• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom preparing multiple Switch version software after success of SF2

I gotta be honest, I don't think SF should've sold nearly that much. My opinion and I think that was a shit litmus test, but hey people bought it so if we get more stuff we get more stuff. Thanks to everyone who bought it to help the rest of us out though.

kami_sama

Ace Attorney please

Please, please, be still my beating heart. Will buy the whole series again if this becomes reality.
And good measure, how about bringing the Japanese-only prequels? I really want to play them, but the language barrier kills it for me. I know I can watch the game on YT, but it is not the same.

Zubz

Banned
... UFS2 sold enough? I thought this was a next level "Release a half-assed port of an older game to justify not putting games on Nintendo's unconventional system" type deal, ala the Wii U's early ports of Injustice, Arkham City, & Mass Effect 3 that initially lacked DLC for the former, & was sold against every other system getting the entire trilogy in 1 bundle the same month for the latter.

In that case, Darkstalkers Resurrection, please!

YBdisk

Why are none of you mentioning Okami HD? Shit makes perfect sense with touchscreen paintbrush controls.

And maybe CPS2 Arcade Classics. SNK is embarrassing Crapcom at this point.

IMO, Capcom missed an opportunity. They should have tossed together a Switch port of RE: Revelations to go along with the PS4/XBO versions. It was a 3DS game originally, after all.

Flarin

Dragon's Dogma on the Switch would be SICK. Need more RPGs on the go.

Mega Man X Collection please

Yep and this. With all these legacy collections coming out surely there will be one for the X series. Would love to go back and play those again.

Capcom is so shitty to gamers

I gotta be honest, I don't think SF should've sold nearly that much. My opinion and I think that was a shit litmus test, but hey people bought it so if we get more stuff we get more stuff. Thanks to everyone who bought it to help the rest of us out though.

That's how I feel too

This is all thanks to people like my brother who would buy Street Fighter II Final Challenger at full price.

I'm not as big on Capcom as I was growing up. I'm only really interested in a Dragon Dogma port or a new Mega Man game. Everything else they would release will eventually come to the VC eShop.

nynt9

This game being $40 was ridiculous and it selling well is an embarrassment for the consumer, but well played Capcom.

kaioshade

MHXX isnt coming.

As i mentioned in the other thread, Capcom seems to have this weird thought that XX will cut into World sales, so they want to focus on one title outside of Japan.

jett

D-Member
That's what, around a cool $10 million after Nintendo's and retail's cut, for doing very little work. I wonder what other near-ten year ports will they sell at $40 next.

Hero

Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 + 2 on one cart would be amazing.

I would totally take a version of RE4 with HD rumble and gyro aiming.

In all seriousness Switch 3rd party software does seem to be selling fairly well. Something like 3.5m units sold for retail software is good considering how little retail software there actually is. Does anyone know the total for third party retail titles?

This may be less about USF2 and more about the third party environment looking like a solid improvement overall from the Wii U.

Seik

Banned
How about new games? I'd rather have those.

Honestly, if anything, Capcom's newest outputs make their older games catalogue shine more.

Dead Rising was better back then, Resident Evil was better back then (while I liked RE7, it's not my favorite), Street Fighter was better back then imo.

Only Monster Hunter still shines after all these years.

thats not alot for a game with a big budget, which that game did not have, i read switch passed the test.... the test is very much relative to the game. Plus, it was during the launch months, there are not many games at all, when the switch market gets more crowded then it will effect games like this. They are also talking world wide, and since it came out...it sounds like they will bring other smaller budget games.

Hasney

e0dM1.jpeg

Good. Because based on SF2, that's what it will be priced at.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
The Great Ace Attorney 1 & 2 in english and HD are all I really want. But AA 1-3 and 4-6 collections in HD would be pretty sweet too and probably sell quite well.

Okami HD would be nice as well, but I've played it so I'm not like really dying for it.

Viewtiful Joe HD duology would be pretty sweet actually too.

Top Bottom