• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom secret Wii project still coming (It wasn't Spyborgs)

Sadist

It's pretty depressing to see all these Wii owners making sarcastic jokes about third parties games for the console. What's more depressing they are right. Inside I cry a little. We all cry. *Everybody hurts... sometimes*

What's wrong with a DMC or Onimusha fighting game? They seem to fight the style better than Castlevania.

Considering the reaction to Castlevania Judgment, I wonder what would happen if Nintendo announced a fighting game starring Mario and other Nintendo characters. I bet everyone here would commit suicide.

RagnarokX

Sadist said:
It's pretty depressing to see all these Wii owners making sarcastic jokes about third parties games for the console. What's more depressing they are right. Inside I cry a little. We all cry. *Everybody hurts... sometimes*
Ubisoft ruined it for everyone.

Sadist said:
As a PSP owner, I have zero sympathy for you, but if it makes you feel better you can always say to yourself, "hey, at least I'm not a PSP owner."

Scrubking

Sadist said:

Chocobo dungeon came out today. Buy it.

Vinci

Danish
Sadist said:

I feel bad about it for a little bit, then I think, "Oh well. Sucks to be them." They can keep spinning their wheels if they like and mock the Wii's userbase, but it's only going to bite them in the ass next go 'round. I mean, hell, they think Nintendo's formidable now - wait till after it's swallowed 85% of the profits from a system potentially eclipsing the PS2.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Cow Mengde said:
What's wrong with a DMC or Onimusha fighting game? They seem to fight the style better than Castlevania.

Considering the reaction to Castlevania Judgment, I wonder what would happen if Nintendo announced a fighting game starring Mario and other Nintendo characters. I bet everyone here would commit suicide.
That game would suck amirite? They could call it something lame like Super Fighting Brothers or something.

Sadist

Cow Mengde said:

Because of this

Mefisutoferesu said:
As a PSP owner, I have zero sympathy for you, but if it makes you feel better you can always say to yourself, "hey, at least I'm not a PSP owner."
Wel, I do have sympathy for you. The PSP should get more games. It's a great portable.

Scrubking said:
Chocobo dungeon came out today. Buy it.
Can't. Autumn for Europe.

Narcosis

Wasn't there a Japanese DVD awhile back that had Street Fighter IV listed for Wii, along with the statements of the game being on as many platforms as possible?

I'm putting my money on SFIV, or some variation of it, being the Wii game in discussion here.

TunaLover

Vinci said:
I feel bad about it for a little bit, then I think, "Oh well. Sucks to be them." They can keep spinning their wheels if they like and mock the Wii's userbase, but it's only going to bite them in the ass next go 'round. I mean, hell, they think Nintendo's formidable now - wait till after it's swallowed 85% of the profits from a system potentially eclipsing the PS2.
Jeez, that was only a cheap innocent joke.
I love my Wii, just I don´t want crappy spin-off on the system, that makes me a Nintendo hater? Give me a break. -.-

Vinci

Danish
TunaLover said:
Jeez, that was only a cheap innocent joke.
I love my Wii, just I don´t want crappy spin-off on the system, that makes me a Nintendo hater? Give me a break. -.-

Um ... what were you responding to?

pakkit

Banned
Cow Mengde said:

Humor?

Vinci

Danish
TunaLover said:

Huh? I was discussing Sadist's comment about 3rd parties dropping the ball on the system. Wasn't aware anything I said was addressed towards you at all.

*shrugs*

Holy hell guys, just imagine as DMC fightergame =/

Right after the Minigames-Phase, we would jump into the Fighter-Spinoff-Phase.

Please, be something original...

DrGAKMAN

Banned
A "different take" (downgraded) port of Street Fighter IV and/or Resident Evil 5.

The concerns with SF4 would be it's online implimentation on Wii and the concerns for RE5 would be what capacity to port it (a different team entirely, what type of control)? The pros of SF4 would be to reach a wider audience and cash in on the nostalgia factor (something I predicted would be a theme for Nintendo's conference and since then Chrono Trigger, Castlevania & Mega Man have been announced) and the pros of RE5 is again wider audience and 'cos they know Wii fans (already supporting RE4WE & RE:UC) would buy it.

Bookmark this!

EDIT- We do remember Inafune saying something about how the RE4-engine scaled to Wii very well for the remake and that the engine was still very much usable for Wii in general for other games (whether he meant a port of RE5 or a RE5-ish-spin-off, an original IP or something else is still not known).

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
pakkit said:
14k9qw1.jpg

Buy a new one, yours seems broken :(

Best possible out come would be Street Fighter 4 with gorgeous 480p 2D have drawn graphics. We all know that's not going to happen.

TreIII

nightside said:
THAT! would be awesome

And like I said in the other thread, it would do a lot to make a lot of sense.

After all, Tatsunoko is a very "Family-friendly" brand, and the Wii is definitely the most "Family-friendly" next gen system out there. Couple that with the fact that TatsuCap is going for a more "simplified" interface (3 attacks of increasing strength, plus a tag button), and the fact that this type of game definitely is very flashy and colorful (while still being low-tech), and I could definitely see a Wii release. It would also do a lot to help Capcom "spread the love"; HD systems get SF4, the game that's being marketed mainly to the West, while Wii gets TatsuCap, a game that's practically scream "JAPAN!" as loud as it can gets. :lol

Probably also helps that they they officially announced that the game is being made on JAMMA hardware, as opposed to the Taito X2 (as some others thought originally). TX2 would have pretty much clinched the PS3(360) nomination, but JAMMA definitely puts it more in the Wii(PS2?) neighborhood than anything else.

andthebeatgoeson

RE5 not on Wii is criminal. Or, real RE, main series with Wii controls is criminal. The consumer is there, the base is there. PS2 proves that people are willing to buy the least technologically impressive game on the console with the biggest userbase.

I expect something disappointing unless it's RE5 Wii.

D.Lo

Sadist said:
I find the whole landscape depressing. Outside of the odd interesting title on any of the three systems, most is getting pretty generic. Shooterboxes, party gamez, it doesn't matter which, I'm not interested in either. Thank god for the DS and stuff like Ouendan.

Mefisutoferesu said:
Well, the PSP had good 3rd party support to start with, and it dwindled as games stopped selling so well. The Wii is in the opposite situation, the hardware sales and userbase have proven themselves, but it still isn't getting much.

DrGAKMAN said:
The concerns with SF4 would be it's online implimentation on Wii and the concerns for RE5 would be what capacity to port it (a different team entirely, what type of control)? The pros of SF4 would be to reach a wider audience and cash in on the nostalgia factor (something I predicted would be a theme for Nintendo's conference and since then Chrono Trigger, Castlevania & Mega Man have been announced) and the pros of RE5 is again wider audience and 'cos they know Wii fans (already supporting RE4WE & RE:UC) would buy it.
This is what I don't understand, surely a huge number of Wii owners are people jumping back into gaming after leaving in the NES/SNES era. It also has the Virtual Console. It is the old-school and arcade machine. Yet it's not getting NES/SNES nostagia games like Bionic Commando and Street Fighter.

andthebeatgoeson

Actually, just to get retarded for gaf, RE5 Wii and RE: Code Veronica 2 Wii. That would be a megaton. A fuckton. Metric ass Ton. I would sell my 360, ton.

bdouble

Cow Mengde said:
Best possible out come would be Street Fighter 4 with gorgeous 480p 2D have drawn graphics. We all know that's not going to happen.

What? No that is not even close to the best possible outcome. Far from it cause I think SF4 looks amazing as it is right now and doesn't need another version. Also highly unlikely because they are already doing SF2T:HDR.

Best possible would be like a Breath of Fire, RE or something along those lines. Also after getting out of the "where are the rail shooters" thread I think the one of the best things would be a game along those lines. Just a great old school arcade on rail shooter akin to Panzer Dragoon Orta.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I read on "that site" that it's the complete opposite of Zack and Wiki, so that kills Z&W2 from the list as well.

Looks like it's down to RE or Dead Rising.

beef3483

I'm thinking it's a rail shooter. I keep thinking of that Capcom developer who said that Wii gamers don't want complicated games.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
rakka said:
Ngamer did not say that.

“Sadly, we still can’t name the mystery game that has us more excited than any of the others on this page. Capcom promise to maul us into our graves should we spill the beans, despite the fact that by the time you’re reading this the game could well be announced. Needless to say, it’s worlds away from the fluffiness of Zack & Wiki…”
-http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12025

Eh?

I'd love a sidestory to RE5 that uses the Wii controls, which are going to be better than what the 360/PS3 can hope to achieve (based on the RE4 Wii controls, anyway, which are awesome).

Maybe something focusing on Carlos? :D

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
timetokill said:
I'd love a sidestory to RE5 that uses the Wii controls, which are going to be better than what the 360/PS3 can hope to achieve (based on the RE4 Wii controls, anyway, which are awesome).

Maybe something focusing on Carlos? :D
NO. FAIL. NO SIDESTORY.

i'm sorry, but the whole sidestory bullshit is just a disservice to EVERYONE on EVERY console. these sidestory things force the fanbase to split between two consoles, in this case either of the HD consoles and Wii. it's already started against the favor of the 360 and PS3 with REUC, which apparently explains alot of things. sure, you multi-console owners may think it's awesome to have the shiny HD mainline game and the less shiny, but awesome controlling Wii sidestory game, but then multi-console owners are the minority. give it everywhere or in one place. you stray from that, you threaten to split your fanbase, by splitting fanbase, you lose revenue.

no, i think it may just be a true port of RE5 to Wii if it has anything to do with the RE franchise, though perhaps with Zapper control or even first person control. considering the way Ngamer is talking about it, i would assume it's not a lightgun downgrade.

though i still maintain that it will have something to do with the Lost Planet universe. i'm amazed that it's not a more popular idea.

iosef

I don't see how it could be anything but RE5 Gaiden, as Dead Rising seems to be out. We know that Capcom is all about the moniez, they've got a perfectly capable engine, RE4 Wii sold bucketloads... why wouldn't you?

hellclerk

iosef said:
I don't see how it could be anything but RE5 Gaiden, as Dead Rising seems to be out. We know that Capcom is all about the moniez, they've got a perfectly capable engine, RE4 Wii sold bucketloads... why wouldn't you?
because it's not RE5? seriously, an RE5 sidestory would be the equivalent of giving me a cooked pie crust but completely forgetting the filling. sure, the crust is flaky and buttery and delicious in its own right, but without the delicious strawberry and rhubarb filling that is what RE5HD is filling in, it will just end up feeling empty. this is a problem, because it largely limits the people who you can really market it to: multiconsole owners. anyone else would be so left in the dark, that to play through the game would create more confusion than necessary. again, i wouldn't be surprised to see this turn out as RE5 with Wii Zapper support or something, but...

LOST PLANET IS JUST AS LIKELY A CANDIDATE. it was popular, and from what i understand theres enough empty plot space to create a solid stand-alone game set in the same universe. RE5 not so much.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
doomed1 said:
and again, i will repeat: LOST PLANET IS JUST AS LIKELY A CANDIDATE. it was popular, and from what i understand theres enough empty plot space to create a solid stand-alone game set in the same universe. RE5 not so much.

RE side story is much much more likely simply because RE:UC and RE4 sold so well, especially in Japan.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
iosef said:

I really don't think it'll be RE at all. I'm leaning towards a Dead Rising side story. First, Resident Evil has not only had a Wii rail shooter game, and the series has been around forever, plus the "next gen" versions aren't out yet. So none of those things point to it being a "new take on a next gen favorite." If it was another RE for Wii, they would have definitely used different wording in their tease. Dead Rising can definitely be called a "next gen favorite."

hellclerk

schuelma said:
RE side story is much much more likely simply because RE:UC and RE4 sold so well, especially in Japan.
that actually makes a main entry such as RE5 even more likely. REUC's purpose, in case you forgot, was to fill in RE newbs about the current state of affairs up til before RE4. RE4 leads into RE5. this makes RE5 in terms of fanbase that is indoctrinated into the story, as well as proven fanbase, a good game for Wii owners, logically speaking. and them providing a spin-off, a game meant to be complementary to the original game, would severely limit it's userbase. if it is RE5 Gaiden, then get ready for limited userbase, because i can't see it going beyond a million or so. RE5 could potentially break 2 or 3 million.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
doomed1 said:
that actually makes a main entry such as RE5 even more likely. REUC's purpose, in case you forgot, was to fill in RE newbs about the current state of affairs up til before RE4. RE4 leads into RE5. this makes RE5 in terms of fanbase that is indoctrinated into the story, as well as proven fanbase, a good game for Wii owners, logically speaking. and them providing a spin-off, a game meant to be complementary to the original game, would severely limit it's userbase. if it is RE5 Gaiden, then get ready for limited userbase, because i can't see it going beyond a million or so. RE5 could potentially break 2 or 3 million.

I honestly can't see how Wii RE5 would be anything remotely like the hi def versions.

Oh and if RE:UC can break a million, a "real" entry, even if technically a side story could do much more.

Top Bottom