• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

Just a heads up: I'll be out of commission for a couple of days. I gave my iPhone away and should have my new one by Wednesday at the latest.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Somewhat OT but Ticket To Ride iPhone now has online async multiplayer!

Am I the only one experiencing audio issues with the new Carc update? The music cuts out for me after awhile.

Is this good? I sort of tuned out on the whole TtR iOS thing when it was iPad only.

Vard

Is this good? I sort of tuned out on the whole TtR iOS thing when it was iPad only.

Yes, it's quite good! (Granted I have never played the physical board game before.) Its UI/controls are surprisingly comfortable on the small screen. I haven't tried the online multiplayer yet but it looks like it has a similar set up to Carc's. Will update once I spend some time with the online mode.

By the way, I am no longer experiencing audio issues with Carc. Magically went away.

Kosh

I picked up Ticket to Ride Pocket, it is good. I've been playing with my daughter in online mode, but feel free to start a game if you have it.

GC - Kosh One

blahness

Picked up TTR:pocket as well and think its great. The only thing I dont like about it is that since it uses game center alerts to notify you that its your turn it also spams my iPad with notifications. Also a question for those who have both TTR:pocket and the iPad version, can you start a game on one device and continue it on the other? I hate that these type of games are not universal and I guess I am just spoiled with Carc. Add me if you want to play.

GT: blahness

schnell

I just bought TTR pocket if anyone wants to play. I'm not the biggest fan of the physical version but I thought I might as well try out the app and see how it plays.

GC: HobenScoben

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Someone needs to make a TTR Pocket thread so we can all sync up. Unfortunately it seems to be a bit trickier to make games than Carcassonne, and everyone has to accept or the game just dies.

Prox

Neo Member
Hi everyone, I've been playing Carc with friends for a while now and would love to expand my playing circle here. I've got both the current expansions although would prefer to start with traditional matches.
Game Center name is Proxii.

PS. I don't know whether it's because of server stability, but I do not get the "game center friends" list mentioned in the earlier posts; the 'Internet - Play With Friends' screen only lists people I've added via email. Nor can a multiplayer game be initiated from within Game Centre itself. Anyone know how to invite others without email?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hi everyone, I've been playing Carc with friends for a while now and would love to expand my playing circle here. I've got both the current expansions although would prefer to start with traditional matches.
Game Center name is Proxii.

PS. I don't know whether it's because of server stability, but I do not get the "game center friends" list mentioned in the earlier posts; the 'Internet - Play With Friends' screen only lists people I've added via email. Nor can a multiplayer game be initiated from within Game Centre itself. Anyone know how to invite others without email?

After the invite friends list screen loads once, back up and try again.

AirBrian

Someone needs to make a TTR Pocket thread so we can all sync up. Unfortunately it seems to be a bit trickier to make games than Carcassonne, and everyone has to accept or the game just dies.

Yes! I just picked it up this morning and have been distracted at work all day!

AirBrian

Lots of updates...
Code:
[B][U]GAF[/U]			[U]Game Center[/U]		[U]River[/U]		[U]Inns & Cathedrals[/U][/B]

