• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

How far reaching are fields? Do you have to have your guys right next to the city or can you still score fields points for cities a few tiles away (assuming there is no obstruction in between)?

Hopefully that makes sense.

Vard

How far reaching are fields? Do you have to have your guys right next to the city or can you still score fields points for cities a few tiles away (assuming there is no obstruction in between)?

Hopefully that makes sense.

Your farmer does not need to be right next to it. You can score from across the map, as long as the farm/green area you own goes that far (without any obstructions).

Just had my first tie game (124 apiece), shit was crazy.

Feel free to add me to any games (GC: mikeworks); I play pretty much every day so I won't hold any up.

Your tile has to match adjacent tiles' terrain.

iPafo.png

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
What's the board game like?

the exact same, other than you can't see the remaining tiles like you can by default in ios carc (although if you're ok with wasting time you can deduce it, which is why i've always been ok with the ios carc approach though it's nice they give you options now)

bonesquad

I don't see why I can't do this:
9zNuX.jpg

Sometimes there's no X and I can't.

You should be able to do what is shown in that screenshot, assuming you draw the correct pieces. Note that the squares with X's means there are no tiles left in the game at all that will fit there, not that just the current piece won't fit there. It will highlight squares where the current piece will fit.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
You should be able to do what is shown in that screenshot, assuming you draw the correct pieces. Note that the squares with X's means there are no tiles left in the game at all that will fit there, not that just the current piece won't fit there. It will highlight squares where the current piece will fit.

yep, unless you're playing with remaining tile display off, and then it doesn't give you that guidance

Grifter

the area under the bridged cities are considered connect farmland, right?

the board game comes with a tile count chart, and card counters will naturally sniff out what's left.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
w/o reading the BGG thread it should only be two fields.

in the pest expansion, your farmers can run away under the bridge.

Vard

w/o reading the BGG thread it should only be two fields.

in the pest expansion, your farmers can run away under the bridge.

It should be 2 farms even in those 2 bottom images? It looks to me like they would be 4 farms because the roads split them...?

Also, I noticed when you invite friends to play, there's a meeple next to their name. Is there a way to change the color of the meeple? How does it know I prefer blue?!

Edit: also for those who play the physical board game, curious to hear how you decide the order of players' turns. We play rock, paper, scissors to decide.

DukeSucks

It should be 2 farms even in those 2 bottom images? It looks to me like they would be 4 farms because the roads split them...?

Also, I noticed when you invite friends to play, there's a meeple next to their name. Is there a way to change the color of the meeple? How does it know I prefer blue?!

Edit: also for those who play the physical board game, curious to hear how you decide the order of players' turns. We play rock, paper, scissors to decide.

Go to the screen where you select who you want to play with in a game. Beside your name is a meeple. Touch it and the option will come up to change your color preference.

Not sure how it selects who gets the color if more than one person prefers the same color though.

Vard

Go to the screen where you select who you want to play with in a game. Beside your name is a meeple. Touch it and the option will come up to change your color preference.

Not sure how it selects who gets the color if more than one person prefers the same color though.

Ah, I see it. Thanks!

Mike works, sorry about bailing on the last game. I'm not sure how often CzarTim logs on, but it's been a while (or at least seems like it!). I'm totally down for another game though! Same goes for anyone else, I'm always open for a game invite. I'm still fairly new but I feel like I'm getting somewhat better....but I haven't arrived by any means ;)

CzarTim

Mike works, sorry about bailing on the last game. I'm not sure how often CzarTim logs on, but it's been a while (or at least seems like it!). I'm totally down for another game though! Same goes for anyone else, I'm always open for a game invite. I'm still fairly new but I feel like I'm getting somewhat better....but I haven't arrived by any means ;)

It was only a day :( sorry

Sorry if I'm delaying games right now, I just moved back into my college place and the internet is super whacked up. I am connected and can surf google etc but my moves will not update

I have not actually used my new phone to call anyone, but I have Carcassonne

GC: Diesel Pioneer

Will also get River and Inns tonight next time I'm in wifi range

Curse you, "fake" superrobot!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I have not actually used my new phone to call anyone, but I have Carcassonne

GC: Diesel Pioneer

Will also get River and Inns tonight next time I'm in wifi range

Curse you, "fake" superrobot!

i'm glad my dingy old ipod touch still works because i keep it around basically just for carc and ascension

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I just discovered a bug when using the option to not see what tiles are left. If you are switching from another game and the tile tray is open, you can see what tiles are left even if the option was chosen for that game. Luckily i only discovered this when only one tile remained, but it basically makes that option a dangerous one.

Vard

I just discovered a bug when using the option to not see what tiles are left. If you are switching from another game and the tile tray is open, you can see what tiles are left even if the option was chosen for that game. Luckily i only discovered this when only one tile remained, but it basically makes that option a dangerous one.

Hmm I've never seen this bug and have played quite a few games simultaneously with tiles both on and off. I just tried to replicate it and couldn't.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Hmm I've never seen this bug and have played quite a few games simultaneously with tiles both on and off. I just tried to replicate it and couldn't.

