• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
I'm not going to stay up all night waiting for a pre-order link I'm not going to stay up all night waiting for a pre-order link I'm not going to stay up all night waiting for a pre-order link I'm not going to stay up all night waiting for a pre-order link I'm not going to stay up all night waiting for a pre-order link I'm not going to stay up all night waiting for a pre-order link I'm not going to stay

I'm not going to stay up all night waiting for a pre-order link I'm not going to stay up all night waiting for a pre-order link I'm not going to stay up all night waiting for a pre-order link I'm not going to stay up all night waiting for a pre-order link I'm not going to stay up all night waiting for a pre-order link I'm not going to stay up all night waiting for a pre-order link I'm not going to stay

I have to be up in less than 6 hours for work.

I have to stay up waiting for a pre-order link

Blam

Yeah over email they'll just respond with a standard email that probably doesn't apply to what you asked.

I've always had success calling, it forces a specific and real person to actually think about your problem and try to solve it while you wait.

Your SNES Classic has been cancelled and is now OOS so forget about it, they won't reinstate your order.

If your anime stuff is still in stock then you should be able to get them to give you the price you had on your canceled order.

Emails are pointless so chat with a few CSR's or even call them.

Will do I'll try to get them talking today or tomorrow since it's late af.

Haines

Banned
Damn near died paying 90 bucks for splatoon 2 at walmart

Til i remember i had my 50 dollar version still coming in the mail.

Jesus full price games are overpriced as hell

Damn near died paying 90 bucks for splatoon 2 at walmart

Til i remember i had my 50 dollar version still coming in the mail.

Jesus full price games are overpriced as hell
This is why I decided to keep Prime. $71 is a bit easier to swallow, and with Amazon Student only being $39/year, I end up saving what I paid after buying only three games. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Blam

Will do I'll try to get them talking today or tomorrow since it's late af.

Another Juicy update.

Haha the CSR at Amazon just lied straight to my face. They told me that they don't even have the emails of these orders, and they don't even show up in their systems.

9fakZZa.png

It's right infront of me what do you mean they "don't exist". They even had the audacity to tell me about my Sonic Mania, and my Sea of Thieves purchase which they also had cancelled on the same day.

Someone at Amazon has it out for me I'm not gonna give up on this.

e: Pretty sure they just recently flagged my account to not help me with any orders or purchases since I asked the chat rep and they immediately just told me that they couldn't help me. Then proceeded to give me the good old copy and paste message but did it 2 times instead of one .

I'm so sorry, but we can't offer any additional insight or action on this matter. Is there anything else I can help you with?I'm so sorry, but we can't offer any additional insight or action on this matter. Is there anything else I can help you with?

I'm fucking astonished how Amazon handled this entire situation.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I was at a friends wedding turnt to the max last night. Managed to get to work this morning after 3 hours of sleep.

Looks like people were expecting SNES Classic preorders to go up last night? Glad I didnt miss anything.

N° 2048

I was at a friends wedding turnt to the max last night. Managed to get to work this morning after 3 hours of sleep.

Looks like people were expecting SNES Classic preorders to go up last night? Glad I didnt miss anything.

I think they went up in the states for a bit.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I drank some iced tea from my Splatoon cup, and called it "green tea", so my life is pretty much complete

pop 2 cups of splaturple just to warm up

etta

my hard graphic balls
I got 3 of these cubes from Ikea, how should I mount them on the wall? A vertical line, or do an “L” shape? If so, which way?
Fgured I would put my games and maybe controllers in there.

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/categories/series/37556/

I’m actually renovating the whole room, painting 3 walls deep sea blue and the 4th wall, where the TV and desk are attached to, a lunar grey. So I got these cubes as two in dark blue and one in grey. I got the desk in dark blue/dark grey/black, and I am looking for a coffee table to put under the TV and have the consoles and router/modem on there, something like this:
lack-console-table-brown__0452488_PE601442_S4.JPG

jholmes

I got 3 of these cubes from Ikea, how should I mount them on the wall? A vertical line, or do an “L” shape? If so, which way?
Fgured I would put my games and maybe controllers in there.

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/categories/series/37556/

I’m actually renovating the whole room, painting 3 walls deep sea blue and the 4th wall, where the TV and desk are attached to, a lunar grey. So I got these cubes as two in dark blue and one in grey. I got the desk in dark blue/dark grey/black, and I am looking for a coffee table to put under the TV and have the consoles and router/modem on there, something like this:
lack-console-table-brown__0452488_PE601442_S4.JPG

I have two cubes like that from Ikea, lined up diagonally, one northwest and the other southeast. Looks good and they're great for storing games. Lining them up clean took a little effort but nothing too tough.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I have two cubes like that from Ikea, lined up diagonally, one northwest and the other southeast. Looks good and they're great for storing games. Lining them up clean took a little effort but nothing too tough.
Oh hmmm, I could do two vertical or horizontal, and the last one diagonally adjacent to one of them hmmmmmm.

Bronetta

For your Splaturp lovers, I noticed if you put the cup in a freezer it colours up within a minute or two.

Another Juicy update.

Haha the CSR at Amazon just lied straight to my face. They told me that they don't even have the emails of these orders, and they don't even show up in their systems.

9fakZZa.png

It's right infront of me what do you mean they "don't exist". They even had the audacity to tell me about my Sonic Mania, and my Sea of Thieves purchase which they also had cancelled on the same day.

Someone at Amazon has it out for me I'm not gonna give up on this.

e: Pretty sure they just recently flagged my account to not help me with any orders or purchases since I asked the chat rep and they immediately just told me that they couldn't help me. Then proceeded to give me the good old copy and paste message but did it 2 times instead of one .

I'm fucking astonished how Amazon handled this entire situation.

I think it may be time to see if you can talk to someone in some sort of media position about this. Pretending your previous conversations don't exist is pretty big. Hopefully you have those email transcripts.

Bronetta

I think it may be time to see if you can talk to someone in some sort of media position about this. Pretending your previous conversations don't exist is pretty big. Hopefully you have those email transcripts.

I haven't really been paying attention but why did all his amazon orders/account get shut down?

Xbudz

I ended up buying Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2 through Walmart when they were $49.

Now that Walmart has screwed me on Splatoon 2 shipping I'm 100% doing the return trick for Mario. I certainly won't be waiting a week to play that!

Ugh.

Mr.Towel

How easy is it to return games to amazon? I ordered a copy of Mafia 3 on sale but I found a cheaper used copy at a local place and now it's too late to cancel my order.

Blam

I haven't really been paying attention but why did all his amazon orders/account get shut down?

Because I went and bought an SD Card for a Tablet. They deemed the action suspicious so they locked me out of my account and didn't email me or even call me to verify it. I had to tweet at them to get it unlocked after 10 days.

Yeah I mean I'd love to it's not that my past conversations are getting ignored it's that they are completely ignoring these cancelled purchases on my account. It's clear that they are doing this because when I was on the phone with Amazon I was talking about my orders and they saw the one above all those anime orders, and the ones under my anime orders but not the anime orders themselves. Since it "doesn't exist". Which is a load of bullshit.

Don't know who I'd even contact.

e: That chat rep I had talked to also told me that me showing them proof of the orders not existing was not an option which didn't make any fucking sense at all.

Clive

Is there even any good page for the exact details of Amazon Prime video game discounts? I was looking for it when I couldn't see any discount for my Sine Mora EX pre-order and that one comes out in three weeks or so now. The game is just $20 and that's the US price too but four bucks is four bucks and that's why I keep paying for Prime. Which video game pre-orders are eligible?

iLLmAtlc

Damn guys Nioh is a long ass game. Can anyone tell me how much longer I have left:

in this battlefield between red and blue team. Just beat a guy with wings and two swords and now I'm facing this Shogun HP sponge with a spear.

I'm like 20 levels below recommended because I'm ignoring all those side missions. It's really not so bad playing like this tho.

ohlawd

I ended up buying Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2 through Walmart when they were $49.

Now that Walmart has screwed me on Splatoon 2 shipping I'm 100% doing the return trick for Mario. I certainly won't be waiting a week to play that!

Ugh.
bruh. WM screwed you by delivering Splatoon 2 a week late? that sounds like non-Prime which is shitty shipping but expected

BB and EB are the only places who don't screw you over even when choosing the cheapest shipping, they'll either have shit delivered on release date or a day after.

and the ever popular return trick where you still give your money to the company that "screwed" you over. gotta save dem bucks I guess

i-Jest

How easy is it to return games to amazon? I ordered a copy of Mafia 3 on sale but I found a cheaper used copy at a local place and now it's too late to cancel my order.

Tell CSR you wanted to cancel but we're to late. They'll send you a shipping label via email. Print it out and tape it to the amazon package. You can send it back to Amazon via Canada post but they might charge you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom