• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canonically, who is the strongest fighter in the Smash Bros universe?

Nvzman

Canonically, Sonic can run faster than light, at the very least with Super Sonic, meaning if he kicked you with all his might you'd probably disintegrate. Also Kirby is only like 8 inches tall so he's not all that menacing.
Yeah, also it should be noted that Sonic cannot die in Super Sonic for unless he runs out of rings. So as long as he has them he is literally invincible. Also he can warp time and space in that form too :/
Kirby could definitely win though.

No one should answer Palutena. To say that she should obviously win because she's a goddess is using a Judeo-Christian understanding of a deity as an omnipotent/omnipresent being.

Palutena isn't. She's fallible. In her own game developing basically everything we know about her...I won't spoil Uprising, but yeah, the gods and goddesses of that game are more like greek gods, who are often complete morons who don't know anything that's going on and get themselves hurt or killed in stupid ways.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So the Smash's Shulk is not all powerfull Shulk ?

It is, it's just that he doesn't really understand/take advantage of his power until the very end of the game.

Outside of that last hour or so of Xenoblade Shulk is at your typical "RPG god slaying protagonist level" similar to Ike. At the very end the game goes nuts and he ends up monstrously overpowered.

In a sense, the final boss battle in Xenoblade is basically
two omniscient and omnipotent gods capable of controlling the underlying flow of the universe and manipulating reality at will duking it out.
And Shulk naturally proves to be the more powerful of the two.

To be fair, this entire subject is irrelevant because OP clearly states "Smash Bros. Universe", regardless of first/second/third party status. Shulk, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man are part of the Smash universe for the simple fact they're playable in at least one game in the series.

It is, I started it by suggesting ignoring third parties and incorrectly including Shulk in that list.

SalvaPot

Canonically, aren't all of them toys? They can't die, since they are all just trophies, when they are defeated they become trophies again and when touched they are revived.

This means than in smash they are not "the character" the represent, but just a toy of him.

So Master Hand and Crazy Hand are their masters, since they play with the toys and own them.

And we are Master hand and Crazy Hand, and Master Core is our imagination and the trophies have to destroy it to be free, so they can finally go back to been simple toys... and rest.

That means we just get bored of playing. And we let them rest. Until we want to play again. Then we come back and play some more with our toys.

We are the strongest fighter in Smash Bros.

RagnarokX

Shulk is insanely broken at the end of Xenoblade if we count that. Unless a character is a god, they can't possibly win against endgame Shulk. It's simply not in question no matter what they are capable of. And if they are a god-level character that shows weakness or limitations, they too are more or less out of consideration.

And that covers about everyone.

I think out of fairness, he should probably either be disqualified or not considered at his end-game potential.

Uh... but Shulk
is a god himself and can kill gods...

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Uh... but Shulk
is a god himself and can kill gods...

That was my point though.

If the character isn't a god, there are no ifs/ands/buts, they can't beat Shulk.

And even if the character is a "god-level" character if they aren't omniscient and omnipotent they still aren't on his level (and if they are, there's still no guaranteeing they can beat him, there is only a possibility).

If we're talking about the height of their power it's Shulk. By the end of Xenoblade Shulk is way beyond everyone bar possibly Rosalina and even then Rosalina never actually fights. The shit the Monado can do is broken. The shit Shulk can do battle wise "without" the Monado is combat wise still way above pretty much all the characters in the Nintendo universe.
The only thing about Shulk which limits him is that he didn't manifest the third Monado by himself, it took all 7 of the main party to create Shulk's God Tier Monado. By the very end of the game Shulk is basically the strongest ever but he didn't achieve that power as a singularity

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
brawl-falcon-punch.gif

this settles it.

he punched a hole in the galaxy.

Shulk for major spoiler reasons, Kirby, Pit at the end of KIU
according to Hades
, and Rosalina

Going for Kirby, even in the Kirby vs Shulk fight

Worse.

By the last levels, his hypernova is so strong that he is capable of inhaling parts of the world itself. In fact, the sheer force of it inhales your HUD. The ultimate implications of this fourth wall-shattering are clear: YOU are not safe from Kirby.

FUCK, nintendo nerf kirby pls

ITT I discovered how insanely overpowered are some of the Nintendo characters :eek:

That is why they have to fight among themselves, they would walk over any other fighting game's characters with ease.

