• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia preview (with screens and vids)

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
2rp4uc0.gif

KevinCow

Banned
The part with the ship in the background looks pretty awesome. Whole game looks pretty awesome. 1.5 times the size of PoR? Can't wait!

Ranger X

KevinCow said:
The part with the ship in the background looks pretty awesome. Whole game looks pretty awesome. 1.5 times the size of PoR? Can't wait!

I hope it's not 1.5 times more repeated backgrounds though.

Wanace

This is a hugely anticipated title for me. Looks amazing.

Anyway, what's INSIDE that KonamiStyle leather bound notebook? Is it an artbook or something else? I want to know why I should pay 120 bucks for it.

Hive

Banned
The Mountain music really took me back ^^

Overall, the game has a slightly darker tone than even DoS, from what I'm seeing so far.
And it looks like this one is going to be really challenging (hope so!)

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i guess this is a good opportunity for me to pose this question, since stats have become such a big part of castlevania games:

what exactly do less obvious stats like intelligence, CON, etc. do in these games? i've played rpgs for years and when given the option of bumping them up, i'll add a point or two to intelligence instead of strength/defense every now and then in the hope that i'm not breeding a race of mongoloid retards whose only goal is to break stuff. but is there really any point?

Ranger X

beelzebozo said:
i guess this is a good opportunity for me to pose this question, since stats have become such a big part of castlevania games:

what exactly do less obvious stats like intelligence, CON, etc. do in these games? i've played rpgs for years and when given the option of bumping them up, i'll add a point or two to intelligence instead of strength/defense every now and then in the hope that i'm not breeding a race of mongoloid retards whose only goal is to break stuff. but is there really any point?

Condition is the speed at wich you will recover from a status ailment. Also, the higher this stat is, the lower is your chance to actually be infected, to catch the status.

Intelligence is the recovery speed of your magic bar. I think it also factor it the strenght of spells, especially if there's no magic attack stat.

Top Bottom