• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cave Story coming to Switch [June, $30, new local MP mode, new bonus stages]

I knew it :p
I hope they will bring it out with the goodies too in Europe but I don't have much hopes as Isaac is coming here on June too, without the goodies (but a bit cheaper). Maybe I'll import that.

I've preordered from Amazon US for the UK, import charges aren't too terrible.

me0wish

Cave Story + price was increased to 15$ on Steam. I never double dip, but I'll be glad to for what seems like the best version of one of my favorite games ever.

LordKano

I've preordered from Amazon US for the UK, import charges aren't too terrible.

42$ to Belgium, around 38€, probably 40 with the convertion fees, eh, a bit steep but if the goodies are great maybe. I could just wait for the physical version to come over here for 25-30€ and get the manual on eBay or something like that.

jonno394

42$ to Belgium, around 38€, probably 40 with the convertion fees, eh, a bit steep but if the goodies are great maybe. I could just wait for the physical version to come over here for 25-30€ and get the manual on eBay or something like that.

I don't think they'll be that price in Europe. £29.99/£34.99 is what i was expecting for any uk release, so in line with or sightly under puyo Puyo Tetris and Street fighter.

LordKano

I don't think they'll be that price in Europe. £34.99/ is what i was expecting for any uk release, so in line with puyo Puyo Tetris and Street fighter.

Isaac seems to be 35€ in Europe, according to two retailers pricing, that would be around £29.99. A bit cheaper than in the US, tax included.

ghibli99

Oh man, they're giving this a similar treatment as BoI? Will have to buy it. Just cracked open my Switch copy of Isaac, and just love these physical goodies. It's sad that we live in a day and age where a color manual is something special, but it is. Plus all the stickers, bonus sticker, and reversible cover. Nicalis might have some problems, but I think they hit it out of the park with this. Switch really is going to be a physical collector's dream if stuff like this continues and others follow.

meppi

Oh wow ! Thanks dude, do they also prelevate at shipping only ?

Not really sure. But you're best to use Paypal for payment.
Several years ago there was a problem with their security and a ton of creditcards got compromised, mine included.
Can't say for sure it was from this shop, but still.
When you use Paypal, everything is safe without question. Been ordering pretty much all my US import from them for a while now, even some English Asian releases like Super Robot Taisen V on Vita that just shipped yesterday.
They are rather quick as well and I've never been stung with extra fees unlike other import shops. :)

LordKano

Not really sure. But you're best to use Paypal for payment.
Several years ago there was a problem with their security and a ton of creditcards got compromised, mine included.
Can't say for sure it was from this shop, but still.
When you use Paypal, everything is safe without question. Been ordering pretty much all my US import from them for a while now, even some English Asian releases like Super Robot Taisen V on Vita that just shipped yesterday.
They are rather quick as well and I've never been stung with extra fees unlike other import shops. :)

I always use a prepaid mastercard for online purchases so I don't have any security issue. I'll probably get it from them is nothing is announced concerning an European version by then. Thanks again !

meppi

I always use a prepaid mastercard for online purchases so I don't have any security issue. I'll probably get it from them is nothing is announced concerning an European version by then. Thanks again !

And, you're gone.... :-/ Well fuck...

Anyway, even if something would happen with the card, you wouldn't lose any money.
When it happened to me (twice) I just got a call from my bank asking me a couple questions after they already blocked my card. As they saw suspected activity on there and locked it.
Never had to pay anything and got a new card sent a couple days later.

And, you're gone.... :-/ Well fuck...

Anyway, even if something would happen with the card, you wouldn't lose any money.
When it happened to me (twice) I just got a call from my bank asking me a couple questions after they already blocked my card. As they saw suspected activity on there and locked it.
Never had to pay anything and got a new card sent a couple days later.
Aw man, I hope he's back soon :(

C-XXeXEVYAABWRi.jpg

https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/857328436334940160

I'm so happy this is coming with a retro style manual like Isaac did! :D

I've played cave story more than I can count, great game, and still excited to give this a shot, all the new features that re being added are great. I appreciate they are going through all the packaging and remastering effort - good on Nicalis for doing that, they could've just threw up a port on eshop and called it a day.

SCB3

This is why I kinda like the switch, getting to play these games I may have missed on travels or on a work break etc

Buggy Loop

Really glad i pre-ordered the physical version. Cave story physical release, imagine that. One of my favorite game of all time. *also now widescreen!

The stuff it comes with is pretty cool... may cave and get this retail version of the game. Having it in HD and on the go sounds so awesome

ghibli99

I've never played this (been meaning to) Will the Switch version be the definitive version?
Yeah, and I really liked Nicalis' treatment of Binding of Isaac on Switch with the nice cover, NES-style manual, and stickers, so I'm supporting them for similar reasons with this. I've also never purchased Cave Story in physical form, despite having it already on other platforms, so there's that too.

Fiendcode

Yes. However, it's also $30. You can get the game for free or 1/3 of that price anywhere else its sold. Up to you, really.
MSRP varies for the Nicalis versions actually.

Cave Story (WiiWare) 1200 points ($12)
Cave Story (DSiWare) 1000 points ($10)
Cave Story 3D (3DS retail) $39.99
Cave Story (3DS eShop) $9.99
Cave Story+ (Windows/Mac/Linux) $14.99
Cave Story+ (Switch) $29.99

Top Bottom