• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom completely denies that their COO says SF5 could have pay2win mechanics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky

Banned
HBQnEZy.png

Good fucking going Eventhubs.

EGM1966

What in the world? That's fucking crazy! If you suck you suck - what a stupid idea to even risk putting into people's minds.

Skilletor

But where will people direct their rage now?

After SFxT, it shouldn't really be a surprise that stuff like this sounds like a completely plausible thing that Capcom would do.

You mean after it failed to meet their expectations? After they showed staunch support for the competitive scene with tournaments, streams, and generous pot donations? You mean after USF4 and its efforts being almost completely driven by the competitive community?

Yeah, totally seems like something Capcom would do with their flagship fighter with the things they've don within the FGC.

Totally.

It seems like a lot of the issues we've had with Capcom has been coming from their COO, Haruhiro Tsujimoto. Sounds like the quote is from him. He's probably the one who has the hard-on for Pay2Win, regardless of how it impacts the core game and playerbase. I think the suits need to take a step back for a while.

Capcpom's suits need to be put in stocks at the town square for pissing away the company drop by drop, really.

A game where the game can beat J Wong one in 20/25 is preferable to one where you can never beat him.

Fixed for those with some level of self-respect.

Village

Ok good.

Now what I want for street fighter 5

• Buncha outfits.
  • Let me mess with the outfits.
  • Bring Alex back.
  • Make rufus's concept a character
  • Make that one juri concept a character where she kind of looks like a good guy with curly hair.
  • I want viper to return.
  • Give Viper another DMC outfit
  • Let balrog keep his swag ass alt 2 and alt 3
  • Make sakura's main costume the thing at the end of her arcade mode instead of the sailor fuku
  • Give me a city level at night when its raining.
  • give me a bunch of cool and interesting areas to fight, I didn't feel like sf4's area's were that interesting.

So Ono tweets without without his horrible english and everyone trusts him? Sounds like damage control not even written by him.

GenoZStriker

Neo Member
So how exactly was the news inaccurate? Those are the words from the goddamn COO in an interview he did.

So Ono tweets without without his horrible english and everyone trusts him? Sounds like damage control not even written by him.

Because that's exactly what this is, damage control.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sounds either way like something put on record as being false, which is more than what we have to work with right now.

Krackatoa

Ono has a Serious Business Mode when shit like this happens. Playing around when news like this drops doesn't help anyone.

I honestly believe that Ono has been forced by the higher ups to implement shit like Gems to see if those kinds of systems can take hold. They didn't. Ono gets a ton of flak, because he DOES have to do damage control.

Ono is at a ton of events, has to put up with a ton of shit, and recently collapsed from overwork. He cussed out all the higher ups during his stay in the hospital, IIRC. Sure, I'll be taking his words with a grain of salt, but if he goes out there and says "No, it's not happening" I'm going to take him at his word until it actually happens.

That won't work for Street Fighter. What kind of mechanic can be given to newcomers who are already bad at the game? I bring StreetFighterGAF back to the older versus games that had an easy play mode that made performing specials and supers very simply. I can see something like that but, as an 'item', I am just not seeing it being possible.

Anyway heres hoping that actually make a good Street Fighter (imo) game this time around.

Edit, well Ono settles that. I point you to my last statement.

Onemic

Ok good.

Now what I want for street fighter 5

• Buncha outfits.
  • Let me mess with the outfits.
  • Bring Alex back.
  • Make rufus's concept a character
  • Make that one juri concept a character where she kind of looks like a good guy with curly hair.
  • I want viper to return.
  • Give Viper another DMC outfit
  • Let balrog keep his swag ass alt 2 and alt 3
  • Make sakura's main costume the thing at the end of her arcade mode instead of the sailor fuku
  • Give me a city level at night when its raining.
  • give me a bunch of cool and interesting areas to fight, I didn't feel like sf4's area's were that interesting.

BRING BACK SEAN

and don't make him a laughing stock like in 3rd strike pls

Village

BRING BACK SEAN

and don't make him a laughing stock like in 3rd strike pls

Also depending on where the time line is ,either make him loook like the teen age'd kid he needs to look like, notable shorter and skinner than ryu and ken. Or if its after sf3 make him look like a cool guy adult. Unless its not that far after 3rd strike, still make him look like a kid.

Skilletor

Sounds like he's confirming SF5. LET T HE HYPE BEGIN.

That's my take away from all of this.

What I want:

Post SF3

Ryu super old and amazing
Mel replaces Ken
Older Sakura and Ibuki
The rest a mix of SF2/3 cast, but mostly new characters
SF3 art style done ala GGXrd cel shading

Gameplay, whatever. I trust Capcom on the flagship fighter. Whatever they do, it'll be awesome. Just...skimp on the SF2 era fighters. SF4 has everybody people that want SF2 era characters could want. Let's move on.

I have interviewed Ono two times and he's a nice and very smart guy, very good in communication too, but I don't want to trust every word he says. He has his personal motivations and I think him sincere about his love for the fighting game community, but sometimes everything does not go as planned and even Ono can't make miracles.
I think we all agree that education and smart mechanics that teaches you how to play are way better than gems. But gems can make money, tutorials don't, and even Ono can't argue against that when the time comes to make the game profitable.

As for what I want for SF5 I agree 100% with many people here : post SF3 era please. :3

Village

Also want more regular clothes alts.

OR that thing that tekken has. Where you can just make outfits

Also keep focus attack.

Riposte

Please approach new character art design differently this time lol

EDIT: It would be a big waste of money it to launch F2P. It should become such a title after one or two full releases.

Assault

Reckon this is at least 3-4 years off. I can wait, though. The amount of content they've added to SF4 since release is incredible.

Niitris

At least someone learned something, although Ono isn't the one I'm concerned about.

Him saying this doesn't mean much if corporate decides to force him to do it.

I still don't understand why USFIV isn't coming to next gen. Leaving a lot of money on the table.

SF4 is not coming on PS4/Xbox One because there are not enough consoles sold, not enough players liking fighting games on these consoles, no crossplatform to have enough online opponents, and because arcade sticks costs 200$ and nobody wants to buy a 400$ console to play a game you can buy 30$ on steam and run on any computer bought this past 4 years.

Riposte

Couldn't the COO force it if he really wants to?

Or are the shareholders more powerful than the COO, in which it would be them forcing this amazing gameplay feature.

Perhaps. I don't see the point of of condemning a game that is only in early planning based on highly speculative stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom