• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carl's Jr./Hardee's introduces new Tex Mex Bacon Thickburger

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.grubgrade.com/2015/09/23/new-tex-mex-bacon-thickburger-from-carls-jr-and-hardees/

New at Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s is the Tex Mex Bacon Thickburger.

This burger features a charbroiled 100% Black Angus beef patty, topped with fire-roasted poblano peppers and onions, lettuce, tomato, and thick-cut Applewood-smoked bacon, topped with pepper-Jack cheese and spicy Santa Fe sauce.

The burger is available as a 1/3 pound for $5.79 or a 1/2 pound for $6.99, and my also be ordered in a combo meal with fries and a drink starting at $6.99.

H3xum

I'm going to say this and catch some heat, but....this sounds like it would be better without bacon. Let the peppers shine.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I get commercials for these Carl's all the damn time, but there's none within like 50 miles of me.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Cereal
Ice Cream X
Bananas X
Yogurt
Smores X
Oreos (this is cheating nothing makes oreos better)
Apples X
Watermelon
Lemonade
Smoothies
Alcohol (I don't even have to do this one Bacon on anything is perfect with Alcohol)

Bananas
pickBLGuM.jpg

Apples
bacon-apple-pie.jpg

Ice-Cream
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/maple-bacon-crunch-ice-cream-recipe.html
FNM_070112-Maple-Bacon-Crunch-Ice-Cream_s4x3.jpg.rend.sni12col.landscape.jpeg

S'mores
bacon-smores.jpg

Schlep

A Tex-Mex burger is more likely to drop the bacon, peppers, and sante fe sauce. Add jalapenos and guacamole. A for effort, tho.

Bubba T

What is amazing about Hardee's is the concoctions they come up with.

I remember having a monster burger when I was like 11 years old and amazingly finishing the whole thing. I had to take a few months to breathe after every bite though.

Laekon

They already have a guacamole bacon burger so I can see why they didn't add guac to this. Sadly that burger became shit years ago when they switched from a real guacamole, with actual avocado chunks, to some nasty watery slime.

I tried this burger a few days ago when I was in Springfield, IL a few days ago. At first I wanted to try western bacon cheese burger to compare with Cali burger to realize that this burger is only on the hardees menu for a limited time. the employee mentioned texmex burger, tried it, and it was good. burger has slight heat from the peppers and sauce. but the burger was tasty in my opinion.

painey

I saw it on GAF, and knew I had to have it. I've always liked Hardees. It's expensive, sure. It's also one of the most calorific fast food places in existence, but I didn't care. Something made me want this Tex Mex burger badly. I decided I would go the next day, but alas, the nearest Hardees was 4.8 miles away and driving there would mean giving up my amazing street parking spot in Minneapolis on Homecoming friday. That would not do. I knew, I would be walking.

And I did.

I set my alarm for 9am on Friday. I overslept. I was tired, I had a late night before, and I just couldn't pry myself out of bed. I though that I would just sleep today, and get the burger some other time.

NO! My brain volted me upright. You want this burger, so get it. Unfortunately, the body and brain were not on the same page at the same time, as I snoozed until 11am. But then I knew, it was time to go get lunch. Time to go earn it.

I walked the 4.8 miles to Hardees. It seemed like 10 miles alone. Sweat dripped down my brow as I cursed the news for it's conservatively low weather forecast. After walking until my knees ached, I was there. Time to order.

It was not an easy order. The cashier was enamored by my English accent, and even brought a co worker out to hear me. I was in no mood. I wanted that juicy piece of meat between my lips. I was offered curly fries. I agreed. My food was finally here.
QLzcPNul.jpg

The curly fries were the first to go. They stood no chance. They were as curly as the name suggested, and fresh out the oil. They crunched between my teeth, and were followed into my gullet by swift gulps of diet coke. All gone. Time for the main course.

xIBVi0hl.jpg

There she was. In all her glory. In all my excitement for a new Hardees burger, I hadn't even looked at what was in it that made it so special. I noted the bacon, peppers and onions, a sauce. It looked good. I whipped out the tomatoes of course, I am no savage, and then I tucked in.

It was tasty. Very tasty. Hell, it was delicious. One of the very best fast food burgers I have ever eaten, maybe even top 5 of all time. Crunchy, juicy, a little tangy and fresh. What a ride.

Would I buy it again? I'm not sure. Sometimes moments in life are so fantastic you don't want to repeat them, lest the original memory be distorted. I think that's where this burger will stay, in my mind, as a beautiful memory.

I filled my cup with a cherry coke for the road, and left. The sun beat down even hotter than before. These 5 miles home with a full belly would be taxing. Thankfully, stopping in to Goodwill on the way home would save my spirits.
tJpDWYGl.jpg

A good day.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
A good day.

This sounds good. I have never walked to grab a burger. If anything I go to Five Guys because they're relatively new here in the sense that there wasn't one 8 years ago. I do go for a burrito every now and then, but Hardee's isn't something I've had in a long time. I remember in the 90's they had a large selection of chicken and so forth. They were known for their large texas toasts and melts IIRC.

As a kid I never ate fried chicken at restaurants except Hardee's. Maybe it was because my father knew more than I did. The last Hardee's I remember was near the interstate next to a truck stop. Other than that I'm closer to KFC and Popeye's.

I guess you could count Arbey's. I use to go there for their mocha shakes all the time. It's just over the years I started to eat at home more. This sandwich does look good, but I typically eat hamburgers or brats with peppers.

I do crave those Texas toast breakfast sandwiches. They look good, but are terrible for your diet.

Tizoc

Why is it called Carl Jr.'s in Canada for again?

Also that ish is sold over here for months now
turkey-tickburger.png

Well not tex mex but we do get it with the turkey slice

I went to the Carl's here in Toronto and it was... okay. What's the best burger? It's hard to justify going there over some of the other burger joints but I might give it another try

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
As a native Texan I take offense to Santa fe sauce in a 'Tex-Mex burger' and we use jalapeños not poblano peppers. They should have called it the New Mexico Burger but I guess it just doesnt have that same ring to it.

Carl's keeps putting out these burgers and I just keep eating the double western bacon because why would I eat something other than that glorious wondrousness?

Wish mine had curly fries, though, those look damn good.

Poblano peppers are the worst and immediately ruin anything they come in contact with.

I make a Billionaire's Frank and Beans using pablanos and I absolutely love them. Of course, they are cooked and simmered in the stew. They give off a pretty good heat, though.

Whatever burger Hardee's puts out can't possibly be worth the $7 -$9 dollars that they generally charge for them. I'll go to Red Robin at that price.

LordDash

Banned
I've always loved Hardee's, they're the best FF restaurant when it comes to burgers. Too bad the only one closest too me is in Topeka. That's like a 45 minute drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom