• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom preparing multiple Switch version software after success of SF2

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
As many others have said, some catalog ports would seem to be no brainers and likely a win win for Capcom.

So how about, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I don't knoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

MHXX and MHW with local play?

This game being $40 was ridiculous and it selling well is an embarrassment for the consumer, but well played Capcom.

They were smart and insanely lucky in being one of the few games in the Switch launch window. The Switch blew up and people needed games to play.

Considering how low their expectations for the game had to be, I'd say yes.

Word of mouth (Youtubers who follow this shit) is that Bomber Man is selling above Konami expectations and they're happy.

Lizardus

USF2 sold 450k? Some people are born suckers
I'm one of them
. Not holding my breath until it's something substantial like a new MH or something.

tkscz

450K people payed $40 for a 26 year old game

And that's just physical. The game has been on the eShops best sellers list sense it launched. We could be talking 500 to 600K here.

Word of mouth (Youtubers who follow this shit) is that Bomber Man is selling above Konami expectations and they're happy.

The fact that Bomberman got patches and DLC let us know it sold well.

Dre3001

I mentioned this in the other topic but I agree with the sentiment that I would rather have new games than the 10th release of RE4.

Honestly what happened to Capcom?

They used to be the "it" Japanese company and would release tons of new franchises on all systems. Did all of those games flop or something?

Seems like now the release output for them is strictly on ports of old games. The fact that they needed Sony's help to develop SFV is concerning when SF4 was such a huge hit.

I would rather Capcom make new IPs or revive old franchises rather than more HD ports of games I played to death 10-15 years ago.

I mentioned this in the other topic but I agree with the sentiment that I would rather have new games than the 10th release of RE4.

They used to be the "it" Japanese company and would release tons of new franchises on all systems. Did all of those games flop or something?

Seems like now the release output for them is strictly on ports of old games. The fact that they needed Sony's help to develop SF5 is concerning when SF4 was such a huge hit.

I would rather Capcom make new IPs or revive old franchises rather than more HD ports of games I played to death 10-15 years ago.

A lot of talent flew away from capcom

Stygr

Banned
I'm expecting: RE4 HD, Ace Attorney Collection, Mega Man Legacy Collection 1& 2 MH XX is coming and maybe R7?

450K people payed $40 for a slightly improved 26 year old masterpiece that recreated a genre and changed a generation

I don't think that changes the value proposition here much especially when you consider the plethora of other places the game can be played in the modern day.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
The word "version" is weird. Is it written in the sense of Switch versions of multiplatform titles or just means Switch software ? Maybe a weird translation from Japanese.

considering that they already told that they were to include Switch more in their multiplatform development I'd say they are working on Switch version of multiplatform games

My article:
http://www.switchitalia.it/2017/04/...incluso-nei-nostri-sviluppi-multipiattaforma/

source:
capcomfy171ppukm.png

Nesther

They figured out a way to port it to iOS and Android (no idea if they were any good there), so I assume they could get them working on Switch.

Oh, I know they ported them. Was just wondering if anybody has any impressions, especially compared to how they play on DS/3DS. As far as I know they even ported MH to mobile phones.

Stygr

Banned

Seems like now the release output for them is strictly on ports of old games. The fact that they needed Sony's help to develop SFV is concerning when SF4 was such a huge hit.

Capcom lost Inafune and the whole Clover Studio with Kamiya and Mikami.
The only two remaning are Itsuno and Ono from the old and experienced Directors
I

Ex-Psych

Monster Hunter World?

Okami HD?

Great Ace Attorney localization???

Megaman Collections???

Capcom this is free money, what are you doing???

Akiller

MHXX isnt coming.

As i mentioned in the other thread, Capcom seems to have this weird thought that XX will cut into World sales, so they want to focus on one title outside of Japan.

Typical Capcom nonsense if so rotfl , releasing XX in the west before 2018 wouldn't cut anything but oh well.

Disney collection IMO is pretty obvious and should have been day and date with other versions, considering those were originally NES games. Megaman collection is also an obvious one to port over, and an Ace Attorney collection. Pretty no-brainer stuff, these are quick port jobs....

dugdug

Banned
Wish it was an actually worthy game that got them there, but, whatever it takes, I suppose. More support is a good thing.

Shiggy

I'm expecting cheap ports:
Resident Evil: Switch Editiion
Resident Evil Zero: Switch Edition
Resident Evil: Revelations 2
Phoenix Wright Trilogy: Switch Edition
Mega Man Collection

jonno394

Am I enabling Capcom and their business tactics if I buy late ports of the HD Resi's charged at the same price as they launched on other platforms?

Flarin

Here's the tricky part about all this: SF2 released in the perfect window when there wasn't a lot to play. Switch is gonna be getting tons of games soon and won't have that problem. They better port these fast before there's a good variety of games and Switch owners will be less likely to buy.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'm expecting cheap ports:
Resident Evil: Switch Editiion
Resident Evil Zero: Switch Edition
Resident Evil: Revelations 2
Phoenix Wright Trilogy: Switch Edition
Mega Man Collection

Yeah that's actually my best case short term scenario. And even that would be a huge improvement over the current situation.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I expect to see a couple Switch announcements around TGS when Nintendo has their Fall conference.

3rd dumped a bunch of game on Switch but it seems like the Switch passed all the tests looking how Disgaea 5, Bomberman, USF 2 and co. performed.

On to phase 2....

Top Bottom