them. Missed a Switch as well during all of it.

Now I'll have to go through the same fucking thing just to maybe get my orders back.

Update to this. Still no responses from .com or .ca, but co.uk is consistently just telling me that it's OOS when this wouldn't matter or not since my preorder wasn't taken by anyone else just cancelled. So I gotta get them cleared up. But I've got a feeling .co.uk, and .com/ca know they fucked up so they won't respond to me at all/

I don't use it often but I've had a lot of success on craigslist in the Fraser Valley this year. Got my theatre seating for a steal of a price and sold a couple new games I had extra copies of with no issues. Only one bad experience, although that did lead to me giving up on buying a Vita I suppose...

Update to this. Still no responses from .com or .ca, but co.uk is consistently just telling me that it's OOS when this wouldn't matter or not since my preorder wasn't taken by anyone else just cancelled. So I gotta get them cleared up. But I've got a feeling .co.uk, and .com/ca know they fucked up so they won't respond to me at all/

Your SNES Classic has been cancelled and is now OOS so forget about it, they won't reinstate your order.

If your anime stuff is still in stock then you should be able to get them to give you the price you had on your canceled order.

Emails are pointless so chat with a few CSR's or even call them.

shira

Grey was up for like 4 hours
dizzy.gif

All gone

Emails are pointless so chat with a few CSR's or even call them.
Yeah over email they'll just respond with a standard email that probably doesn't apply to what you asked.

I've always had success calling, it forces a specific and real person to actually think about your problem and try to solve it while you wait.

Sealtest

I don't understand Best Buy. They were able to get me my single Bayonetta P2 today but my package of Bayonetta P1 and splatoon amiibos are scheduled for monday.

Mathematics

Neo Member
Dog shit packaging on the Amazon amiibos. Boxes are bent. Both corrins really bad. They fully bubble wrapped Cloud and Bayo. But still not that good. Amazon really failed this time

Iced

Splatoon arrived today, as well as the amiibos. I'm impressed, Walmart!

Mine has been "in transit" to my post office since 6am this morning. It's now 6pm. Ugh. I have a feeling it's not arriving until Monday.

Edit: Went to the post office anyway and it was there. Must have missed a scan somewhere.

Caved and bought an Xbox One S today from EB (just for Forza). EB has a silly promotion going right now: with the purchase of any Xbox One you get a 4K copy of Fast 8 and a brand new Xbox One controller (the official Microsoft one, not some off brand). Not bad for 349 (and tax)

zroid

Banned
Dog shit packaging on the Amazon amiibos. Boxes are bent. Both corrins really bad. They fully bubble wrapped Cloud and Bayo. But still not that good. Amazon really failed this time
they bent my Rider Link back in March too. it's bull crap

also reminds me I should talk to CS and try to make them put a note on the order not to damage the packaging. mine won't be shipped till next week so I have time...

hope they actually listen tho

Jamaal23

Neo Member
Did anyone receive the Cloud P2 amiibo from EB Games? What item number does it have on the receipt or in your order/shipment emails? Did it call out P2 version in the receipt or order/shipment emails?

I could have sworn I pre-ordered the exclusive version, but I received Cloud P1 amiibo. The item number on this version is 731349.

Indelible

Did anyone receive the Cloud P2 amiibo from EB Games? What item number does it have on the receipt or in your order/shipment emails? Did it call out P2 version in the receipt or order/shipment emails?

I could have sworn I pre-ordered the exclusive version, but I received Cloud P1 amiibo. The item number on this version is 731349.

My receipt says 731353 for the item number and it says Player 2 as well but I pre-ordered in store.

Corey31

Going through my unused codes on Humble. All these are for Steam:

Volgarr the Viking -
Westerado: Double Barreled -
Outlast -
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -
Doodle God -

Quote to reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom