• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle |OT| It is okay to have a man-crush on Nathan Fillion

Volimar

That's depressing.

The new season looks like it has a few interesting places to go. Here's hoping they don't waste that potential.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Guess I'm the only one that thought the premiere was awful. If it wasn't for my completionist OCD I would drop it :/

I've never dropped a tv show :(

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
So yeah, pretty hardcore
with the whole spider torture bit
, but where the fuck did all of that come from? Was there any foreshadowing last season, or is it a continuation of when Beckett was in DC?

Hopefully they do a better job with this than with Castle's disappearance and amnesia bit (how I hate that trope).

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So yeah, pretty hardcore
with the whole spider torture bit
, but where the fuck did all of that come from? Was there any foreshadowing last season, or is it a continuation of when Beckett was in DC?

Hopefully they do a better job with this than with Castle's disappearance and amnesia bit (how I hate that trope).
Yeah that really came out of nowhere. Eh, after the amnesia bit I just pretty much turn my brain off at anything they throw now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I hope you never got into Law & Order.

I did not :)

And I lied. I dropped one show in my lifetime (I'm also behind on others but I intend to get back to them)

I dropped The Following midway through the first season, I just couldn't anymore

Dec

shit marvel gaf all up in this castle thread

what up homies

At least this story arc they are doing will be over by next ep.

Moozo

Pretty bombastic episode. Have they got any new personnel the production team? Noticed they went a few different ways with the music and some of the shots than they've done before. Or perhaps they just threw more money at this one.

Break them up to create drama after they finally stopped the will they/won't they bullshit. Oh, well. But it might also be a way to alleviate some work tensions since Stana signed back on late and apparently Fillion and her hate each other.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be OK if this show ended, it has run its course.

celebi23

Break them up to create drama after they finally stopped the will they/won't they bullshit. Oh, well. But it might also be a way to alleviate some work tensions since Stana signed back on late and apparently Fillion and her hate each other.
Wait, what? Really? Hopefully that won't mess with the show too much. Definitely thought the first 2 episodes of this season are a bit weird/rough. I mean, if Beckett was going rogue for a bit, why get rid of Captain Gates?

Zomba13

I'm ok with the whole break thing if she is actually gone off on her own to do this. If she is still the captain and going to work and all that then it's stupid bullshit.

"Oh I can't hunt for clues when I live with you because of danger!" *Goes to work with close friends*

Plus Castle and everyone are already "in" it. Like, if the bad guys find out Beckett is digging into them they can easily go after Castle to get to her like they tried already.

Loudninja

I'm ok with the whole break thing if she is actually gone off on her own to do this. If she is still the captain and going to work and all that then it's stupid bullshit.

"Oh I can't hunt for clues when I live with you because of danger!" *Goes to work with close friends*

Plus Castle and everyone are already "in" it. Like, if the bad guys find out Beckett is digging into them they can easily go after Castle to get to her like they tried already.
Yeah lol its obvious how this will turn out in in the end especially with it been just the second episode of the season.

Joni

It was not really surprising, there were rumours about them splitting up. And it was TVLine's Blind Item.

I’ve learned that a hit series will throw caution to the wind and put a (possibly permanent!) pin in one of TV’s most popular love stories — a game-changing move that threatens to seismically alter the DNA of the series.

Yes, at long last, TVLine’s Blind Item from June is revealed.
http://tvline.com/2015/09/28/castle-recap-kate-rick-breakup-split-season-8/

Zomba13

I would be 100% ok if most of this season was Castle and Alexis mysteries guest staring Ryan and Espisito while Beckett is off screen finding out what Locksat is and doing all that conspiricy stuff.

rSpooky

this twist annoyed me enough to feel that I rather they
shoot Kate dead in the next episode and be done with this
what a fake created drama, sigh.

So is there solid proof that they hate each other? People always mention it but never back up their claim with sources.

Just rumors and whatnot over the years. My brother has been doing some extra work on the show recently and commented about it as well. I know that is just not really proof, but it is something to me.

At least he said that Fillion is really nice and cool. And huge.

Joni

Episode got pushed down from a 1.6 to a 1.2. Painful. Looks like it could be the last year if that remains.
Show will also take an extended winter break, no episodes in December and January.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

Yup it's artificial drama. After all they've been through, Beckett wouldn't do that, they've been in mortal danger before and always concluded that they would work together and trust each other blah blah blah.

Bad start to the season, really.

Man, the new showrunners have injected some energy in the show. The first two episodes are great! So refreshing compared to last season. I wonder if the show is dropping the crime-of-the-week format? How cool would it be if it went 24?

Also, Molly Quinn is hooooooooooooooot.

Gothos

Man, the new showrunners have injected some energy in the show. The first two episodes are great! So refreshing compared to last season. I wonder if the show is dropping the crime-of-the-week format? How cool would it be if it went 24?

Also, Molly Quinn is hooooooooooooooot.

Beautiful face, mediocre body.

So am I being cynical or is this whole Beckett thing happening just so if Stana plays hardball again in negotiations they have an out for if she suddenly disappears without warning? Which would complete BS by the way, Castle and Beckett are the show, if people want Alexis so badly, she can have a shitty CSI spin-off or something with lots of enhancing.

So am I being cynical or is this whole Beckett thing happening just so if Stana plays hardball again in negotiations they have an out for if she suddenly disappears without warning? Which would complete BS by the way, Castle and Beckett are the show, if people want Alexis so badly, she can have a shitty CSI spin-off or something with lots of enhancing.

I believe there were rumors that Nathan didn't like how Beckett-centric the show had become, so if those were true, then it may be a way to appease him in that regard.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really feeling Alexis with blonde hair, damn.

Gothos

Caste + Alexis + Esposito + Ryan > All that nonsense Becket plot

I would be completely fine with her leaving the show :)

Top Bottom