Every time I see another "New Challenger" on an Smash thread, I'll take it as a new god entering a mythical pantheon.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I like this thread, guys dont forget about arceus, he is technically part of smash even tho he's a masterball pokemon/trophy, another "god-level" nintendo character.

nkarafo

Um, Power Suit Samus could easily destroy all of them, together.

And if Kirby sucks her, well, power bomb in the stomach, like always.

I like this thread, guys dont forget about arceus, he is technically part of smash even tho he's a masterball pokemon/trophy, another "god-level" nintendo character.

If it's just anyone in smash then it would be Alvis. If at any point during Xenoblade Alvis decided to take shit into his own hands there would be nothing anybody even God Shulk could do to stop him.

entremet

This thread makes me want to play Xenoblade.

I've been waiting for the portable one to come out eventually, but it's getting tempting with all this Shulk stuff.

Um, Power Suit Samus could easily destroy all of them, together.

And if Kirby sucks her, well, power bomb in the stomach, like always.

Power Bomb in empty space...

Hoorah! Samus achieved nothing

Even if Shulk
has control over one universe, Kirby always has a back up dimension,
his stomach

Duck Hunt Duo have the whole "third party shooting enemies from outside the game" thing going on. Not sure even Shulk could fuck with that kind of divine intervention.

fedexpeon

Banned
Kirby inhaled the "existence" itself in one of his cartoons.
you can't beat that. not even shulk

Dang...So does that mean Kirby has omnipotent power of awareness?
He doesn't need existence to know he exists in the universe while all things will cease to function and vanish.

Duck Hunt Duo have the whole "third party shooting enemies from outside the game" thing going on. Not sure even Shulk could fuck with that kind of divine intervention.
But Kirby can.

Worse.

By the last levels, his hypernova is so strong that he is capable of inhaling parts of the world itself. In fact, the sheer force of it inhales your HUD. The ultimate implications of this fourth wall-shattering are clear: YOU are not safe from Kirby.

Plus the player is using a light gun to shoot, so...

I actually just beat Xenoblade last night. The problem with all the people saying Shulk is..

e ENDING SPOILERS

Shulk was given a chance to be and do anything he wanted. He said he refused to become a god and wanted to live in a world without gods. So there's no way he'd have all these reality bending powers afterward. He still has a powerful sword and the ability to see the future but I don't think he could just warp reality on a whim like some people are making it sound.

OmahaG8

A) No, you don't know what you're talking about.
B) Second-party was a term made up by Nintendo and is, at best, colloquial.
C) Even under Nintendo's weird definition, it never fit what you're describing. It can be used for studios that the company doesn't completely own but they partially own (usually less than a majority), like PS1-era Sony and Square. And basically no one uses it like that.

You're clearly not going to admit you're wrong and will keep retreating further into "I was actually technically right!" (which is also not true), but I hope you internally realize you're being dumb.

Let it all out, champ. The bad guys are all gone.

Vena

Is there any stock in that Kirby is
Galacta Knight's younger self? If that's so then even more reason that it has to be Kirby by even their own game rules since he becomes so powerful (and evil or some such) that he has to be sealed and locked away for the sake of their universe.

Kirby can get a perfect copy of the sword. Thread closed we have a winner. Kirby haxed to the max

Xenoblade spoilas
It was never really the sword. Shulk loses the monado towards the end of the game, and gets a regular weapon made of normal technology, like the rest of the casts, to replace it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXuEsNA6euY&list=PLpVpBRIlzWuACOJgx8hWczY9w5ojKg8Ji&index=108

But despite having no monado, he maintains the ability to predict the future, e.g. here
http://youtu.be/rgERZsyAMWI?t=3m8s
where the blue glow over his eyes shows him havin ga vision, despite no monado. Eventually he uses his power to make himself a new "monado" and with it rewrites reality completely.

This thread reminds me A LOT of the infamous Marvel/DC "Who is stronger?" threads in off topic.

Anyway...
Let's put it this way:
Rosalina is "Galactus" type of power.
Shulk is sort of "Franklin Richards" level.
Kirby on the other hand truely is the "One-Above-All".
As I stated before: He accidentally inhaled "Existence".
Therefor he IS omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient and omniversal.
Even though he might not even recognize it.

30WIOHk.jpg

gWVsFRC.png

lpJmIcS.png

plus: Others ride Harleys. He rides a fucking star.

Top Bottom