Agyar			Agyar
AirBrian		AirBrian		Yes		Yes
AlucarD.eq		caceres.1985
Anastacio		???			Yes		Yes
AstroLad		AstroLad		Yes		Yes
Beer Monkey		beer m0nkey		Yes		Yes
Bernbaum		Bernbaum
bigwinnerx		Bigwinnerx		Yes		Yes
blahness		blahness		Yes		Yes
ChackanKun		Chackan
Chuck			CharlieConCarne		Yes		Yes
CoffeeJanitor		CoffeeJanitor		Yes		Yes
CzarTim			CzarTim			Yes		Yes
D-Back			close
Dantehemi		dantehemi
Darb			RealDarb
Darkflight		Darkflight		Yes		Yes
deim0s			deim0s_			Yes		Yes
DukeSuck		_LOLduke_		Yes		Yes
EktorPR			EktorOni
elfinke			elfinke
emgeejay		max22			Yes		Yes
evilgreg		evilgreg
eznark			Eznark			Yes		Yes
Flunkie			Flunkie44		Yes		Yes
Flynn			Triphibian
Gaspode_T		Gaspode-TWD
Gamecocks625		Gamecocks625
Gatekeeper		Z3R0_5UM		Yes		Yes
Got the Shakes		Got the Shakes
Grifter			risottoball		Yes		Yes
JeffGreen		Doofaeus
Joeyjoejoeshabadoo	Joeyjoejoejrshabadoo	Yes		Yes
jon bones		jon bones
Jswanko			Jswanko			Yes		Yes
Karud			Karud
kennah			kenchuk
Kosh			Kosh One		Yes		Yes
kryptikjoker		kryptikjoker
Kryptonic		Kryptonic83		Yes		Yes
Kryten			Studs Ramrod		Yes		Yes
mercviper		Mercviper
Mike Works		mikeworks
N Coward Parody		Noel Coward Parody
Nobiru			Ray.Spencer
Noreturn		Noreturn
okno			Eirikist
outunderstars		outunderstars
pilonv1			carlosthedwarf		Yes		Yes
PixyJunket		PixyJunket		?		?
Porthos			Porthos
POWERSPHERE		Powersphere		Yes		Yes
Prox			Proxii			Yes		Yes
punkypine		punkypine
rc213			rc213
randomwab		randomwab		Yes		Yes
Rekwest			Rekwest01
roodiculous		Roodiculous		Yes		Yes
roosters93		jmilo93			Yes		Yes
schnell			HobenScoben		Yes		Yes
Slacker			Slacker			Yes		Yes
Soktos			Soktos			Yes		Yes
soldat7			soldat 7		Yes		Yes
Squirrel Killer		Squirrel_Killer		Yes		Yes
superrobot		Diesel Pioneer
swoon			Swoon37
technosteve		ceramicsteve
teebs33			teebs33
tetrisgrammaton		CENTAURSAUR
TheNamelessOne		teowind
Vard			gamecentrist		Yes		Yes
Vinterbird		Vinterbird
WillieAames		SlothBear
Yaboosh			Yaboosh			Yes		Yes
Also, if anyone wants to change what name shows up in GameCenter (ex. change your real name to your GC/user/GAF/whatever name), follow these steps:

• Open Game Center
  • On the "Me" screen, click on your Account on the bottom of the page
  • View Account (enter password)
  • Scroll down to the "Game Center Identity" section (at the very bottom)
  • Tap "Edit Account Info" "Apple ID" -->
  • Here your First and Last Name appears, along with your Apple ID and PW. Simply change your First Name and Last Name to whatever you want. Note: This does NOT impact your Apple ID name at all. This is just for the Game Center name that appears on friends' lists.
  • Make sure to tap "Done" in the top-right (will have to do this twice), and you're finished!

Flunkie

Banned

With async becoming more and more popular, would it be a good idea to make a universal async thread or would that be too confusing?

Hero Academy, TTR, Caylus, Carc, Ascension..

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
With async becoming more and more popular, would it be a good idea to make a universal async thread or would that be too confusing?

Hero Academy, TTR, Caylus, Carc, Ascension..

Hmm I dunno.

An iOS board games thread would probably make sense though right?

Have you guys ever thought of having a coordinated board game night/time (primarily for Carcasonne)? Something where we arrange games of 3-5 players at a certain time & date and then all play the game "live"?

Have you guys ever thought of having a coordinated board game night/time (primarily for Carcasonne)? Something where we arrange games of 3-5 players at a certain time & date and then all play the game "live"?

The games I've played "live" with friends were so much fun. Chat definitely adds a lot to the experience, too.

There are some of you that I know are good for it when I start a game (and I seem to get a good amount of invites, so, it must be mutual).

TTRP is a bit trickier because of the GameCenter thing and unless you've changed your display name over to your handle, I think I know some pictures, but, I don't immediately recognize names.

Vard

Sorry to derail the thread with more TTR talk (think it was me that started it too), but the iPhone version is FREE today. Everyone should get it, so I can wait for my turn in 2 board game apps instead of 1!

Vard

I'd be down for something like this. Basically Quick Play with GAFfers.

Is it possible to start a game on iPad and then continue playing on an iPod touch? I'll be without an iPad for a few weeks but I wanted to be able to still play the games I'm currently involved in.

Kosh

Is it possible to start a game on iPad and then continue playing on an iPod touch? I'll be without an iPad for a few weeks but I wanted to be able to still play the games I'm currently involved in.

For Carc, Yes.

TTR Question: I thought they added asynchronous play? How do you start a game like that?

Only on the Pocket (iPhone/iPod Touch) version. Just start a Multi game. iPad version doesn't have asynch.

CzarTim

Only on the Pocket (iPhone/iPod Touch) version. Just start a Multi game. iPad version doesn't have asynch.

CX8zX.gif

bonesquad

Are there any other expansions made for the table top version of Carcassonne that we might see added to the iOS version down the line?

There are are a dozen or so expansions of various sizes available for the physical version of Carcassonne (BGG). Some much better than others of course. The one I, and many others, would like to see next for the iPhone is the Traders and Builders expansion.

While they (Coding Monkeys) said more expansions are to come, who knows when that will be seeing the first two took a year and a half.

