• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom secret Wii project still coming (It wasn't Spyborgs)

Alcibiades

schuelma said:
I honestly can't see how Wii RE5 would be anything remotely like the hi def versions.
given the development time and resources, it can be an outstanding version of RE:5 even if the visuals don't match the 360/PS3 versions...

anything less than a mainline game in some major franchise would be disappointing at this point...

Being a mainline game would take any doubt away about the just how serious Capcom (or any 3rd party developer) is about the game.

Soul Calibur Legends just based on the fact that it wasn't Soul Calibur 4 looked like a cheap attempt to lure unsuspecting fans into buying crap. If Soul Calibur 4 (or 5 for that matter) were to be announced on Wii, no one would doubt the level of commitment from Namco on the project.

That's why a Wii version of RE:5 is so important, and why mainline games with expensive budgets and long, long development times need to be a priority for 3rd parties on Wii. If games with the resources used to create Bioshock, Call of Duty 4, MGS4, Devil May Cry 4, etc... were made on Wii the profile and hype would go through the roof (as would sales).

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Alcibiades said:
given the development time and resources, it can be an outstanding version of RE:5 even if the visuals don't match the 360/PS3 versions...

anything less than a mainline game in some major franchise would be disappointing at this point...

Being a mainline game would take any doubt away about the just how serious Capcom (or any 3rd party developer) is about the game.

Soul Calibur Legends just based on the fact that it wasn't Soul Calibur 4 looked like a cheap attempt to lure unsuspecting fans into buying crap. If Soul Calibur 4 (or 5 for that matter) were to be announced on Wii, no one would doubt the level of commitment from Namco on the project.

That's why a Wii version of RE:5 is so important, and why mainline games with expensive budgets and long, long development times need to be a priority for 3rd parties on Wii. If games with the resources used to create Bioshock, Call of Duty 4, MGS4, Devil May Cry 4, etc... were made on Wii the profile and hype would go through the roof (as would sales).
basically this. i think people here underestimate the Wii's ability to reproduce RE5, though i honestly don't know how much would need to be sacrificed in order to get RE5 onto Wii, i have no doubt it's less than many people claim. either way, even if you couldn't stand the lesser graphics, there's always the HD version if you want it. i think that RE is perfectly suited to the Wii Zapper, and if that's the interesting approach, then an approach it is.

but i will reiterate: it looks like something in the Lost Planet universe. maybe something squad based unlike the original, or something to that kind of new gameplay same franchise effect.

Scrubking

tabsina said:
not sure if this has been brought up yet, but it turns out that it wasn't Flock! either

flock.jpg

source:http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=1995 .. although i'm not sure where they got it from, it looks real enough as far as i'm concerned

I told you it wasn't on the Wii. Great support Capcom. Great support.

Still can't see RE5 Wii happening. A Code Veronica equivalent is still a great alternative. Technically, Code Veronica did outsell RE Zero.

Cow Mengde said:
Considering the reaction to Castlevania Judgment, I wonder what would happen if Nintendo announced a fighting game starring Mario and other Nintendo characters. I bet everyone here would commit suicide.

I C wut u did thar

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Scrubking said:
I told you it wasn't on the Wii. Great support Capcom. Great support.
yes, we have realized this by now, meaning that this Wii game is either a show surprise, or already covered within their current E3 list, which at this point is:
Street fighter 4
Resident Evil 5
Dark Void
Bionic Commander
MegaMan 9
MotoGP
Neopets Puzzle Adventure
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Plunder
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Mobil Games
Flock

i struck out all the ones that wouldn't make sense going to Wii in some form as a "next gen favorite." this game could be SF4, RE5, or Bionic Commander, and that's Capcom's E3 list is everything. right now, the net is too large. i would love it if RE5 came to Wii, and i still expect it to an extent, but anything said cannot be answered until at least Nintendo's press conference next week. keep sharp, if Nintendo gets a voice chat solution and starts touting co-op, as CoDWaW's secretiveness on what's up with the coop mode in the Wii version suggests, RE5 is a possible game Nintendo would want to showcase, though again, nothing is written. at this point all it could be is speculation and extrapolation, both of which are uncertain.

Scrubking

doomed1 said:
yes, we have realized this by now, meaning that this Wii game is either a show surprise, or already covered within their current E3 list, which at this point is:
Street fighter 4
Resident Evil 5
Dark Void
Bionic Commander
MegaMan 9
MotoGP
Neopets Puzzle Adventure
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Plunder
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Mobil Games
Flock

i struck out all the ones that wouldn't make sense going to Wii in some form as a "next gen favorite." this game could be SF4, RE5, or Bionic Commander, and that's Capcom's E3 list is everything. right now, the net is too large. i would love it if RE5 came to Wii, and i still expect it to an extent, but anything said cannot be answered until at least Nintendo's press conference next week. keep sharp, if Nintendo gets a voice chat solution and starts touting co-op, as CoDWaW's secretiveness on what's up with the coop mode in the Wii version suggests, RE5 is a possible game Nintendo would want to showcase, though again, nothing is written. at this point all it could be is speculation and extrapolation, both of which are uncertain.

First let me reiterate that the "something like that" game that was mentioned a while back was Spyborgs. There may be another game, but I honestly doubt it. Capcom already had their event and if they had some major Wii game I think they would have shown it already since they said they weren't going to be a huge presence at E3.

Second, I have no doubt that RE5 will not be coming to the Wii. Making a Wii version would be a huge undertaking and as you can see Capcom isn't about putting a lot of effort into the Wii. People need to remember that Capcom is a Japanese company, and in Japan the Wii is the undisputed king. Yet Capcom continues to pump out 360 and PS3 games all while ignoring the Wii and not making any Wii versions of their latest games.

I'm sure we'll see some more B level RE spinoffs and other fair, but it's clear that Capcom is in the HD camp and they refuse to acknowledge the Wii even after having two million sellers.

OgnodoD

Scrubking said:
First let me reiterate that the "something like that" game that was mentioned a while back was Spyborgs. There may be another game, but I honestly doubt it.

Uh, what? What have all the different articles been teasing? It was NOT spyborgs. That is not a twist on a next-gen favorite, nor is it something completely unlike the fluffiness of Zack & Wiki. Something big is being made by Capcom for the Wii. Whether it's revealed at e3 or not, we shall see.

Scrubking said:
First let me reiterate that the "something like that" game that was mentioned a while back was Spyborgs. There may be another game, but I honestly doubt it. Capcom already had their event and if they had some major Wii game I think they would have shown it already since they said they weren't going to be a huge presence at E3.

You really need to go back to the original post because right now you're talking out of your ass. They have another Wii game and it isn't Spyborgs. Not maybe, definitely

Scrubking

Zoramon089 said:
You really need to go back to the original post because right now you're talking out of your ass. They have another Wii game and it isn't Spyborgs. Not maybe, definitely

Shut the fuck up, man. I'm going by what Svensson said, you know the VP at Capcom USA and not some fucking website. Remember when Megaman 9 was Wii exclusive? Oh wait it wasn't! Yet people here made a thread and continued to talk about it as if it were even when I tried to tell them it wasn't.

There may be another Capcom game, but saying that there definitely is one when Capcom has said nothing is plain stupid.

RJT

Scrubking said:
Shut the fuck up, man. I'm going by what Svensson said, you know the VP at Capcom USA and not some fucking website. Remember when Megaman 9 was Wii exclusive? Oh wait it wasn't! Yet people here made a thread and continued to talk about it as if it were even when I tried to tell them it wasn't.

There may be another Capcom game, but saying that there definitely is one when Capcom has said nothing is plain stupid.
There was some quote in the recent NGamer (the one that revealed Animal Crossing was complete and Punch Out Wii was in development) where they said Capcom would kill them if they talked about the game their anticipating the most.

Here it is:
“Sadly, we still can’t name the mystery game that has us more excited than any of the others on this page. Capcom promise to maul us into our graves should we spill the beans, despite the fact that by the time you’re reading this the game could well be announced. Needless to say, it’s worlds away from the fluffiness of Zack & Wiki…”

Sadist

Dascu said:
Why exactly is Devil May Cry out of the question regarding the "different take on next-gen favourite"?
It's not.

