• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captivate 2012 Rome - Embargo Ends April 10th

Gartooth

Nintendo Everything saved the Multiplayer.it photos of the event

In one of those, there's the Marvel v.s. Capcom 2 logo. Yes, TWO, not THREE.

captivate_2012-14.jpg

Here, instead...

captivate_2012-9.jpg

What the hell is this.

Second picture looks like it has the logo to Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
...What? Fate? Shown in a Western focused presentation? Wut.

Seriously...Fate?!? The logo coincides A LOT, so I don't think it's something else...

jbug617

Banned
Nintendo Everything saved the Multiplayer.it photos of the event

In one of those, there's the Marvel v.s. Capcom 2 logo. Yes, TWO, not THREE.

captivate_2012-14.jpg

Here, instead...

captivate_2012-9.jpg

What the hell is this.

Maybe the game features the development team from those game?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Maybe they were giving an eulogy for the Marvel series?

But an eulogy should be done when you announce something new for that brand, and we've just got Ultimate Marvel v.s. Capcom 3. It's not that Capcom is ready to milk everything at the limit of

...No, wait.

Unfortunately, Capcom has said this is impossible due to Sega having the rights to Aliens games.

I'm sorry but Capcom are full of bullshit. I'm sure they can work a deal to get the license in order to release the games. Konami has been able to do it and Capcom themselves with MvC2.

Why in the hell are they showing off MvC2? :S
But an eulogy should be done when you announce something new for that brand, and we've just got Ultimate Marvel v.s. Capcom 3. It's not that Capcom is ready to milk everything at the limit of

...No, wait.
That was six months ago which is like three Capcom years. UMvC3 needs the roster update anyways. I'd be cool with a character DLC pack and no balance changes.

joe2187

Banned
MVC2 HD Remix, Sirlin at the helm. 8 characters at start the rest are DLC. All characters are nude, each piece of costume cost $1, must be online only.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Well if they're talking about the future of fighting games, a retrospective is pretty much to be expected. MvC2 was a big game for them.

Well if they're talking about the future of fighting games, a retrospective is pretty much to be expected. MvC2 was a big game for them.
I was actually surprised to see that MvC2 outsold HD Remix on XBLA by a pretty hefty margin(don't know numbers, only placement) even though the latter was redrawn and everything.

The Mahvel games definitely have selling power.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I was actually surprised to see that MvC2 outsold HD Remix on XBLA by a pretty hefty margin(don't know numbers, only placement) even though the latter was redrawn and everything.

The Mahvel games definitely have selling power.

Wow seriously? That's quite odd considering the discrepancy in effort put into each. Couldn't have predicted that outcome.

shaowebb

Checked the pics and those are from 2009 from what the net is saying. Whatever those pics are they aren't this years captivate.

shaowebb

Only thing I do know is Ono posted a message at one point during captivate that was
"So we're having Captivate at Rome just now! Fighting team had presentation for new future"

...So at least we know something fighting game related will be mentioned. My bet is its a 12 character trailer for vita sfxt or Darkstalkers finally getting a teaser. What I'm hoping for is absolutely anything related to the anniversary of Street Fighter and Megaman in game form somehow.

EDIT:

Been hunting the internet for leaks. Only thing I can find is Joystiq saying Inafune let something slip last month about working on something Vita during an interview so I'm betting some of that is at captivate. The biggest thing I found is some Italian staff member at Captivate posted this thing.

VOMCB.jpg

And another journalist tweeted that they just photographed a soldier. Found this all posted on "thesilentchief" so I have no clue about credibility. If I find any other rumors or potential leaks online as I play detective on this event I'll post em.

Tizoc

Only thing I do know is Ono posted a message at one point during captivate that was
"So we're having Captivate at Rome just now! Fighting team had presentation for new future"

...So at least we know something fighting game related will be mentioned. My bet is its a 12 character trailer for vita sfxt or Darkstalkers finally getting a teaser. What I'm hoping for is absolutely anything related to the anniversary of Street Fighter and Megaman in game form somehow.

If we're getting a Darkstalkers teaser watch it be either-
Morrigan vs. Felicia
Morrigan vs. Demitri

...when it should be Gallon/J. Talbain vs. Demitri.

shaowebb

Found an italian site with one of the guys at Captivate who is posting a video from his room.

I don't know what the hell he is saying but he whipped out his free stuff and THIS was in his bag.

Why the hell does he have a bloody "ivy League tall oaks" sweater? Dead Rising college edition? Anyone speak italian here who can translate what he is saying here? URL is on the pic.

The embargo seems too long, but that's from the point of view of someone who wants to know about this shit now goddammit and not someone who actually has to write all this stuff up.

You know the part that sucks? While Captivate is going on, some Capcom stafferes will be at PAX East 2012 showing the same games and having another Street Fighter X Tekken Tournament. As a matter of fact, it will just be DMC HD and the tournament. Seems like a waste to me. Why not just have a Street Fighter X Tekken tournament? It's odd.

Here is their schedule.

Top Bottom