• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals, Discussion, and Nintendo Item Stock Watch 10

kliklik

Banned
I thought I had seen hyperbole before, but now losing a leg is better than playing Uncharted 4? Come on now.

But then you can cosplay as pirate elena!
Uncharted4-41.jpg

I was going to buy it on PSN last night for 37 bucks on sale but I prefer physical, was surprised Costco had it for 29

Yeah, MSRP is $49.99.

Also, I just beat Lost Legacy yesterday and it's so damn good. Really benefits from the shorter length, and imo it's the best Uncharted game since the second one.

There's a whole wall of NHL 18 but nothing else. Kind of funny considering NBA2K is probably more popular (at least in Toronto)

Davide

Anyone know if Amazon Canada will be sending the codes for the TLJ characters for Battlefront II in November?

pestul

My local costco has nothing in terms of games :( let me know what you find there.
Well it's online only, but I was just looking at the pre-orders and trying to see if it was worthwhile or not to get two games and then the $25 off. The game sections is very limited.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Wow. An extra $100 will get you an iPhone X. I didn't know that Google phone is quite expensive.

Phone manufacturers are out of their goddamn minds.

Can't really blame them either when the masses eat it up.

cube444

Flagship models are all up there in price across the board. I haven't bought a phone in 2 years so I splurged for a Pixel XL 2 this afternoon. Working for a telecom takes a bit of the sting away as I get a 35% employee discount on my monthly rates.

-SG

Yeah, MSRP is $49.99.

Also, I just beat Lost Legacy yesterday and it's so damn good. Really benefits from the shorter length, and imo it's the best Uncharted game since the second one.

Ugh, I want to finish it so badly, but I keep getting the CE-34878-0 error every time I start it up. I haven't tried wiping my PS4 and rebuilding the library yet, but I also don't to have to download and install all my games again.

CazTGG

I miss phones with keyboards and headphone jacks.

Kind of can because they're the ones marking up these phones as high as they do.

True Fire

Wow. An extra $100 will get you an iPhone X. I didn't know that Google phone is quite expensive.

Guess I'm staying with Apple LOL.

The thing that's really going to kill me is the $470 HomePod though. I don't want to mix Google Assistant with my Apple products, even if Siri is inferior. So I kinda have to stick with the HomePod.

Maybe Apple will come out with a HomePod Nano next year?

farisr

I'm good with my $140 ZTE Zmax Pro phone that my brother picked up from the US last summer. Falls somewhere in between iphone 6 & 7 specs wise, with less good camera quality (even though on paper it should be better).

I'll probably be looking into whatever the current ZTE release is at the time when I feel the need to upgrade. Solid phone. Terrific price.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
My last phone was a Nexus 5 ($300)

My current phone is an LG G5 ($600)

At this rate my next phone will cost at least $900.

But they can't afford to include headphone jacks anymore. This stuff boggles my mind.

Its like when microtransactions, loot boxes and all the shitty practices from mobile F2P games infested $60 ($80 because we're special) retail games. No one batted an eye while Im freaking out over here over whats happening.

sikkinixx

But they can't afford to include headphone jacks anymore. This stuff boggles my mind.

Its like when microtransactions, loot boxes and all the shitty practices from mobile F2P games infested $60 ($80 because we're special) retail games. No one batted an eye while Im freaking out over here over whats happening.

Yeah I liked it better when I could buy a bag of chips for $0.50, an extra value meal for $3.99 and gas was $0.67/L too.

Bronetta

Yeah I liked it better when I could buy a bag of chips for $0.50, an extra value meal for $3.99 and gas was $0.67/L too.

I know you had to try your best to be snarky but my examples are from 3 years ago, not 30.

And you're talking about inflation and increased cost of goods. Im talking about missing features and the general public's apathy to that.

mdubs

Banned
I know you had to try your best to be snarky but my examples are from 3 years ago, not 30.

And you're talking about inflation and increased cost of goods. Im talking about missing features and the general public's apathy to that.

Buy a Blu phone for $250 unlocked. I like the two I've had

Tiny barbarian DX coming out on Oct 10 and still no prime discount on amazon...wanna get it day 1 because I'm thinking the first prints will come with extras like the other Switch Nicalis releases.

Sealtest

For those that ordered the SNES Classic from Amazon, and like me, received a dented box as a result of their use of a Bubble Mailer for shipment, refer to my tale of success, below:

Gonna be all depending on the CS person you get.

I bought a 3ds last year and it came in the same envelope everyone is getting with the nes classic and the box was completely destroyed. All they did was apologize and say they'll try and make sure it never happens again.

zroid

Banned
Turned out my dad needed some mobility aids so I picked up a walker and a bed assist rail totaling $105 from Costco. With $25 off it came to $80. That worked out!

Mercador

I put it on RFD but you might want to know that there's a 20$ rebate on Destiny console version starting tomorrow at BB.

SickBoy

The digital store pricing for Stardew Valley is all over the map. I do love how some games on XBL (and Steam) don't seem to worry about exchange rates:

XBL/Steam: $14.99
Switch: $16.99 (lower than exchange rate? Seems weird for Nintendo!*)
PSN: $19.99

*Ninja Shodown, which released the same day, sells for $14.95US (0.04 less than Stardew) but $19.95 here.

I just don't get the way the pricing works on these digital storefronts these days.

Lexxism

The digital store pricing for Stardew Valley is all over the map. I do love how some games on XBL (and Steam) don't seem to worry about exchange rates:

XBL/Steam: $14.99
Switch: $16.99 (lower than exchange rate? Seems weird for Nintendo!*)
PSN: $19.99

*Ninja Shodown, which released the same day, sells for $14.95US (0.04 less than Stardew) but $19.95 here.

I just don't get the way the pricing works on these digital storefronts these days.
It really depends on the developer. I remember the golf story is 21 cad. So yeah.

Speaking of which, has anybody received their codes yet? Lots of reports of orders being cancelled and declined.

I normally get codes emailed in less than an hour. With this promo, been waiting a day and still nothing yet.

I did a similar order yesterday (1 yr XBL, EA Access & $50 PSN Card) total = $113.00, but I haven't gotten an email yet either. Did you ever end up getting yours?

zroid

Banned
I'm not sure if I'm going to be playing Stardew any time soon, but I kind of want to buy it just to thank Chucklefish for making the Canadian price so reasonable

Cynar

Nexus 5 came out in 2013. The LG G5 was a bomb in stores due to people being aware of boot loops so sales were frequent.

Blam

Buy a OP5. Has a student discount (64GB comes to like $660) I'm happy with it so far.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Buy a OP5. Has a student discount (64GB comes to like $660) I'm happy with it so far.

Are they still US only and charge crazy money to ship to Canada?

I feel weird buying an expensive smartphone from a company that basically has no support here. Admittedly, the only reason I would get an iPhone is so that I can just go to an Apple Store if I have a problem. lol

I did a similar order yesterday (1 yr XBL, EA Access & $50 PSN Card) total = $113.00, but I haven't gotten an email yet either. Did you ever end up getting yours?

It was cancelled after around 16 hours of waiting. The email said something about they couldn't process due to card info and personal info.

Even though I've been a member for 5 years. Used the same card for codes in the past.

SirKhalid

It was cancelled after around 16 hours of waiting. The email said something about they couldn't process due to card info and personal info.

Even though I've been a member for 5 years. Used the same card for codes in the past.
It's not Costco that is cancelling. It's code2go, I remember trying at Toyrus with one of their coupon and they kept cancelling. They don't want people to buy their code with a discount. I kept trying because some lucky people were able to order.

Top Bottom