• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals, Discussion, and Nintendo Item Stock Watch 10

Seik

Banned
Good job Amazon for thinking it was a good idea to ship my SNES Classic in an enveloppe.

An enveloppe, FFS.

One of the corners of the box is now crushed in, like .5cm, but still...tempted to return it.

Good job Amazon for thinking it was a good idea to ship my SNES Classic in an enveloppe.

An enveloppe, FFS.

One of the corners of the box is now crushed in, like .5cm, but still...tempted to return it.

Sadly, this is how I receive the bulk of my Amazon orders nowadays. Books, DVDs, etc. From both .ca AND .com.

The Kwisatz

Neo Member
Did anyone else got their Snes Classic for free from WalMart.ca? I ordered it friday morning and the transaction appeared in the "pending transactions" of my credit card but now it's gone and it doesn't show in the "final transactions". I just got it delivered at work this morning.

It's the second time it happened to me with Walmart, last time it was in store and I never got charged on my credit card even after a month (the "pending transaction" disappeared after a couple day). Sadly, I can't know in advance when they charge me or not :(

Seik

Banned
Sadly, this is how I receive the bulk of my Amazon orders nowadays. Books, DVDs, etc. From both .ca AND .com.

I usually receive an Amiibo in a box...even a single game sometimes in a box lol.

Putting a console in an enveloppe is like the worst fucking idea.

jokkir

An enveloppe, FFS.

lol I got the same too. Good thing mine didn't get crushed :|

Rbk_3

I usually receive an Amiibo in a box...even a single game sometimes in a box lol.

Putting a console in an enveloppe is like the worst fucking idea.

Koodo just Shipped my iPhone 8+ in a god damn envelope too ffs.

KraytarJ

An enveloppe, FFS.

I was surprised to see mine shipped like that too, thankfully the box was relatively unscathed but it's still bizzare to see.

It's basically the reason I can't buy books from them anymore since they're always going to be damaged and unlike a box you're always going to have to deal with the damage.

jokkir

You guys should see the condition of my shoe box I bought from Sears the other day. It got totally trashed.

I'll post pics when I have time but it's smashed lol. The shoes were ok though.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It's amazing, because I switched to the majority of my shopping via Amazon because retail outlets like EB / BB were shit. Now that Amazon is the dominate force though, the roles have reversed and I'm ordering as much as I can from EB / BB.

Stat!

So I pre-ordered Battlefront II on Amazon at e3. Never got a beta code. Am I screwed now or waiting till open access?

Stat!

Wait for open access. Only EB gave out codes

Ahh got it.

I'm glad I dont need to reach out.

I bought an e-shop code from EB the other day and it didnt work. Called Nintendo and still waiting to get it sorted out. Kinda dont want have to call anybody else lol

Gravidee

BB Canada didn't give me any code. I opted for that e-mail request thing on EA instead. If BB sends me a code, I'll just give it to someone here.

zroid

Banned
I got my SNES Classic from BB yesterday, packed in a box with air cushions inside. Arrived spotlessly

Same for me on Monday. BB always packs things well in my experience (sometimes they overdo it but that's neither here nor there). Amazon is the biggest culprit when it comes to shoddy packing.

Anth0ny

anyone know when the next 20x optimum points day is for shoppers?

I'm looking to pick up a switch pro controller before mario odyssey and I figure that's the best deal I'll get on one

Maddog

anyone know when the next 20x optimum points day is for shoppers?

I'm looking to pick up a switch pro controller before mario odyssey and I figure that's the best deal I'll get on one

You should have gone yesterday. The entire store was 20% off regular priced items.

kennah

My snes arrived in an envelope from Amazon. Some corner damage but probably not going to make a stink about it. (Unless I hear of success stories from others)

kaiyo

Ahh got it.

I'm glad I dont need to reach out.

I bought an e-shop code from EB the other day and it didnt work. Called Nintendo and still waiting to get it sorted out. Kinda dont want have to call anybody else lol

nvm I was mistaken, i just got BB email with code!

jokkir

So, who wants a Pixel 2?

RjCsCl1.jpg

:|

farisr

Used the $25 off $100 or more masterpass deal at costco to buy $150 in PSN credit. Couldn't really find filler items for the $100 thanks to costco's already reduced price for PSN credit, so just went with another $50 card.

$122 for $150 credit, which is a 19% discount all said and done. Add to that no taxes for PSN purchases, and we get into E3 savings territory.

Used the $25 off $100 or more masterpass deal at costco to buy $150 in PSN credit. Couldn't really find filler items for the $100 thanks to costco's already reduced price for PSN credit, so just went with another $50 card.

$122 for $150 credit, which is a 19% discount all said and done.

Speaking of which, has anybody received their codes yet? Lots of reports of orders being cancelled and declined.

I normally get codes emailed in less than an hour. With this promo, been waiting a day and still nothing yet.

farisr

Speaking of which, has anybody received their codes yet? Lots of reports of orders being cancelled and declined.

I normally get codes emailed in less than an hour. With this promo, been waiting a day and still nothing yet.
Well mine just got cancelled. I redid the order as well and the masterpass didn't apply the credit, accidentally pressed confirm. But even that got cancelled without me doing anything.

LOL

Also, I think the masterpass site itself may be having problems. Does not recognize that I have an account when I try to login on their website, but clearly recognizes that I do when doing it in costco checkout. (it's not a new account thing, I've had this account for a while now). It's a mess altogether.

I think I'm gonna sit this one out now, at least I don't have to contact support to get that order cancelled.

Well mine just got cancelled. I redid the order as well and the masterpass didn't apply the credit, accidentally pressed confirm. But even that got cancelled without me doing anything.

LOL

Also, I think the masterpass site itself may be having problems. Does not recognize that I have an account when I try to login on their website, but clearly recognizes that I do when doing it in costco checkout. (it's not a new account thing, I've had this account for a while now). It's a mess altogether.

I think I'm gonna sit this one out now, at least I don't have to contact support to get that order cancelled.

Yeah mine just got cancelled too. Not going to bother calling customer service, too troublesome.

pestul

Add me to the list of Walmart.ca back-ordered SNES minis that got cancelled..

I'm going to browse Costco.ca now to see if there's anything interesting there for the MasterPass deal.

Add me to the list of Walmart.ca back-ordered SNES minis that got cancelled..

I'm going to browse Costco.ca now to see if there's anything interesting there for the MasterPass deal.

My local costco has nothing in terms of games :( let me know what you find there.

Tapejara

Uncharted lost legacy is 29.97 at Costco not sure if that's a deal or not

Yeah, MSRP is $49.99.

Also, I just beat Lost Legacy yesterday and it's so damn good. Really benefits from the shorter length, and imo it's the best Uncharted game since the second one.

Top Bottom