• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
New page!

SNES Classic Recap:
-No pre-orders in store in Quebec and no online with Best Buy due to some games not having French language, get your Amazon-prime accounts ready Francophones!
-Bestbuy.ca / Amazon.ca have NOT gone live with pre-orders yet
-Bestbuy.ca preorders go live at 10am pacific.
-EB Games may or may not have pre-orders in store at 1pm. Not clear if that's local time or Eastern.
-Likely Prime only on Amazon (unconfirmed). Pre-order page here.
-You might be able to cheat the Best Buy system with this legendary post from SpiceOrange.

I'll keep editing/updating this till at least 10am PT.

Still salty there's no Chrono Trigger :(

Yeah I would swap Secret of Mana for Chrono Trigger in a heartbeat.

I have a meeting at 1pm. Who wants to bet that's when the preorders go live on Amazon?

Hey new page. To recap...

-No pre-orders in store in Quebec and no online with Best Buy due to some games not having French language, get your Amazon-prime accounts ready Francophones!
-EB Games may or may not have pre-orders in store at 1pm. Not clear if that's local time or Eastern.

Great post. Thank you

New page!

SNES Classic Recap:

No, they are both top 5 SNES games to me, I want them both

Megasoum

Banned
New page!

SNES Classic Recap:

We can't even get Prime trial in Quebec

Megasoum

Banned
From the site:

After your free trial, Amazon Prime is just CDN$ 79.00/year (plus any applicable taxes).
Cancel anytime. *Quebec residents receive an initial 13-month membership for CDN$ 79.00, instead of a free trial.

KJA

I'm standing by an EB GAMES right now. I'm not going to take my chances and losing my opportunity like the NES.

MrHectarPeabody

Neo Member
From the site:

After your free trial, Amazon Prime is just CDN$ 79.00/year (plus any applicable taxes).
Cancel anytime. *Quebec residents receive an initial 13-month membership for CDN$ 79.00, instead of a free trial.

Do you happen to have a student email? Not that it's as good as free, but the Prime deal for students is a 6 month trial. Being in Quebec it's the same logic used (6 months added to 12 for 18 months of coverage for 1 year paid), but it's only $39 instead of $79.

Link.

Megasoum

Banned
Do you happen to have a student email? Not that it's as good as free, but the Prime deal for students is a 6 month trial. Being in Quebec it's the same logic used (6 months added to 12 for 18 months of coverage for 1 year paid), but it's only $39 instead of $79.

Link.

So I reread the fine print and it is a trial even in Quebec... It's just worded very weirdly... I still need to make sure to cancel before the 30 days

shira

K8lfnk2.gif

facepalm.gif

UberTag

I picked the wrong day to not be in front of a Windows PC. There's no inspect button option in this Apple Safari browser. Boo-urns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom