• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFA response to anti-gay alleg. "Guilty as charged." Do NOT gloat about eating at CFA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yeah that's how Sparrow feels. He's even said so in the past.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35696418&postcount=1417

Sparrow could've himself and us several posts if he would've just come out and said that instead of this passive-aggressive shit, rather than come up with ridiculous straw mans like the terrible comparison to Oreos and the whole "hating bigots = you're a bigot!!" crap.

Come to think of it, that's how a lot of homophobes are in general. They know outright saying that gays are inferior as humans is kind of terrible, so instead they just engage in these weirdass mental gymnastics to give themselves some incredibly contrived reason to still argue against gays without actually saying "I'm against gays".

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Duly noted. Well, it's not like I'll be discussing the matter with him any more.

It's not even like the Oreo picture is funding gays. It's just saying "hey we support your right to exist!" The fact that people find that objectionable speaks volumes.

Nice tag!

mannerbot

Sparrow could've himself and us several posts if he would've just come out and said that instead of this passive-aggressive shit, rather than come up with ridiculous straw mans like the terrible comparison to Oreos and the whole "hating bigots = you're a bigot!!" crap.

Come to think of it, that's how a lot of homophobes are in general. They know outright saying that gays are inferior as humans is kind of terrible, so instead they just engage in these weirdass mental gymnastics to give themselves some incredibly contrived reason to still argue against gays without actually saying "I'm against gays".

And you just know that somewhere else on the internet he's ranting about how gay fascist liberals took away his freedom of speech.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
mdddu.jpg

What's up with Willy Wonka being used for dumb statements lately?

Just popped up on my Facebook. :/

mdddu.jpg

What's up with Willy Wonka being used for dumb statements lately?

Just popped up on my Facebook. :/

OPEC isn't "owned" by anyone. OPEC doesn't sell oil, countries do. The main foreign country we buy oil from is Canada . . . and they have legal gay marriage unlike most of our states! So most of the foreign oil we buy supports a country that supports gay marriage! Duh.

The main OPEC country we buy from is Venezuela and they don't put homosexuals to death. So they really didn't make much of a point now did they.

At least try not to be so ignorant when trying to make a bad point.

Esch

Banned
I just made the Chick Fil Gay recipe posted in here.....man... I can enjoy Chick Fil A without ever stepping foot in one again. Seriously, this is fucking almost exactly the same.

werd?

Anyone know a good sub for celery salt? Cause I dont have that.

cousins

The only chicken place I eat at is Popeyes. Chick-fil-a doesn't have shit on Popeyes.

Plus, Popeyes also has red beans and rice, and biscuits with honey.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Thanks. I'm no expert on oil imports and such, but I knew the phrase "owners of OPEC putting homosexuals to death" sounded odd.

It turns out this is a SERIOUS CONSERVATIVE ARGUMENT.

But no matter what I say, the person pulls the "how can you boycott Chick-Fil-A but still buy oil?". >.>

EDIT:

Between this and the image macro with:

THINK GUN CONTROL WORKS?
TELL ME ABOUT ALL THE DEATHS AT SHOOTING RANGES THEN?

Any Willy Wonka meme is bound to be a bad opinion.

Cyan

Banned
Fuck knows why I'm posting this, since I'll probably be labeled a homophobe or something, even though I'm not at all, and I support gay marriage 100% and I'm an anti-theist and so would be opposed to chickfila's ludicrous practice of running their business according to "biblical principals" even if I didn't care about gay marriage (which I do) and since I pretty much agree with you guys and the responses you've made to these kind of arguments, and since I'll never eat at chickfila again, but the fact that many different people, at many different times, on nearly every page keep, making this same argument about boycotting one business's unethical practices, but not boycotting all the other businesses who also have unethical practices, again and again should show that there is something to this argument. And that something is hypocrisy.

I don't think you're a homophobe. And I don't think people who still want to eat Chick-fil-a are all homophobes, or bad people (Palins notwithstanding).

But man, I get really tired of addressing the exact same arguments over and over again. Same thing happened in the Penn State thread, with people constantly popping in and rehashing all the shit we'd talked about on the previous page. And no, that it's brought up repeatedly only means that tu quoque is the first thing to come to people's minds, not that it has any validity. I've addressed the hypocrisy angle a few times as well, somewhere in the last million pages.

Don't think that just because I'm vehement, I think you're a bad person, or even entirely wrong. It's probably more an indicator that I've run short on patience (self-awareness time! maybe I should drop out of the thread for a while).

Im starting to feel bad here. Should someone put a warning in the OP not to come here talking about how delicious the Chick Filet they're going to keep eating is?

I had chickfila today. It was scrumptious.

It was also packed. I wonder if sales will significantly drop.

Gratz bro, glad the oppression of an entire group of people hasn't stopped you from stuffing your face.

