• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin preorder bonus.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
No problem brandon. I just preordered through barnes&nobles.com, since I can't freaking access EB or GS, nor have I been able to for weeks. Their sites are totally broken to me. I don't get it. :(

Mejilan said:
No problem brandon. I just preordered through barnes&nobles.com, since I can't freaking access EB or GS, nor have I been able to for weeks. Their sites are totally broken to me. I don't get it. :(

But will you get all the pre-order bonuses through that outlet?

Zeed

Banned
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B180197A
Gamestop said:
Castlevania is back on the DS with an all-new adaptation of the award winning action exploration gameplay that has held fans captive for 2 decades! Take control of two heroes, Jonathan Morris, a vampire killer and his close friend Charlotte Orlean, a girl with tremendous magical ability. Amidst the chaos of World War II, two mysterious sisters emerge working to resurrect Dracula and David and Charlotte are all that stand in their way.
Man what.

Mejilan

Regarding the in-store thing, wait til tomorrow and call your local shops.

brandonh83 said:
But will you get all the pre-order bonuses through that outlet?

Yes. I usually order my Gamestop games through BN.com. GS and EB's online stores stopped accepting my CCs a few years ago, and their customer service won't resolve it for me. I could never get a clear answer from them.

http://videogames.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?z=y&EAN=2000003121038&Itm=2

If you look at the BN product page, it is the listing for the one "with bonus". For games with preorder bonuses, BN will have two listings, just like EB and GS do. As long as you preorder the right one through BN.com, you're fine.

Mejilan

I've been burned in the past. I waited too long for Okami and missed out on the bonus, for example. Konami games usually get shitty-quantity print runs too, keep that in mind.

BN.com always gets the same preorder bonuses as Gamestop. BN is a front FOR Gamestop, merely placing the order for them. The product ships from Gamestop, actually.

Only problem with BN.com is that the "with Bonus" product page never lists the bonus, so I usually turn to the EB/GS product page for the details, only in recent weeks their sites are mostly broken for me. :/

Tony HoTT

Banned
damn this sounds awesome. Hopefully the issues with the site get resolved. Also if anyone learns if this is in-store as well please verify in this thread.

Mejilan

Yeah, it was pushed back from late Oct. to early Nov. some time ago, IIRC. Here in the US, anyway.

Mejilan said:
Regarding the in-store thing, wait til tomorrow and call your local shops.

Yes. I usually order my Gamestop games through BN.com. GS and EB's online stores stopped accepting my CCs a few years ago, and their customer service won't resolve it for me. I could never get a clear answer from them.

http://videogames.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?z=y&EAN=2000003121038&Itm=2

If you look at the BN product page, it is the listing for the one "with bonus". For games with preorder bonuses, BN will have two listings, just like EB and GS do. As long as you preorder the right one through BN.com, you're fine.

OMG this is awesome! I wish I knew about this before :(

EB/GS websites have always been very hit and miss with my CCs, randomly accepting them or not accepting them, and I missed on some cool bonuses because of that in the past... I'm going to order through B&N this time and I really hope it works. Thank you so much! :D

Mejilan

No problem, Naked, I'm happy to help.

I can't tell you how frustrating it's been with EB/GS's customer service line. They WON'T fix my CC issues. And they're blocking all of my CCs. I don't know why and they won't do anything about it. I mentioned BN and they told me to continue buying through BN. Whatever.

Brick and mortar stores are fine as well, of course. But the ones I go to almost never get preorder bonuses for whatever reason.

Oh no... I just placed a preorder for Castlevania and after order confirmation email I received an email from BN saying they are unable to charge my card... I thought they don't charge until the game ships? :\

I'm using a debt card that has a balance of only $4 at the moment, but I was going to charge it soon before the game comes out.

bn.com said:
We are having difficulty processing your order because your credit card issuer will not approve this charge.

And on the order status page it says: "Unable to ship. Please call 1-800-THE-BOOK for assistance"

I wonder why did they try to charge the card when the game is not out yet... anyway I'm going to put some funds in the card tomorrow and hope for the best. I use this card with Amazon.com without problems and I THINK I successfully used it with B&N.com years ago.

Soul4ger said:
Is this old news? If so, ignore. But I just found out, and I thought it was awesome. If you preorder PoR in GameStop or EB, there's a bonus: a 20th Anniversary Compilation CD of Castlevania music. Konami's CD bonuses are great. :)

Do you know what tracks are on it? I may have to preorder the game just for that..forget I don't own the system.

Mejilan

Naked Snake said:
Oh no... I just placed a preorder for Castlevania and after order confirmation email I received an email from BN saying they are unable to charge my card... I thought they don't charge until the game ships? :\

I'm using a debt card that has a balance of only $4 at the moment, but I was going to charge it soon before the game comes out.

And on the order status page it says: "Unable to ship. Please call 1-800-THE-BOOK for assistance"

I wonder why did they try to charge the card when the game is not out yet... anyway I'm going to put some funds in the card tomorrow and hope for the best. I use this card with Amazon.com without problems and I THINK I successfully used it with B&N.com years ago.

For debit cards don't they check funds beforehand or something, for preorders? I remember dealing with this when randomly preordering my X360 at certain online locations only to cancel them when they couldn't supply the console. It then took some time to "clear the funds" or some such.

Tarazet

Naked Snake said:

They might have done a hold to test whether there were funds on the card. CircuitCity.com charged $1 to my card before putting my order through, and it vanished off my online statement a couple weeks later.

Isn't this game out already, I walked into a Gamestop last Tuesday and they had it in stock.

No. It was probably Dawn of Sorrow you saw.

sonarrat said:
They might have done a hold to test whether there were funds on the card. CircuitCity.com charged $1 to my card before putting my order through, and it vanished off my online statement a couple weeks later.

Yeah that's what Amazon.com do when you use a card for the first time, they charge $1 to check if the card is valid, and then they return the $1... and I have $4 in my card currently so I thought I'd be ok if B&N did the same thing, anyway I'll put some money in the account today and hope it goes through. Actually I would prefer if they charged the full amount now as opposite to waiting for the game to be released, that way I'd know they accepted my card and that I'm getting the game for sure, instead of not knowing if it's going to work or not until the game releases.

jgkspsx

I for one am glad for the delay.

I preordered this when the bonus was just the soundtrack, and that's how it's listed on my preorder receipt online. Should I preorder it again to make sure I get the full 25th anniversary pack?

Temujin

I ordered it earlier today, it just says soundtrack as well. Is the status for the soundtrack 'back ordered' for everyone else as well?

Man damn sweet preorder bonus. I wish we would get something like that here, too.
Sooo....does Gamestop ship to Germany? Or whats the chance that my local EB Games will import the game + the preorder gift for me? :D

jgkspsx

Temujin said:
Is the status for the soundtrack 'back ordered' for everyone else as well?
Yep.

I mean, it's Capcom. They're always slow.

Is this joke still alive or not? Sorry if it's out of fashion.

jgkspsx

Runningflame570 said:
IT IS NOT Capcom...that is blasphemy against Castlevania.
Oh yeah?
capcomporil1.jpg

OK, joke is dead. Noted.

MoxManiac

Snaku said:
Was just checking ebgames' website for confirmation, and I noticed they're taking pre-orders for a reprint of Dawn of Sorrow. If you haven't picked the game up yet, now's your chance.

Ohh, right on time. :O

Mejilan

platypotamus said:
Weak, it looks like:

1. There's no way to avoid a shipping charge on this particular item.
2. B&N Discount Card does nothing for games apparently

Because it's Gamestop, not B&N, so B&N deals do not apply.

Top Bottom