• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom plans 6 new GREE mobile titles (Dead Rising, Resident Evil, Capcom All-Stars)

Platy

The possibility that Capcom All Stars is a spiritual sequel to Pocket Fighters makes this facebook announcement one of the most OMFG HYPE announcements capcom made in a a LONG time

...and i'm a HUGE fan of Phoenix Wright

RXS5E.jpg

Ruby Heart, is that you?!

IT IS

Mvc2-ruby-heart.jpg

(Beaten, but still, megaton.)

Mondriaan

Taking GREE out of the equation. Why would you support this if you didn't like Dynamic Hunting?
What exactly would I be supporting if I support putting MH on GREE and have to take GREE out of the equation? It's called Massive Hunting, not Dynamic Hunting 2, possibly for a reason.

Mondriaan

So, are you expecting Massive Hunting being a traditional MH game?
Not really. I'm expecting it to take several iterations before they give us real options on controls. Any button mapping for Massive Hunting will probably be more or less one-to-one with the touch screen.

On the other hand, I expect far faster iteration cycles.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The possibility that Capcom All Stars is a spiritual sequel to Pocket Fighters makes this facebook announcement one of the most OMFG HYPE announcements capcom made in a a LONG time

Is there anything besides the chibi art that is leading you to believe that Capcom All Stars is Pocket Fighter related?

Finally Ruby Heart is in a game again. Can somebody tell me who she is? All I know is that she owns a ship, she's a pirate, and was a Vampire Savior character that didn't make any of the games.

Kouichi

I feel the exact same way! Can't wait to see gameplay.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Finally Ruby Heart is in a game again. Can somebody tell me who she is? All I know is that she owns a ship, she's a pirate, and was a Vampire Savior character that didn't make any of the games.
You know as much as we do.

And she made her debut in MvC2 and she was and still is awesome.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking social gaming, man...

Why are some people so attracted to "games" that so obviously are out to nickle and dime the customer?

A good lot of them don't even have gameplay systems to speak of. It's just a bunch of layers of different ways to extract money or "shares" from the customer.

Platy

Is there anything besides the chibi art that is leading you to believe that Capcom All Stars is Pocket Fighter related?

The fact that Pocket Fighter WAS some kind of Capcom All Star for its era (SF x DS x ...Tabasa), the fact that the simplifyed gameplay makes total sense for a "social" game, the fact that Ryu is doing a shoryuken and the logo* makes me think it might be a fighting game ...and the chibi art.

Just enoght to get insanely hyped and to get a HUGE fall when we discover that it is a farmiville clone.

*should be noted that the logo has absolutly NOTHING to do with Pocket Fighter's use of mini "character logos"

TreIII

Holy shit, that's Usagi from GOTCHA FORCE, next to Ammy! Imagine Capcom remembering that Gundam Vs.-styled GC game I love so much!

Sponge said:
and yet Japan can STILL use old Dante

Why must Playstation get stuck with the new one?

PSA is definitely a Western-oriented product, much like DmC itself. Capcom was definitely going to push for DmC in as many applicable venues as possible, so there you go.

On the other hand, with OG Dante appearing in products directed towards the Japanese, maybe there is some merit to the notion of how Capcom would like to see DmC and DMC "co-exist" in some way (or at least, if DmC flops, then Capcom will just as quickly give it the "DMC2 treatment" and keep it moving).

Takao

Banned
Is it not time for these guys/studios to start including Windows phone in their mobile crosshairs? I understand it doesnt have marketshare, but by this point everyone should be thoroughly convinced that MS isnt going to just up and drop the platform. They are invested in it, and its not going anywhere.

Has Windows Phone even been released in Japan?

Serious question.

Top Bottom