• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin preorder bonus.

Zeed

Banned
jgkspsx said:
Oh yeah?
capcomporil1.jpg

OK, joke is dead. Noted.
That's not the boxart, don't post it, it offends my eyes.

AniHawk

The game is $34.99 at Gamestop/EB. I paid it off in full yesterday.

FFIII though is still set for $40. Wont be getting that.

Has anyone found out if it'll be available in Canada? I tried my local EB Games and the guy on the phone didn't see a pre-order bonus in the computer.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
f_elz said:
I pre-ordered when the offer went up in aug/sept. but my bonus is back ordered... WTF

:( :( :(

Perhaps because the old bonus (soundtrack CD) is canceled and it's being switched out with the new one (25th anniversary bonus pack including soundtrack CD)?

fse

Mejilan said:
Perhaps because the old bonus (soundtrack CD) is canceled and it's being switched out with the new one (25th anniversary bonus pack including soundtrack CD)?

im confused. maybe ill still get it :0

:( :)

Mejilan

f_elz said:

Give them a call. If you preordered so early in advance, I can't imagine you'll get ripped off on the bonus items.

Pastry

Banned
f_elz said:

I pre-ordered today and it says my soundtrack is backordered also. It doesn't mention the rest of the pre-order bonuses though. I doubt it's anything to worry about.

Soul4ger

They're backordered because they don't have the preorder stuff in yet. Expect that to come in a month before the game is due out, at the earliest.

I just noticed that some of us are paying $11.58 extra for the bonus stuff, since it's $34.99 on Amazon.com (with free shipping and on tax), while it's $39.99 + $2.98 shipping + $3.60 tax on bn.com

So it's not exactly a "free" bonus.

Mejilan

Naked Snake said:
I just noticed that some of us are paying $11.58 extra for the bonus stuff, since it's $34.99 on Amazon.com (with free shipping and on tax), while it's $39.99 + $2.98 shipping + $3.60 tax on bn.com

So it's not exactly a "free" bonus.

EB/GS list the regular version as $34.99, the bonus version as $39.99. BN only lists the bonus version, but should they list the regular version as some point (very likely), it'll also be $34.99.

Mejilan said:
EB/GS list the regular version as $34.99, the bonus version as $39.99. BN only lists the bonus version, but should they list the regular version as some point (very likely), it'll also be $34.99.

I see, then this is more of a Special/Limited/Collectors Edition release than a preorder bonus as previously thought, that makes sense now.

Preorder bonuses have always been free, while Special Editions almost always have a price markup and have seperate SKUs with different packaging.

Mejilan

Pretty much, but I don't think the box or packaging will be any different. It'll just contain a surprising amount of extra bonus goodies.

Top Bottom