I've got a zaxbys down the street, as if I needed more of a reason to not go to chick-fil-a.

Im starting to feel bad here. Should someone put a warning in the OP not to come here talking about how delicious the Chick Filet they're going to keep eating is?

To be fair, the only instance in which it's bannable is if you just waltz into the topic and say nothing other than "MMM MMM! SO GOOD LOLOLOL". People saying that know it's trolling, and if they couldn't be arsed to read the topic that that particular post is bannable, that's their problem.

jaxword

I dreamed that I ate at a Chick-Fil-A today but it was so disgusting I immediately barfed it all up right in front of everyone at the restaurant.

I see this as a victory for homosexual rights, in a roundabout way.

SriK

Is Chick-Fil-A actually any good? Been a vegetarian all my life and never had it, everyone around here seems to think it's the shit though. Anyway to me this seems as simple as "if knowing about what they support is enough to make the food no longer worth your money then stop buying it/seek alternatives, if it isn't then keep eating there."

Is Chick-Fil-A actually any good? Been a vegetarian all my life and never had it, everyone around here seems to think it's the shit though. Anyway to me this seems as simple as "if knowing about what they support is enough to make the food no longer worth your money then stop buying it/seek alternatives, if it isn't then keep eating there."

I ate it once. It was OK but overpriced.

antonz

Chick-Fil-A is generally good food that can be on the high priced side of things. You are gonna get alot more negative statements of its quality now that people are upset. You arent gonna find a nicer place generally as far as staff etc is concerned they have high standards on behavior and all of that.

This is a tricky topic to navigate overall though. Its shitty they do what they do and all people can do is not eat there to make their displeasure known. Others will take the seperate the actions from the place mentality etc.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

It's honestly really good, IMO. I will miss it, especially with one being right on campus.

mannerbot

The food's not bad, good for a fast food place but nothing special. Would rather have In-N-Out anyway.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
That recipe should specifically say to use peanut oil. Critical part of the flavor. To replace it with some other oil, especially something like olive would really mess up the taste.

I haven't had Chic FilA in years, but anytime I cook with peanut oil it reminds me of it.

Is Chick-Fil-A actually any good?

A- for fast food tier.

You should be able to mimic the taste with some meat substitute and the recipe. It's not the chicken that dominates the flavor. Ask anyone that eats there to get the lean chicken breast vs the regular one.

I will be interest to see if the inclusion of a second sentence spares you.

That second portion of his post makes him an even bigger ass. It's basically saying, "LOL it was full and sales aren't going to be affected."

Some of it is good. Definitely way above McDonalds, Wendys, BK etc. But they overcharge for it, and apparently it's full of MSG. Much easier for me to butter and toast a cheap bun, put some pickles on it and throw on a piece of chicken. Cheaper too. And I go to sleep knowing I didnt contribute a fraction of a cent to the assholes fighting gay marriage.

The one on my campus must be an aberration. It's terrible.

Lindbergh

Honestly, their employees were very courteous. Food wise, my order came out quick on average and I enjoyed my meals. I don't think I can eat there again, not due to this controversy but mostly since I've come across a better alternative by the name of Korean Taco Box.

I perused through CFA's facebook page, what a battlefield.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I'm curious if their profits were hurt recently.
I imagine that the small group that decided to boycott them would be balanced out by the small group that's now going to eat at Chick-Fil-A to show their stance against gay marriage. I don't really think their profits will change either way.

Is the marinating in pickle juice super necessary?

It's what they do. When I used to eat there, I could still taste a slight hint of pickle on my sandwich despite having no pickles on them. I would smell the bread and there was no pickle scent on it.

You know what I find disturbing about this most of all? Some fifty years ago, blacks in the U.S. weren't even considered human beings able to marry outside their "race" or even drink from he same fountains. And still to this day, some parts of America are still like that. And here we are, today. And I'm watching as history yet unfolds again for homosexuals and seeing people actually defending the corporations and people denying them their rights. I'm seeing it and living it. It makes me sick to see pictures of Sarah Palin and her family smiling and prancing about, talking about morality when they fail at it being "moral" themselves.

I'm actually horrified knowing that there are still people alive who vehemently despise minorities and would kill them if they could get away with it. And "now", homosexuals are thrown into the mix. I really am glad that we have the ability to archive so much information now. Hopefully in the next 50 years or so, we can look back on these people with all the clear videos and words they utter and shame them for all eternity.

How utterly disgraceful. People are arguing about a companies rights, freedom of speech and all these things while ignoring the fact that even if they're not doing anything technically wrong. They are still bigots of the highest degree and exist within our midsts. We can discuss law and whatnot all day. But to see high level politicians, people who lead and people who could have lead "The greatest nation on Earth" proudly posting pictures and messages of their "support" for a company, and a company that has openly acknowledged to be against the rights of others is despicable. It makes me sick. To the people saying that they're not doing anything wrong, you're correct; they aren't. Not yet. Because I recall that randomly lynching black people, tossing every person of Japanese origin into camps, etc were perfectly fine too at one point.

