• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom secret Wii project still coming (It wasn't Spyborgs)

Dascu

schuelma said:
They said "exclusive zapper" game or something like that. I doubt its a FPS from that description
I guess it'll be a Zapper light-gun shooter based on Dead Rising then. They could re-use Umbrella Chronicles zombies.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Dascu said:
I guess it'll be a Zapper light-gun shooter based on Dead Rising then. They could re-use Umbrella Chronicles zombies.

Thats what I suspect. Blah

Link

The Autumn Wind
Dascu said:
Probably this. It sounds lame enough.

beef3483 said:
Yeah, I'm definately not viewing "suprising take" as anything remotely positive. Probably another rail shooter, most likely based off RE5.

And I would hope it would bomb.

I'd much rather see another rail shooter than something like the steaming pile that was Zack & Wiki.

Link

The Autumn Wind
So let's list the possible games that could be coming:

Dead Rising Chronicles
Lost Planet Legends
Devil May Cry Babiez
Mega Man Gaiden: Roll's Adventure Through Kindergarten
Viewtiful Joe Pinball
Street Fighter IV Party

TunaLover

MiniDitka said:
I wonder if this could be the zapper game that Matt and Bozon were excited about. For those that dont know what Im talking about, Matt and crew were talking about a new zapper game in Nintendo Voice Chat #10

Dead Raising on-rail shooter =/

RE:UC success + zombies + Wii zapper + surprising take = you take your game =/

TunaLover

Link said:
I'd like to think they wouldn't get excited over that, but beggars can't be choosers, I suppose.

*sigh* I could be way more exited if they release Sengoku Basara HEROES over NA. Its way more cheap.

LOcKY

im thinking at the moment Capcom is thinking about minimum effort with maximum return.

Im guessing they are going through their catalogue of games and see which assetts can be reused to form a new game.

At the moment im still reserved on Capcom support for the wii because these sort called tests they keeping putting us through. I just keep thinking to myself if it fails to pass one test regardless on how much effort they put into they are will to put wii support to the back of the list.

guess im just cynical because through all these years i still think Capcom are a bunch of lazy **** at times.

radcliff

Dead Rising as an on-rails shooter is not Dead Rising. The main game had hundreds of weapons at your disposal. Hell, that was probably the most appealing aspect of the game. You could use just about anything including the most mundane objects to defend yourself. I realize this would just be a spin-off, but to neuter the game to just using guns is taking away the very essence of what Dead Rising is. So it (hopefully) can't be that.

TunaLover

Time to REREREvisit the mansion :lol =P

Nintendo moneyhatting big projects, or funding new projects seems to be the way to get decent Capcom games for Wii.

Luigison

Andrex said:
RE5: Wii Edition probably, those two million+ selling RE games gotta be speaking lots to the executives.

Still MM9 would be cool.
I didn't care for the controls/viewpoint of the early RE games, but RE4 on GCN and Wii were awesome. If they make a Wii version of RE5 (or some other new RE4-like game) I'll buy three copies. One for me and the others for my brothers.

Wasn't MM9 rumored to be coming to WiiWare? I'm still waiting on MM1-3 on VC. The bassackward GCN controls were terrible. (I know it'd be cheaper to buy the PS2 version.)

Any rumors of Capcom doing a Nintendo title like Kid Icarus?

Galactic Fork said:
That's why they said a sprising twist, you aren't supposed to be able to imagine it. BUT really... Huh? Speaking of Dead Rising specifically, you don't think there's a way that zombies in a shopping mall can be done on Wii, well? It wouldn't have to be just like DR.

Zombies in a shopping mall? Yes, no doubt. But part of what made DR different is the sheer number of them you faced. I'm not sure that experience can be replicated. They can just have a game set in the DR universe but what would be the point of that when you can just make a RE game and call it a day.

LP and DR just aren'y well known enough IPs, especially to the Wii userbase, to be held under NDA like this.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
cvxfreak said:
I hope it's a Biohazard game! :D

Time for Capcom to bring REmake to Wii, lulz.

I'd buy it, missed out the first time around.

RE0, however, isn't worth the moneys.

beef3483

Zerodoppler said:
I'd much rather see another rail shooter than something like the steaming pile that was Zack & Wiki.

Personally, I would rather see neither. I want a full-fledged game in the action, action/adventure, or shooter categories. One where I can move around freely.

pyros

A bit OT, but when are we ever going to see a new Strider game, preferably in the DMC flavour please.

Why do people want Wii versions of games like Bionic Commando or Resident Evil 5? You must know that to bring those games to Wii, they would need to be compromised, since they were originally designed for 360 and PS3. So instead, why aren't you clamoring for totally original games in the series instead of spinoffs like Umbrella Chronicles? I'd love to see a subtitled, completely independent, conventional Resident Evil entry on Wii. Like Code: Veronica X, it would be a "real" Resident Evil game, but it wouldn't be a numerical sequel like 5 or 6.

Cynar

bigmakstudios said:
Why do people want Wii versions of games like Bionic Commando or Resident Evil 5? You must know that to bring those games to Wii, they would need to be compromised, since they were originally designed for 360 and PS3. So instead, why aren't you clamoring for totally original games in the series instead of spinoffs like Umbrella Chronicles? I'd love to see a subtitled, completely independent, conventional Resident Evil entry on Wii. Like Code: Veronica X, it would be a "real" Resident Evil game, but it wouldn't be a numerical sequel like 5 or 6.

Not if Wii is the lead sku.

yurinka

Link said:
So let's list the possible games that could be coming:

Dead Rising Chronicles
Lost Planet Legends
Devil May Cry Babiez
Mega Man Gaiden: Roll's Adventure Through Kindergarten
Viewtiful Joe Pinball
Street Fighter IV Party
A long time ago there were rumors of a DS title named Chibiru May Cry, with SD Dante model ripped off from the Viewtiful Joe titles.

BTW you forgotted "Imagine to be a Monter Hunterz" and "Train your Zombie".

Jokeropia

bigmakstudios said:
I don't think people are asking for ports of those games but rather exclusive titles of pretty much exactly the type you're suggesting. It doesn't matter if it's named Resident Evil 5: *Insert subtitle here* or simply Resident Evil: *Insert subtitle here*.

Luigison

Jokeropia said:
I don't think people are asking for ports of those games but rather exclusive titles of pretty much exactly the type you're suggesting. It doesn't matter if it's named Resident Evil 5: *Insert subtitle here* or simply Resident Evil: *Insert subtitle here*.
I'd rather it be called Biohazard: *Insert subtitle here*.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Sadist said:
The IGN Nintendo Voicechat kind of made fun of this... so I'm not holding my breath.

I don't think they knew anything

Vinci

Danish
This just makes me think of the Castlevania fighter. Christ. I'm expecting nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Sadist

Fantastical said:
When? What exactly did they say?
Yeah, they were a bit sceptical and made jokes about an Bionic Commando Card game.

It's really hard to tell if IGN knows something...

Sadist

Vinci said:
This just makes me think of the Castlevania fighter. Christ. I'm expecting nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Maybe Capcom will give us the real Castlevania!

... ... ...
Damn this meme is lame.

TunaLover

Scrubking said:
Svensson already said that the game he was talking about when he said that was Spyborgs. There is no secret Wii game based on that quote.

What? How Spyborgs can be a "next gen favorite"?

Scrubking

TunaLover said:
What? How Spyborgs can be a "next gen favorite"?

Ask Svensson. He's the one who said it and then clarified everything. The "something like that" game is definitely Spyborgs according to him.

TunaLover

Scrubking said:
Ask Svensson. He's the one who said it and then clarified everything. The "something like that" game is definitely Spyborgs according to him.

The "something like that" was in fact Spyborgs, but "the next gen fav" was a different teaser, taken from a different quote.

Vinci

Danish
Cow Mengde said:
That's not true. You should expect to be disappointed.

How can I be disappointed more with something than nothing?

Oh, wait. Ubisoft press releases. Right. Maybe nothing is better in some cases.

Right!

Spyborgs = Something like those PS360 hardcore games.

??? = Surprising take on a next-gen favourite.

Mega Man 9 CANNOT be the second one, how on Earth is it a next-gen favourite? This is his debut game on a next-gen console!

I highly doubt that his appearance in Lost Planet counts.

Vieo

Whatever happened to that rumor about RE:0 being ported to Wii and it makes use of the pointer? Make it's a point-and-click style RE game that relies more on solving puzzles, like Zack and Wiki, than killing stuff. =/

Vieo said:
Whatever happened to that rumor about RE:0 being ported to Wii and it makes use of the pointer? Make it's a point-and-click style RE game that relies more on solving puzzles, like Zack and Wiki, than killing stuff. =/
I believe its just a straight port and will only see japan at the moment

Top Bottom