• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals, Discussion, and Nintendo Item Stock Watch 10

It was cancelled after around 16 hours of waiting. The email said something about they couldn't process due to card info and personal info.

Even though I've been a member for 5 years. Used the same card for codes in the past.

Just got that email too. WTF? I'm gonna try calling them tomorrow see whats up.

CRA5H

I bought a boxspring from Costco that I realized I don't need. Stupid me lost the receipt.
I tried calling in to Costco but holy crap I can't even get through.

I know they should be able to find my transaction through my card but will they know my method of payment and be able to refund me with the payment method I used?

I bought a boxspring from Costco that I realized I don't need. Stupid me lost the receipt.

I know they should be able to find my transaction through my card but will they know my method of payment and be able to refund me with the payment method I used?
Yes. In fact they will only refund with the method of payment you used. You're good.

Are they still US only and charge crazy money to ship to Canada?

I feel weird buying an expensive smartphone from a company that basically has no support here. Admittedly, the only reason I would get an iPhone is so that I can just go to an Apple Store if I have a problem. lol
I always bring this up, but three years ago I had a really unpleasant experience with returning a broken phone I received from them, and I would honestly not bother with them unless they seriously improve their customer support.

Hands down one of the worst experiences returning anything I have ever had. If it wasn’t for PayPal support stepping in to force the return, they never would have agreed to accept it.

Anyone here own an Apple Watch Series 3? I ordered one to surprise my wife since she's wanted one since series 1. Any sorts of things to know about them for first time users?

I feel weird buying an expensive smartphone from a company that basically has no support here. Admittedly, the only reason I would get an iPhone is so that I can just go to an Apple Store if I have a problem. lol

I was charged in Canadian dollars, tax was shown on the invoice, and shipping was through DHL priority for free. There was a note in the order confirmation that said I should contact OnePlus if DHL mistakenly charged me custom fees, as that is supposed to be included in the priority shipping.

It's only been a few months so I can't tell you how good the warranty support will be. That said, Google sold me a Nexus 5X via their Canadian store, and when it bootlooped a week out of warranty I got the runaround to LG Canada who, no joke, told me the phone I had was NOT CANADIAN and not only did not qualify for extended warranty service because of the bootloop issue, but would be sent back as a 16GB phone instead of a 32GB phone even if I paid for the out-of-warranty repair because LG Canada only had 16GB motherboards because they said the 32GB phone wasn't a Canadian phone. Needless to say, I am never buying an LG phone again and will probably not buy a Google phone again. Because fuck them.

In short, everyone will fuck you if you give them half a chance.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I was charged in Canadian dollars, tax was shown on the invoice, and shipping was through DHL priority for free. There was a note in the order confirmation that said I should contact OnePlus if DHL mistakenly charged me custom fees, as that is supposed to be included in the priority shipping.

It's only been a few months so I can't tell you how good the warranty support will be. That said, Google sold me a Nexus 5X via their Canadian store, and when it bootlooped a week out of warranty I got the runaround to LG Canada who, no joke, told me the phone I had was NOT CANADIAN and not only did not qualify for extended warranty service because of the bootloop issue, but would be sent back as a 16GB phone instead of a 32GB phone even if I paid for the out-of-warranty repair because LG Canada only had 16GB motherboards because they said the 32GB phone wasn't a Canadian phone. Needless to say, I am never buying an LG phone again and will probably not buy a Google phone again. Because fuck them.

In short, everyone will fuck you if you give them half a chance.

I always bring this up, but three years ago I had a really unpleasant experience with returning a broken phone I received from them, and I would honestly not bother with them unless they seriously improve their customer support.

Hands down one of the worst experiences returning anything I have ever had. If it wasn’t for PayPal support stepping in to force the return, they never would have agreed to accept it.

Yikes. Stories like this just make me want to stick with 100-200 "good enough" Android phones like Blu. Because if it dies, at least you don't have to care too much about trying to fix it.

Blam

I would if it was water proof

How many people are running around with their phones in the pool or in the bathtub?

My shits in my pocket if water is around.

And a better camera.

You can modify the camera to have less grain, and it looks significantly better.

CAD, and no shipping fee. $660 was what I paid after taxes. Came to my house maybe in 3 days.

Unless you don't wanna do this then you can get a LG V20 from amazon.com for like $300.

Or the RedMi Note 4X Or any of these phones below.

oA8ZIFo.png

Megasoum

Banned
So Mondo put up a new Die Hard poster by Olly Moss today... Only 425 copies...

Was sold out 7 sec after the Tweet went up.

Later in the day they put up another batch after they cancelled a bunch of duplicate orders..... Went out of stock 12 sec later.

After the whole SNES week last week I'm getting REALLLLY tired of limited quantities items...

lacinius

Good job Amazon for thinking it was a good idea to ship my SNES Classic in an enveloppe.

An enveloppe, FFS.

