• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom secret Wii project still coming (It wasn't Spyborgs)

The banned site quoted in the first post is full of shit. Svensson confirmed that Spyborgs was what he meant by "something like that", where Spyborgs was like the other mentioned games by being a "big budget action adventure." Maybe there is another Wii title, but it's not the one Sven was talking about.

My guess:

Bionic Commandoz

PantherLotus said:
Chibi_Street_Fighter_Group_by_Shaun.jpg
Super Gem Fighters 2 plzCapcomkthxbye.

batbeg

Buttonbasher said:
Yeah, 'Wii' and 'Surprise' don't usually end well.

"Considering it's a third-party Wii game, it's surprisingly good" ?

:p

Night_Trekker said:
So... a series that started on the 360/PS3 with a cartoon makeover and Big Head Mode enabled?

I hope so, big head modes are the shit.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Saint Gregory said:
That's how I interpret it too but I just can't imagine what spin you could place on either of those games that would make it A) work well on Wii and B) make it something worth keeping "top secret".

That's why they said a sprising twist, you aren't supposed to be able to imagine it. BUT really... Huh? Speaking of Dead Rising specifically, you don't think there's a way that zombies in a shopping mall can be done on Wii, well? It wouldn't have to be just like DR.

I'm leaning towards a DR spin off. Just cause after RE4 and RU:UC, Capcom probably thinks zombies work for the Wii. I don't think a RE5 game fits because it's not a next gen favorite, yet.

Narag

Mr. Pointy said:
DMC Zero, starring Dante's dad. Also, it doesn't really play anything like the other DMC games, hence it is a prequel.
I'd accept a game that used Lady and revolved around IR aiming.

NeoZylom

_Alkaline_ said:
A few lists I've seen have Street Fighter 4 as (PS3, 360, TBD) so perhaps a Wii version is being developed?

Well, Street Fighter 4 is planned for PC, 360 and PS3. So may be the TBD stand for PC!

firex

It's too bad that to fit those criteria it can't be Breath of Fire 6 or a new Ghouls and Ghosts or anything like that.

CTLance

Mr. Pointy said:
Yes please.

The "surprising take" has me thinking of a Resident Evil SRPG or something like that.
Seriously bad mojo territory.

Ah well. Surprise me, Capcom. In a good way please.

CTLance said:
Yes please.

The "surprising take" has me thinking of a Resident Evil SRPG or something like that.

No wait...
A Resident Evil RTS!

CTLance said:
Yes please.

I was thinking a Resident Evil squad-based tactical shooter. 4-player co-op, mission based RE. It'd be like Outbreak, but not shit.

beef3483

Yeah, I'm definately not viewing "suprising take" as anything remotely positive. Probably another rail shooter, most likely based off RE5.

And I would hope it would bomb.

MiniDitka

flipping_heck said:
Thought Spyborgs was Capcom's "or something like that" title? Think again, they're cooking up something else entirely.

Late last month, we reported that Capcom were planning a Wii title similar to Lost Planet and Bionic Commando which would be announced over the coming weeks. Shortly after our story, Capcom announced the madcap Saturday morning TV style title Spyborgs, leading us to believe that Spyborgs was indeed the mysterious "or something like that" title. How wrong we were.

Issue #25 of NGamer Magazine features a very small preview of Spyborgs, with an enigmatic quote nestled within. "There's a bullet with our name on it if we speak of their ultra top secret Wii title (a surprising take on a next-gen favourite), so we'll stick to the safer, though still intruiging, Spyborgs."

A new take on a next-gen favourite? Bionic Commando and Lost Planet are definite possibilities then. Just to get you salivating like a rabid dog over the possibilities, we hear Devil May Cry 4, Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil 5 and Dead Rising have quite a fan following as well.

I wonder if this could be the zapper game that Matt and Bozon were excited about. For those that dont know what Im talking about, Matt and crew were talking about a new zapper game in Nintendo Voice Chat #10

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
RE: Umbrella Cronicles 2 (Featuring RE4 & RE5)

or

Dead Rising with waggle

or

Anime Inspired Cel shaded Devil May Cry

or

or

Some odd Bionic Commando game (doubt it)
or

Castlevania

Prolly one of the first two (next gen favorite) sounds like that

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Proven said:
Poor mystery dungeon games. Maybe one day, reviewers will understand you.

I wouldn't lament that score too much. The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RPGs aren't particularly good Mystery Dungeon games. On the DS, especially, they're easily outclassed by Shiren. Hell, even Izuna.

Staccat0 said:
RE: Umbrella Cronicles 2 (Featuring RE4 & RE5)

or

Dead Rising with waggle

or

Anime Inspired Cel shaded Devil May Cry

or

or

Some odd Bionic Commando game (doubt it)
or

Castlevania

Prolly one of the first two (next gen favorite) sounds like that
...or, they could be secretly developing a new Contra 5 for XBL or WW!!

beef3483

MiniDitka said:
I wonder if this could be the zapper game that Matt and Bozon were excited about. For those that dont know what Im talking about, Matt and crew were talking about a new zapper game in Nintendo Voice Chat #10

I think you just hit the nail on the head. It was in the same podcast as Spyborgs discussion, if I remember correctly. Which means it very well could have come from Capcom press event.

So there you go, people. Dissappointment confirmed.

Terrell

Staccat0 said:
Havent they always?

No, sorry, lame meme. Forgive me and ignore. rest assured it was a shit joke..
And yet people continue to use it in every single Capcom thread.... hmmm, go figure. I'd make a quip about how GAF isn't nearly as funny as it thinks it is, but I realized that such a quip wouldn't actually be funny and I would be part of the problem, so never mind.

And yeah, I'm still in denial that Capcom has a surprise announcement for Wii owners at E3. I don't know why, I just don't feel convinced.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Pizza Luigi said:
phoenixwrightphoenixwrightphoenixwrightphoenixwright
That'd be great, but this isn't exatly a next-gen favourite, is it?

Burai

shitonmychest57
Yoshi said:
That'd be great, but this isn't exatly a next-gen favourite, is it?

That depends what you class as "next generation" and what NGamer class as "next generation". It's a very, very fuzzy term.

CTLance

Burai said:
That depends what you class as "next generation" and what NGamer class as "next generation". It's a very, very fuzzy term.
next generation is next generation is next generation.

"Next" as in "upcoming" and "not now". They're obviously talking about X720, PS4 and Wii2. I say we break into their HQ and steal their time machine.

ARRRGH.

Sorry for the rant, this "nextgen" shit is seriously getting on my nerves.

zallaaa

Should I bet, I'll place my two cents either on a cel-shaded DMC spin-off (which could use a modified-or-not okami engine) or a a RE one (building upon the RE4:Wii foundation).

zallaaa said:
Should I bet, I'll place my two cents either on a cel-shaded DMC spin-off (which could use a modified-or-not okami engine) or a a RE one (building upon the RE4:Wii foundation).
so basically, you crave disappointment

DNF

WIIwtiful Joe 3 ?
DeWIIl May Cry 4 ?
Resident EWIIl 5 ?
or maybe even MIIga Man, where the end bosses are replaced by your favourite MIIs ?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
MiniDitka said:

Yeah that's what I'm guessing as well. At the time I assumed it was Sega, but this makes sense :(

The Umbrella Chronicles success in Japan is going to have grave consequences....

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
radcliff said:
Since when does Zapper support automatically mean an on-rails shooter?

They said "exclusive zapper" game or something like that. I doubt its a FPS from that description

agrajag

Banned
CTLance said:
next generation is next generation is next generation.

"Next" as in "upcoming" and "not now". They're obviously talking about X720, PS4 and Wii2. I say we break into their HQ and steal their time machine.

ARRRGH.

Sorry for the rant, this "nextgen" shit is seriously getting on my nerves.

+1, I wish game "journalists" would stop referring to current gen as next gen.

Top Bottom