Hmm then I have no idea how the bug works.

It was on the last piece in a game with boomx. The tray was open and i saw that the last piece was an elbow. Sure enough, when I placed my piece, the elbow came up.

The tray button was still grayed out and I was unable to close it.

AirBrian

Lots of updates...
Code:
[B][U]GAF[/U]			[U]Game Center[/U]		[U]River[/U]		[U]Inns & Cathedrals[/U][/B]

Agyar			Agyar
AirBrian		AirBrian		Yes		Yes
AlucarD.eq		caceres.1985
Anastacio		???			Yes		Yes
AstroLad		AstroLad		Yes		Yes
Beer Monkey		beer m0nkey		Yes		Yes
Bernbaum		Bernbaum
bigwinnerx		Bigwinnerx		Yes		Yes
blahness		blahness		Yes		Yes
ChackanKun		Chackan
Chuck			CharlieConCarne		Yes		Yes
CoffeeJanitor		CoffeeJanitor		Yes		Yes
CzarTim			CzarTim			Yes		Yes
D-Back			close
Dantehemi		dantehemi
Darb			RealDarb
Darkflight		Darkflight		Yes		Yes
deim0s			deim0s_
DukeSuck		_LOLduke_		Yes		Yes
EktorPR			EktorOni
elfinke			elfinke
evilgreg		evilgreg
eznark			Eznark			Yes		Yes
Flunkie			Flunkie44		Yes		Yes
Flynn			Triphibian
Gaspode_T		Gaspode-TWD
Gamecocks625		Gamecocks625
Gatekeeper		Z3R0_5UM		Yes		Yes
Got the Shakes		Got the Shakes
Grifter			risottoball		Yes		Yes
JeffGreen		Doofaeus
Joeyjoejoeshabadoo	Joeyjoejoejrshabadoo	Yes		Yes
jon bones		jon bones
Jswanko			Jswanko			Yes		Yes
Karud			Karud
kennah			kenchuk
Kosh			Kosh One		Yes		Yes
kryptikjoker		kryptikjoker
Kryptonic		Kryptonic83		Yes		Yes
Kryten			Studs Ramrod		Yes		Yes
mercviper		Mercviper
Mike Works		mikeworks
N Coward Parody		Noel Coward Parody
Nobiru			Ray.Spencer
Noreturn		Noreturn
okno			Eirikist
outunderstars		outunderstars
pilonv1			carlosthedwarf		Yes		Yes
Porthos			Porthos
POWERSPHERE		Powersphere		Yes		Yes
punkypine		punkypine
rc213			rc213
randomwab		randomwab		Yes		Yes
Rekwest			Rekwest01
roodiculous		Roodiculous		Yes		Yes
roosters93		jmilo93			Yes		Yes
schnell			HobenScoben		Yes		Yes
Slacker			Slacker			Yes		Yes
Soktos			Soktos			Yes		Yes
soldat7			soldat 7		Yes		Yes
Squirrel Killer		Squirrel_Killer		Yes		Yes
superrobot		Diesel Pioneer
swoon			Swoon37
technosteve		ceramicsteve
teebs33			teebs33
tetrisgrammaton		CENTAURSAUR
TheNamelessOne		teowind
Vard			gamecentrist		Yes		Yes
Vinterbird		Vinterbird
WillieAames		SlothBear
Yaboosh			Yaboosh			Yes		Yes
Also, if anyone wants to change what name shows up in GameCenter (ex. change your real name to your GC/user/GAF/whatever name), follow these steps:

• Open Game Center
  • On the "Me" screen, click on your Account on the bottom of the page
  • View Account (enter password)
  • Scroll down to the "Game Center Identity" section (at the very bottom)
  • Tap "Edit Account Info" "Apple ID" -->
  • Here your First and Last Name appears, along with your Apple ID and PW. Simply change your First Name and Last Name to whatever you want. Note: This does NOT impact your Apple ID name at all. This is just for the Game Center name that appears on friends' lists.
  • Make sure to tap "Done" in the top-right (will have to do this twice), and you're finished!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Anyone else had issues dragging tiles since the last mini-update? (Or is my old iTouch finally running its course.)

Hey guys, I'm sellling my iPad 2 in a few days and will get the iPad 3 next month, so I'll be out of Carc for a few weeks.

I'll post when I'm back in business!

(by the way, thanks AstroLad...I have a few friends overseas and playing Carc rounds together has been a fun way to catch up. Thanks for promoting this game so much).

Are there any NEW players up for a game or two? I just got this and have only played a few games on XBLA previously, so I'm pretty new.

GameCenter: PixyJunket.

Noting that you're from GAF in the request would be useful.

Vard

Beat a guy in quick play and was going to send him a message saying "good game." He beat me to the punch though, with a message that said "well played." So different than the usual random's response! Carc gamers are of a different breed, I tells ya.

Vard

Somewhat OT but Ticket To Ride iPhone now has online async multiplayer!

Am I the only one experiencing audio issues with the new Carc update? The music cuts out for me after awhile.

Top Bottom