TechSamurai

Neo Member
Somehow I got dropped of the Cac players list...
(That explains why I only have 2 active games)
I have all the expansions.

TechSamuraiX

I am also up for some TTR (pocket).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
There are are a dozen or so expansions of various sizes available for the physical version of Carcassonne (BGG). Some much better than others of course. The one I, and many others, would like to see next for the iPhone is the Traders and Builders expansion.

yep, same

Lots of updates...

Also, if anyone wants to change what name shows up in GameCenter (ex. change your real name to your GC/user/GAF/whatever name), follow these steps:

• Open Game Center
  • On the "Me" screen, click on your Account on the bottom of the page
  • View Account (enter password)
  • Scroll down to the "Game Center Identity" section (at the very bottom)
  • Tap "Edit Account Info" "Apple ID" -->
  • Here your First and Last Name appears, along with your Apple ID and PW. Simply change your First Name and Last Name to whatever you want. Note: This does NOT impact your Apple ID name at all. This is just for the Game Center name that appears on friends' lists.
  • Make sure to tap "Done" in the top-right (will have to do this twice), and you're finished!

I did do this but this morning the App Store needed me to re-verify my Credit Card which had recently rolled over.
In the Billing Address section my GAF name appeared - I changed it back to my real name in case it messed with card validation.

Karud

Code:
[B][U]GAF[/U]			[U]Game Center[/U]		[U]River[/U]		[U]Inns & Cathedrals[/U][/B]

Agyar			Agyar
AirBrian		AirBrian		Yes		Yes
AlucarD.eq		caceres.1985
Anastacio		???			Yes		Yes
AstroLad		AstroLad		Yes		Yes
Beer Monkey		beer m0nkey		Yes		Yes
Bernbaum		Bernbaum
bigwinnerx		Bigwinnerx		Yes		Yes
blahness		blahness		Yes		Yes
ChackanKun		Chackan
Chuck			CharlieConCarne		Yes		Yes
CoffeeJanitor		CoffeeJanitor		Yes		Yes
CzarTim			CzarTim			Yes		Yes
D-Back			close
Dantehemi		dantehemi
Darb			RealDarb
Darkflight		Darkflight		Yes		Yes
deim0s			deim0s_			Yes		Yes
DukeSuck		_LOLduke_		Yes		Yes
EktorPR			EktorOni
elfinke			elfinke
emgeejay		max22			Yes		Yes
evilgreg		evilgreg
eznark			Eznark			Yes		Yes
Flunkie			Flunkie44		Yes		Yes
Flynn			Triphibian
Gaspode_T		Gaspode-TWD
Gamecocks625		Gamecocks625
Gatekeeper		Z3R0_5UM		Yes		Yes
Got the Shakes		Got the Shakes
Grifter			risottoball		Yes		Yes
JeffGreen		Doofaeus
Joeyjoejoeshabadoo	Joeyjoejoejrshabadoo	Yes		Yes
jon bones		jon bones
Jswanko			Jswanko			Yes		Yes
Karud			Karud			Yes		Yes     
kennah			kenchuk
Kosh			Kosh One		Yes		Yes
kryptikjoker		kryptikjoker
Kryptonic		Kryptonic83		Yes		Yes
Kryten			Studs Ramrod		Yes		Yes
mercviper		Mercviper
Mike Works		mikeworks
N Coward Parody		Noel Coward Parody
Nobiru			Ray.Spencer
Noreturn		Noreturn
okno			Eirikist
outunderstars		outunderstars
pilonv1			carlosthedwarf		Yes		Yes
PixyJunket		PixyJunket		?		?
Porthos			Porthos
POWERSPHERE		Powersphere		Yes		Yes
Prox			Proxii			Yes		Yes
punkypine		punkypine
rc213			rc213
randomwab		randomwab		Yes		Yes
Rekwest			Rekwest01
roodiculous		Roodiculous		Yes		Yes
roosters93		jmilo93			Yes		Yes
schnell			HobenScoben		Yes		Yes
Slacker			Slacker			Yes		Yes
Soktos			Soktos			Yes		Yes
soldat7			soldat 7		Yes		Yes
Squirrel Killer		Squirrel_Killer		Yes		Yes
superrobot		Diesel Pioneer
swoon			Swoon37
technosteve		ceramicsteve
teebs33			teebs33
tetrisgrammaton		CENTAURSAUR
TheNamelessOne		teowind
Vard			gamecentrist		Yes		Yes
Vinterbird		Vinterbird
WillieAames		SlothBear
Yaboosh			Yaboosh			Yes		Yes

I'm up for some games. I bought the expansion a few weeks back. :)

pilonv1

Just finished my first game of TTR, it works better when all players are online as the pace is quicker, but it's still fantastic fun.

Top Bottom