My guess is:

1. Devil May Cry Wii
2. Lost Planet Wii
3. Resident Evil with Wii Edition engine

And it will be at TGS.

cw_sasuke said:
dmc on wii with dark-cel shading gfx confirmed...
This guy? :p

200px-Dante_SMT.jpg

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12025

They've been teasing it for two months now, and the way they've written their short teasers implies that this information comes directly from Capcom, but they just can't talk about it. They also say that it should be announced by the time we read it (it hits shelves on the same day as Nintendo's conference).

rakka

this all sounds too familiar.

ground-up sci-fi action adventure by mysterious startup bionic games anyone? :lol

ksamedi

rakka said:
this all sounds too familiar.

ground-up sci-fi action adventure by mysterious startup bionic games anyone? :lol

I don't see anything wrong with Spybors. I don't get the hate.

Dascu

ksamedi said:
The early footage looks too much like a shovelware cash-in of an actual saturday morning cartoon, rather than an actual quality game with a cartoony style, IMO.

Scrubking

ksamedi said:

The hate stems from the fact that

1. Capcom is touting this as AAA support equal to the likes of RE5, DMC4, etc when it clearly isn't

2. The game is being targeted at a younger audience after the fact that 2 mature capcom games sold over a million

Spyborgz might end up a decent game (huge might). However, throwing this at us after all of the tests and mature million sellers by Capcom, and then to insult our intelligence by touting this as AAA support that rivals that of 360 is ridiculous to say the least.

Sadist

-_-'

I really don't get the hate. There is a new studio behind it whose employees worked on several big games and Capcom USA will publish it. I agree that they only had to show the trailer and not screens, (the trailer was a lot more flattering then the screenshots) but arguing about a game you've never played is really a moot point. I'll just wait.

And insulting our intelligence. Overreacting man. Chill. :lol

Guys, I've had a thought. NGamer are usually bang-on with their rumours (remember Twilight Princess Wii?), so it wouldn't make sense for this one to be false. What are the possibilities of Capcom unveiling it in their press conference but not having it playable? Or...

What if they're making something for Nintendo? It would explain all the secrecy, and why there appears to be no Wii games left that Capcom have confirmed for E3. We might be seeing something in Nintendo's conference from them instead, if that's the case.

Scrubking said:
The hate stems from the fact that

1. Capcom is touting this as AAA support equal to the likes of RE5, DMC4, etc when it clearly isn't

2. The game is being targeted at a younger audience after the fact that 2 mature capcom games sold over a million

Spyborgz might end up a decent game (huge might). However, throwing this at us after all of the tests and mature million sellers by Capcom, and then to insult our intelligence by touting this as AAA support that rivals that of 360 is ridiculous to say the least.

This is what third parties have done on Wii over and over and over again. Why can't people accept that they aren't going to release their high profile games on Wii? They don't have to if they don't want to, even if Wii sales break records.

KevinCow

Banned
God dammit. I told myself I wasn't gonna get hyped for this E3. But here it is, a mysterious project that may or may not be revealed, and may or may not be worth getting excited for if it is revealed, and I'm getting excited anyway. Happens every time, and I don't think a single one has lived up to the hype yet.

Vinci

Danish
Sadist said:
I really don't get the hate. There is a new studio behind it whose employees worked on several big games and Capcom USA will publish it. I agree that they only had to show the trailer and not screens, (the trailer was a lot more flattering then the screenshots) but arguing about a game you've never played is really a moot point. I'll just wait.

The hate for Spyborgs is ridiculous. Nobody bitched that Level 5 was putting out Layton on the DS despite the fact that it looked like a cartoon and was basically a collection of minigames, yet people are hating on Spyborgs because it looks like a cartoon and has, you know, some minigames in it at some point.

KevinCow

Banned
Vinci said:
The hate for Spyborgs is ridiculous. Nobody bitched that Level 5 was putting out Layton on the DS despite the fact that it looked like a cartoon and was basically a collection of minigames, yet people are hating on Spyborgs because it looks like a cartoon and has, you know, some minigames in it at some point.
People didn't get their hopes up that Professor Layton was going to be about bald space marines.

Vinci

Danish
KevinCow said:
People didn't get their hopes up that Professor Layton was going to be about bald space marines.

Why would they think about bald space marines with a title like 'Spyborgs'? :lol

Scrubking said:

The difference is that that was hearsay, someone saying a Capcom VP told him MM9 would be exclusive. This is a QUOTE

yoopoo

Banned
IGN GameScoop/GameSausage stated that no more Capcom games will be revealed...it was Megaman (they might be joking...wasn't paying attention)

Top Bottom