• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom plans 6 new GREE mobile titles (Dead Rising, Resident Evil, Capcom All-Stars)

I thought I knew all of the tricks. I knew that Konami, S.N.K., Namco, Square Enix, and others had committed strongly to mobile and pachinko games, and I wouldn't be fooled by "positive" news. I knew that expecting positive developments of niche properties wouldn't happen in this, the worst of console generations.

And then Wario does this. Capcom didn't break my heart, Wario. You did. You did.
This post makes me want to cry and laugh at the same time.
ugh, I was dying to see Ruby Heart in MvC3 so this announcement is pretty weak. Oh well, there's still Darkstalkers 4. Right guys?..... ;_;
Those properties are only good enough for some cheap PSN rom dumps and iOS games.

sorry ;_;

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
capcpom.gif

Good one Wario.

TheOGB

Banned
I'd act mad about "falling for it", but I still appreciate learning about these games.

I want all of them... on Android.
I wouldn't say all of them, but definitely Ruby Heart and All-Stars

She was a rejected design.
I'm sure Amingo suffered the same fate too.

I really would love to see those two and SonSon in "Darkstalkers 4" with Airship, Desert, and Swamp stages from MvC2 remixed with a horror touch as their themes.
This sounds like something I want to see

In the middle of that capcom Allstars pic, is that the space guy/thing that you used to select the modes in the old street fighter games?

Chinner

Banned
although i appreciate capcoms effort into ios gaming, most of their efforts are kinda shit. so i dunno? i'll see if dead rising the survival looks good but usually they're just ps1 graphics with shit loads of virtual controls.

Mr. Fix

iMUas.jpg

Holy shit, this is wasted potential right here. Dante, Leon, Date Masamune, Gene, + Megaman? What a bunch of trolls.

j.rob

Profound sadness.

Allthough its good to know that Capcpom realises Ruby Heart and Gotcha force still exists. So let's look on the bright side.

"Oh no....iOS". Go get a cheap iPod/iPad, create a 'for gaming only' Facebook account, and stop the complaining.

Wasted potential.
There do exist interesting games for gamers like us (i.e. those who loves platform gaming) on iOS, but this doesn't always apply with big companies as Capcom and Square Enix, since we get either portings (TWEWY, Rhythm Thief, etc.) somehow downgraded in gameplay mechanics, or this stuffs that doesn't look promising, or at least interesting if you already played a main RE, a main DR or a main MH.

Mondriaan

I think GREE is the bigger worry here.
I'm not worried about GREE. At least we got an announcement about a MH title being brought over here, which more than can be said about any other platform.

I'll happily support the GREE version if it means that GREE becomes the main platform for MH.

I'm not worried about GREE. At least we got an announcement about a MH title being brought over here, which more than can be said about any other platform.

I'll happily support the GREE version if it means that GREE becomes the main platform for MH.

Are you a MH fan? Are you really happy to play a game like Dynamic Hunting?

Mondriaan

Are you a MH fan? Are you really happy to play a game like Dynamic Hunting?
Please. That same old argument about whether or not someone is really a MH fan is made basically every time the game went to another platform that someone else happens not to like.

Dynamic Hunting possibly wasn't a great MH game, but it's still a MH game. IIRC GREE games don't have to be touch-only.

SykoTech

I saw Capcom All-Stars and threw caution to the wind. You got me man. :(

Lmao @ Mega Man and Leon being in that but not MvC3.

Please. That same old argument about whether or not someone is really a MH fan is made basically every time the game went to another platform that someone else happens not to like.

Dynamic Hunting possibly wasn't a great MH game, but it's still a MH game. IIRC GREE games don't have to be touch-only.

Please. I would get MH on any platform if the gameplay is faithful to the original one, but being on iOS it leads to awful gameplay mechanics tied with the touch screen (which is the only input on such devices), therefore limiting the game itself, and making it a completely different experience to the one I know and I always loved.

I mean, you can be happy with Dynamic Hunting, but I'm not. But not because it's on iOS, but because it's something I don't like and no, I won't be happy if iOS (which means GREE basically) will be the only MH platform because it means we will never see a proper Monster Hunter game.

But still, Monster Hunter will be released on consoles, so there's no problem.

Been a rough couple of days for you, hasn't it?

Not at all. My iPad is happy to get some quality games I'm interested in. The problem is, I won't be happy with social games from Capcom. I simply don't like social games, do you? Well, different tastes. I bought TWEWY Solo Remix because I loved the first one and to me it seems like an act of love, but FF Dimensions? MH Dynamic Hunting? No thanks.

In the middle of that capcom Allstars pic, is that the space guy/thing that you used to select the modes in the old street fighter games?

Yep. The Mobilsuit from Side Arms Hyper Dyne. Mobichan has been featured in other games as well as nod to that appearance.

Ruby Heart's back. Looks like they finally found a use for her. Amingo's next. Or not.

Cipherr

GREE is iOS/Android.

Is it not time for these guys/studios to start including Windows phone in their mobile crosshairs? I understand it doesnt have marketshare, but by this point everyone should be thoroughly convinced that MS isnt going to just up and drop the platform. They are invested in it, and its not going anywhere.

Mondriaan

I mean, you can be happy with Dynamic Hunting, but I'm not. But not because it's on iOS, but because it's something I don't like and no, I won't be happy if iOS (which means GREE basically) will be the only MH platform because it means we will never see a proper Monster Hunter game.
Pretty sure that you're wrong on pretty much every point that isn't related to feelings. GREE is more than iOS and there are platforms GREE supports that have proper buttons.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Are Wario64 and Shiggy related or something? Brothers maybe?

Them and their troll titles!

Pretty sure that you're wrong on pretty much every point that isn't related to feelings. GREE is more than iOS and there are platforms GREE supports that have proper buttons.

When a proper MH game will be released on GREE, things will change in my mind. Now, we have Dynamin Hunting and the sequel which are not MH at all, and cannot fully satisfy a person who loved MH on PS2, Wii and PSP.

And to me, it seems clear that the big focus of GREE in the West is mainly iOS. Maybe I'm wrong, but still, we're not seeing a proper MH on such platform.

Western-focused crossover game? We gotta promote our new game, stick Dino in there!

Japan-only in-house social game? Put classic Dante, he's the one that sells!

Oi.

This. It just makes me sad that there's like 5 upcoming Capcom games with Dante, and we're forced to use Dino. Sigh :(

Also

it's cool that they haven't forgotten gotcha force and tech romancer but if they're pandering to old fans in this picture they could've some power stone peeps in there.

Where do you see a character from Tech Romancer?! I love that game! Still have it/play it :)

Omikaru

Sigh. I don't even get mad at these fake troll thread titles. I just don't think anything can match this work of art.

Still, I'll wait and see the games before I write them off. I don't think Dead Rising transitioned well to iOS, so I have little faith that a spinoff game will fare much better.

Top Bottom