Yeah, sorry... Amazon had to use a box to ship a Blu-ray to me. It was perfectly packed as well... first a layer of air pockets, then the Blu-ray, and then another layer of air pockets... seal up the box and ship it! I have no idea why they would do that. :\

Also...

EYlyPOf.jpg

sikkinixx

Later in the day they put up another batch after they cancelled a bunch of duplicate orders..... Went out of stock 12 sec later.

After the whole SNES week last week I'm getting REALLLLY tired of limited quantities items...

Yeah I’m super over that stupid shit. Just put it up, take all the orders you can over x days/weeks. Cut it off and make how many people ordered.

This false rarity bullshit is annoying as hell.

Anth0ny

yeah i've been over mondo for a while. not going to deal with that shit, sorry. make enough for everyone or fuck off.

i-Jest

Yeah, sorry... Amazon had to use a box to ship a Blu-ray to me. It was perfectly packed as well... first a layer of air pockets, then the Blu-ray, and then another layer of air pockets... seal up the box and ship it! I have no idea why they would do that. :

Also...

EYlyPOf.jpg

Game guides discount ahoy?

mdubs

Banned
Worth noting that the Your Name blu-ray is $25 on Amazon.ca right now (cheaper than in the US). Comes out Nov 7.

Trogdor1123

How many people are running around with their phones in the pool or in the bathtub?

My shits in my pocket if water is around.

You can modify the camera to have less grain, and it looks significantly better.

CAD, and no shipping fee. $660 was what I paid after taxes. Came to my house maybe in 3 days.

Unless you don't wanna do this then you can get a LG V20 from amazon.com for like $300.

Or the RedMi Note 4X Or any of these phones below.

oA8ZIFo.png
No kids I assume?

Water proof is fantastic when playing with the kids at the beach or spray parks. Never want to forget your phone is in your pocket when you have a water fight with your Rugrats.

Jashobeam

I think this is actually in stock now as I was finally able to complete the checkout process just now.

I saw a bunch at the walmart nearby, I wonder if they would price match the $49.99 price that best buy has even though the color is walmart exclusive.

bigmac996

I've never tried to personally return anything but my stepmom ALWAYS gets her money back, with or without a receipt. You'll be fine for sure.

Kiro

Freedom has its triple data sale for new accounts. Anyone had luck upgrading their previous account to the triple data?

V20 is AMAZING. Swappable battery is so much more useful then water resistant. Built in DAC. Fantastic camera features. Awesome screen. I may never upgrade my phone. My only gripe is 1 speaker at the bottom of the phone. Not sure what idiot decided that speakers that don't point towards the viewer is a good thing, but I really wish stereo speakers facing towards the viewer comes back. But the V20 isn't the only phone that has done this so...

V20 all the way.

Talha

Freedom supposedly is getting iPhones? Heard it works with band 66 so we should be expecting them to announce it no?

Talha

How reliable is the Freedom network anyway? Are they decent now? Or as bad as before?
That 50 dollar plan is the one I'm on I have LTE speeds on my Sony Xperia phone works good everywhere expect my school the basement of the building is understandable, I usually have WiFi at school so I just use WiFi to communicate with my friends on snapchat, once I'm outta school I have blazing fast data so no complaints, also the service works once I travel outta my local area I think Telus or bell covers the coverage with the plan I'm on its included

Qwyjibo

Aright guys, thanks to Mario and Xenoblade coming out soon, I'm getting the itch to Switch! (that's what the cool kids say these days, right?). I was going to wait a couple years for a hardware revision but whatever, I can always trade in the current version at that point.

I know chances for this are very slim overall, but where is my best chance to find a Switch at SDM either in London or downtown Toronto? I often get 20x points coupons for random days (not just the weekend events). I checked a few locations in downtown Toronto last week and they barely have any electronics to begin with.

kaiyo

My last phone was a Nexus 5 ($300)

My current phone is an LG G5 ($600)

At this rate my next phone will cost at least $900.

But they can't afford to include headphone jacks anymore. This stuff boggles my mind.

Its like when microtransactions, loot boxes and all the shitty practices from mobile F2P games infested $60 ($80 because we're special) retail games. No one batted an eye while Im freaking out over here over whats happening.
Buy an Xperia, doubt Sony will remove the headphone jack any time soon. Water resistant, front facing stereo speakers. Fingerprint scanner on the side mounted power button, perfect location if you ask me. Good camera, physical 2 stage shutter button.

Anth0ny

i wonder what the availability of iphone x will be like in november and december in canada.

it seems really expensive but it's still an iphone. also sounds like they won't be able to manufacture as many as they want to.

kaiyo

i wonder what the availability of iphone x will be like in november and december in canada.

it seems really expensive but it's still an iphone. also sounds like they won't be able to manufacture as many as they want to.

I'm betting most wont get it until early 2018

Top Bottom