• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom completely denies that their COO says SF5 could have pay2win mechanics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilletor

SF4 is not coming on PS4/Xbox One because there are not enough consoles sold, not enough players liking fighting games on these consoles, no crossplatform to have enough online opponents, and because arcade sticks costs 200$ and nobody wants to buy a 400$ console to play a game you can buy 30$ on steam and run on any computer bought this past 4 years.

GGXrd is crossplatform between ps3/ps4, Capcom could do the same

SF4 came out on 3DS
UMVC came out on Vita

Arcade sticks can be modded, more can be bought, convertors will be made.

Capcom ports anything that can be ported to anything that can play it. Except for PC...fuck you, Dragon's Dogma port.

None of your reasons hold weight against other games released in the market and what Capcom has done in the past.

I don't want any easier execution than maybe getting rid of double motions for ultras.

One big thing I hope they add is better support for unranked matches. Not wanting to play unranked doesn't mean that you want to spend like 30 minutes waiting inbetween matches in an Endless Lobby.

Challenge/Mission mode with a video preview of the move/combo would be nice, especially for combos where they don't tell you some input that is key to doing it or for ones where there's special timing or spacing that you need to do to make it work.

Lazyslob

Banned
HBQnEZy.png

Good fucking going Eventhubs.

yall made me sweat there

Rulp

NO! There is absolutely no way I will purchase Street Fighter 5 if that ends up being the case. I would not even see it as a real fighting game. This is exactly the mentality in the industry that has fucked up so many good franchises. I am genuinely angered by this news considering Street Fighter was one of the only deep games I expected to see this year.

edit: just saw that Ono post. Thank god.

If they are talking about a "simple mode"(press X to Shoryuken) I can live with that because it would be optional and won't do anything but make lesser skilled players feel good. If they are talking about gems(Cross Tekken) or X-factor(Marvel 3) then I can go ahead and forget about ever playing it.

edit: Just saw Ono's tweet. That's good news.

MilesTeg

Banned
SF4 is not coming on PS4/Xbox One because there are not enough consoles sold, not enough players liking fighting games on these consoles, no crossplatform to have enough online opponents, and because arcade sticks costs 200$ and nobody wants to buy a 400$ console to play a game you can buy 30$ on steam and run on any computer bought this past 4 years.

Yeah OK. You heard it here first folks. Not enough players liking fighting games on these consoles. Why even bother. After holiday 2014 there will easily be more than 20 million Xbones and PS4s out there. It's a missed opportunity.

Niitris

I still believe Capcom will have the P2W shit; they'll just keep it out of competitive play and whatnot to maintain integrity.
Casual/online play I'm not as confident about

Hope the thread title gets changed so people don't come into this thread angry
(like I did)

I'm guessing more than a few people just read the title, the first few posts, and then comment.

Ok good.

Now what I want for street fighter 5

• Buncha outfits.
  • Let me mess with the outfits.
  • Bring Alex back.
  • Make rufus's concept a character
  • Make that one juri concept a character where she kind of looks like a good guy with curly hair.
  • I want viper to return.
  • Give Viper another DMC outfit
  • Let balrog keep his swag ass alt 2 and alt 3
  • Make sakura's main costume the thing at the end of her arcade mode instead of the sailor fuku
  • Give me a city level at night when its raining.
  • give me a bunch of cool and interesting areas to fight, I didn't feel like sf4's area's were that interesting.

Adult Mel Masters and Sean with better-than-Ken moves, plz

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I still believe Capcom will have the P2W shit; they'll just keep it out of competitive play and whatnot to maintain integrity.
Casual/online play I'm not as confident about
What's the difference? You think they're going to segregate gameplay for two different audiences? Unlikely.

Niitris

What's the difference? You think they're going to segregate gameplay for two different audiences? Unlikely.

It would be better than what the report suggested (although not by much).

Probably too early for me to even make claims like that. Good to know that the Ono is against that.

duckroll

I have updated the title to reflect the current status of the news. Regardless of what Ono says, it was a legit news report based on comments by the company's COO. If they can't get their own story straight, that's their fault, not the media's. Ono denying it does imply that there's a rift between what the management would desire and what the developers want though, so that might be good news for consumers assuming the developers are left alone.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
My issue with the thread title is that even the OP said they are possibly looking into Pay to advantage where as the thread title states will have.

Unless there's some sort of lost in translation inferences I'm missing. Saying that the COO states it will have P2W seems fairly misleading.

duckroll

My issue with the thread title is that even the OP said they are possibly looking into Pay to advantage where as the thread title states will have.

Unless there's some sort of lost in translation inferences I'm missing. Saying that the COO states it will have P2W seems fairly misleading.

Better???? :p

Magnus

Fascinating to see communications breakdowns within companies like Capcom and Square-Enix (among execs, employees, producers, etc.) as conflicting stories emerge. This fiasco isn't anywhere near as bad as the FF Type-0 Vita debacle, but it's similar, imo.

jman2050

Ono's tweet only worries me further because that only demonstrates a conflict between the developer and the businessman who pays him.

I wouldn't exactly be shocked if Ono didn't get his way here.

Kieli

Fascinating to see communications breakdowns within companies like Capcom and Square-Enix (among execs, employees, producers, etc.) as conflicting stories emerge. This fiasco isn't anywhere near as bad as the FF Type-0 Vita debacle, but it's similar, imo.

I felt a similar thing happen with Sony.

I think Tretton was telling the truth when he said the game was put on hiatus.

Shu knew the consequences of such a statement with the hardcore and tried to retcon it. To do so, he kind of had to throw Tretton under a bus. :|

duckroll

Ono's tweet only worries me further because that only demonstrates a conflict between the developer and the businessman who pays him.

I wouldn't exactly be shocked if Ono didn't get his way here.

Well I think this is going to be something we see increasingly more of moving forward. I think there's already a vibe of that at Square Enix and Capcom this generation. Maybe even between Kojima and Konami. In Japan, game business and creative design doesn't seem to be finding an easy marriage lately, which is pretty unfortunate.

Street fighter alpha 4 to have nfc like smash brothers

1 hit til I die, better put my adon figure on my stick
*Adon has joined the game*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom