• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to say, but my best guess is just get there for 1. I have a hard time imagining most people can drive to an EB games on a Tuesday afternoon.

Seems kind of pointless to go to an Eb in store where they're going to have like so few systems. Better chances hitting F5 buying online.

AtlasJQ

Neo Member
I've called my local EB in NL and they say they have no information and aren't taking anything today. I don't know if they're full of it or not.

Ecksby

Neo Member
Seems kind of pointless to go to an Eb in store where they're going to have like so few systems. Better chances hitting F5 buying online.

Agreed. I'm planning to be the sad individual with his phone bridged to his tablet in the car outside EB just in case.

I should really pay rent...

I dont even know if there are many EB's downtown Toronto. I am not walking all the way to the Eaton's Centre as my office is near Union. I will stick with online.

Kiro

Im at family today but can get to an eb. If I preorder can I get the preorder moved? Or can someone else pick it up on my behalf?

F4r0_Atak

I'm French and a hardcore advocate for the french language but this kind of shit pisses me off to no end ... Oh well. We stay losing :(

So how are we supposed to get the console? Online only?

Amazon... Don't expect BestBuy.ca to have pre-orders for people who live in Quebec. :(

We are 100 percent sure it's 1pm? I don't wanna drag my mum there if it isn't gonna work

Yeah I'm also wondering if it's 1 pm local time for the store or 1 Eastern

Like are they available at 10 am in Vancouver? I'm in Edmonton and just called 3 stores but they all say they haven't heard anything about it yet

F4r0_Atak

I assume it's 1 per customer.

But I'll try to grab multiple at EB on location/online for gaf.

If you are... try to do them in the same day, because as far as I know. It takes at least 24 hours for your pre-orders to appear on your EDGE card (if you have one). If you don't do multiple ones today, they'll know if you pre-ordered more than one with your EDGE. They'll even know at which store you did it too.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
More like... Something something some games are not in french in it.

I'm still skeptical... I clearly remember buying english-only games, sometimes in a brick-and-mortar EB store (Tomodachi Life comes to mind, but there are others).

F4r0_Atak

I'm still skeptical... I clearly remember buying english-only games, sometimes in a brick-and-mortar EB store (Tomodachi Life comes to mind, but there are others).

It is possible you did buy some english-only games, but since the agreement, I think EBs in Quebec starting applying it in 2009. There were some exceptions because of certain publishers, but even it the game is in English, as long it has French packaging, menus and subtitles available in some capacity, EBs usually manage to have them available for sell. Anyway... apparently some EB stores in Quebec (if not all of them) have received confirmation from the Head Office that they won't be carrying the mini SNES Classic (for residents of Quebec only).

Just called my local EB. (Ottawa, Carlingwood)

They said they had no information, but it would also be dropped without any warning.

Also they said there was no line.

Just called my local EB. (Ottawa, Carlingwood)

They said they had no information, but it would also be dropped without any warning.

Also they said there was no line.

Yeah I just called another store here in Edmonton and they have no clue either.

Man EB has to have the worst communication lines in retail. I've never seen such a large chain be so disorganized

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yeah I just called another store here in Edmonton and they have no clue either.

Man EB has to have the worst communication lines in retail. I've never seen such a large chain be so disorganized
Or they're just shitty employees not reading their emails from corporate in the morning.

Or they're just shitty employees not reading their emails from corporate in the morning.

The fact that their POS systems update independently of each other, and that they can't even see stock in transit until it arrives at their door, says they have tons of problems

The product showed for a fraction of second for me on Best Buy and had an "-English" appendix attached to it, which pretty much confirms what I feared and it wont let us Qhebec residents order it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom