• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom's Deep Down (PS4) is an online game, TGS debut [Reading-RPG, online required]

Ryuuga

Banned
Publishers are doing an amazing job destroying any hype they've built up this year for some of their most noteworthy titles, by releasing poorly-edited, cant'-see-shit-quality youtube teasers.

Yeah I'm gonna wait until TGS before judging the graphics, from what we have seen (Onos twitter pics, the tech demos) it seems like the game actually is real time on the PS4. The stuff in this trailer looks current-gen, no way a next-gen game gets a downgrade that massive. But I guess we'll see at TGS.

JABEE

That teaser looks nothing like the engine they showed at the PS Meeting or in those mini YouTube videos. I don't believe that is what the game is going to look like. Ono has posted pictures of it running with the new engine. I think it was posted earlier in this thread.

Deep-Down_06-19.jpg

Sorry if old.

Sorral

Capcom chose to upload it to Youtube, therefore I think it's fine to judge. The original trailer is also on Youtube, if we insist on comparing directly (I still think there's a downgrade).

If the quality of Youtube is so bad that it misrepresents the product, they had other options.

No idea. I'm a translator, not a mind reader. It says 'Internet Required', so the internet will be required in some way to play the game. It could be an initial ping-back, a constant connection, or something else.

Judging 2-3 seconds flashes on a weird teaser only shows how shortsighted people are, honestly, especially when you consider what Ono tweeted. Wait for some real footage is all I am saying. Something longer than 2-3 seconds of incomplete flashes.

orioto

Good Art™
Judging 2-3 seconds flashes on a weird teaser only shows how shortsighted people are, honestly, especially when you consider what Ono tweeted. Wait for some real footage is all I am saying. Something longer than 2-3 seconds of incomplete flashes.

It's not a problem of being too short. It'sa problem of being extra early with bad models, animations and textures.. It's like they're showing some test footage or something.

Jobbs

Banned
I'm interested, but damn if that logo for "deep down" doesn't look absolutely completely different from how a fantasy type logo would look. it looks modern. makes you wonder if it's some kind of assassin's creed VR thing.

Majanew

Banned
Holy shit at that downgrade. I was holding out hope these new consoles could amaze me with graphics like this and Quantic Dream's Sorcerer tech. Oh well. 8-10 more years with these underwhelming consoles.

Are the next gen graphics going to be DLC?

The difference is amazing, it must have changed from an offline to online game for such a change.

Feindflug

I don't know how I feel about this...this could turn out an interesting online only game but on the other hand I expected and wanted a Dragon's Dogma 2.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the game is about and how it will play before coming in conclusions...the only sure thing though is that in this teaser graphics look way worse than what we saw back in February.

Both Sony and MS have to roll out some impressive announcements at Gamescom/TGS because as of now both next gen line-ups look quite dull IMO, thus far only Transistor, The Witcher 3, Below and The Order look interesting to me. :(

Yikes from these screen grabs the game is almost night and day from it's debut fidelity....

I'll withhold my judgement/hope for better news on this and it's apparent online only emphasis

I'll try to have hope.

Coming from the company that used the slogan: "No Hope Left"

kevm3

Capcom effectively destroyed any interest I had in their offerings today. Deep Down turning out to be an online game and the real glimpses of it make it look like a tablet game... and the new breath of fire game turns out to be an online tablet rpg. all we need is a new megaman main title that is a card game on ios.

Sorral

It's not a problem of being too short. It'sa problem of being extra early with bad models, animations and textures.. It's like they're showing some test footage or something.

That's what I meant with "incomplete flashes", but that was vague and I should have been clearer. I do think it is another problem with how short this is especially compared to how long the Feb reveal was. We got a good look at different aspects unlike in here.

But to your point. Yeah, the texture on some of these are missing almost entirely.

Are the next gen graphics going to be DLC?

The difference is amazing, it must have changed from an offline to online game for such a change.

Or rather: Proof of concept video (PS Meeting) versus footage from actual current build where the graphics haven't be polished to a shine because it isn't a concept video or a vertical slice.

MaLDo

There's at least a generational difference between the two screenshots.

Something isn't right here..

Something something, imo the new footage from youtube teaser is closer to twitter pics than first reveal. Texture quality, bumps resolution, lighting and poly density are downgraded in Ono pictures too, but varely visible because camera resolution.

orioto

Good Art™
Let's analyze texture difference here hmmm, hard to say.

DDhaha.jpg

This is probably stock holder all around the place and even that monster model is probably something not finish at all cause it lacks every details we should wait from even an AAA PS3 title.

Apenheul

It looks like a Souls type dungeon crawler but I don't see where the online fits in yet (unless it's really Souls-like). Looking forward to the TGS reveal though.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
The trailer that look like pre-rendered CG could well be just that shocking news. (Either that or extremely high pc footage beyond what PS4 etc can currently do).

Was looking forward to this it being online only kills it for me .
Side note with all these online only type games coming i wonder who it going to come crashing down on first .

NIGHT-

I wonder if the guys that think its gonna look like the first trailer are the ones that held out believing the original motorstorm video was in engine :)

Sorral

More like the original was probably a mock-up/tech demo, and this is what we can realistically expect from the game's real showing, especially now that it's an MMO.

We don't know that yet as far as I can tell. They only said that online/internet is required.
It could be something similar to Dragon's Dogma or the Souls games online taken up a notch.

JawzPause

I'm interested, but damn if that logo for "deep down" doesn't look absolutely completely different from how a fantasy type logo would look. it looks modern. makes you wonder if it's some kind of assassin's creed VR thing.

I was thinking the exact same thing, the logo doesn't suit the type of game at all.

So many downgrades, Was the first trailer running on PC?
Yes they confirmed it was running on a high end PC.

orioto

Good Art™
I wonder if the guys that think its gonna look like the first trailer are the ones that held out believing the original motorstorm video was in engine :)

Of course everyone will jump on that to say next gen is lame and pc is better etc etc.. But this is not a tech problem here, this is clearly a production value/advancement problem.
The early demo IS what we should be waiting in term of model and detail for a big budget next gen title.

MaLDo

Let's analyze texture difference here hmmm, hard to say.

DDhaha.jpg

This is probably stock holder all around the place and even that monster model is probably something not finish at all cause it lacks every details we should wait from even an AAA PS3 title.

What about light only affects bumps and no generating shadows. Reveal screenshot torch casts shadows from walls, char, etc.

NIGHT-

Of course everyone will jump on that to say next gen is lame and pc is better etc etc.. But this is not a tech problem here, this is clearly a production value/advancement problem.
The early demo IS what we should be waiting in term of model and detail for a big budget next gen title.

In 2-3 years maybe

JABEE

Deep Down is supposed to be using Capcom's Next Gen Engine. It's not going to look like that teaser trailer. The teaser trailer was blurry and looked like a current gen game. It looked worse than the Resident Evil 6 engine.

skyfinch

The game looks fucking awesome!! No downgrade at all. This is the power of PS4. And I love the fact that you need to always be connected.

Day one.

That...left a lot to be desired. Of course, the format makes it very difficult to judge, but looks like a significant downgrade....

Skyfinch: it is like you have just discovered irony or something. Where do you come from? Raised by penguins in South Geogria maybe?

Top Bottom