Some of these people need to wake the fuck up and stop for a moment to think about what they're saying with their showing of support. You can have your "morals" all you damn well please. But don't push them on other people and stifle their lives. The difference between these two "groups" is one is advocating for people's ability to choose while the other is trying to restrict that ability. It doesn't matter your political beliefs, giving people a choice is good for all sides! People can choose to eat there if they want and support them. People can choose to ignore them. But only one side is actually fighting for choice for everyone. The Oreo story was about a company showing support for the rights of others. Not asking for them to remain buried or scrapped all together. There is a big fucking difference. And yet people are stupidly saying "Well what about my choice?" Unbelievable. What more choice do you want?! You can get married to anyone you want! You can move anywhere you want! You can say, eat whatever you want! What more do these people need to keep from others to make themselves feel worthwhile? It reeks of the highest level of GREED. Pure and simple. What type of morality do these people have that they would rather their fellow human beings suffer than to enjoy their lives fully? Shame on the Palin's and shame on anyone else who supports this company.

I can't believe how disgusting people are to be talking about chicken burger and fries as a mask to hide their true intentions. A fucking fast food item is not worth more than the rights of another person. And to those idiots saying that the people decrying these clowns aren't so "noble" or "fighting for every cause". You're damn well right they aren't. Because we recognize that we're not the fucking moral superiority and are human. Can we tackle Foxconn? No way. They're ingrained in every sector of the CE industry. It would take massive political pressure and the CHOICE to change for them to do so. But fucking chick-fil-a? They're in our midsts, they're easily noticeable and people can make the choice to raise their voice. We can't fight every damn battle, sure. But to say that we're wrong or some crap because the attention is focused on an easily identifiable entity is laughable.

Fuck the Palin's and fuck those people. How dare her and her putrid daughter expunge some wretched rotten lamb from her filthy crotch onto the world outside of marriage. Then turn around with their hollow, pale and ringing hearts void of all compassion and warmth, to grin from ear to ear, wickedly and contemptibly about morality? How dare they bring a child into this world and place their vile thoughts into such an innocent mind? How dare she have attempted to become vice president of the United States. To dance around the issue of gay marriage during her wolf in sheeps skin campaign . Only to limp back on her wicked heels when her accursed campaign failed to unravel her hideous and malformed hide onto the world?

I HATE THIS WOMAN AND PEOPLE LIKE HER, SO FUCKING MUCH! WHO THE HELL CAN SMILE LIKE THAT WHILE HURTING PEOPLE?!

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Why don't people boycott McDonalds, which cuts down rainforests to make grazing land? That would be very easy to do.
Why would boycotting Chick-Fil-A over the issue of gay rights necessitate that I should also boycott McDonald's because of the destruction of the rain forests? Leave aside the fact that I might not even consider one action as immoral as the other. I could make the argument that the best way to address opposition to gay rights is to bring pressure down to bear on the offending party, whereas the best way to address the rain forest question is in the policy arena, not necessarily by withholding my money from specific companies.

I actually don't know if McDonalds has any connection to the destruction of the rain forests, but there was a campaign a few years ago that caused Nestle to cave on the issue of palm oil, so that sort of thing isn't unprecedented. On a more general level, though, I think we know why this issue, more than any other, has touched a huge nerve: gay rights is a lot more personal for most people.

Why would boycotting Chick-Fil-A over the issue of gay rights necessitate that I should also boycott McDonald's because of the destruction of the rain forests? Leave aside the fact that I might not even consider one action as immoral as the other. I could make the argument that the best way to address opposition to gay rights is to bring pressure down to bear on the offending party, whereas the best way to address the rain forest question is in the policy arena, not necessarily by withholding my money from specific companies.

I actually don't know if McDonalds has any connection to the destruction of the rain forests, but there was a campaign a few years ago that caused Nestle to cave on the issue of palm oil, so that sort of thing isn't unprecedented. On a more general level, though, I think we know why this issue, more than any other, has touched a huge nerve: gay rights is a lot more personal for most people.

I posted that like 4 days ago. I can't even remember what I was thinking when I wrote it.

Dead Man

That recipe should specifically say to use peanut oil. Critical part of the flavor. To replace it with some other oil, especially something like olive would really mess up the taste.

I haven't had Chic FilA in years, but anytime I cook with peanut oil it reminds me of it.

A- for fast food tier.

You should be able to mimic the taste with some meat substitute and the recipe. It's not the chicken that dominates the flavor. Ask anyone that eats there to get the lean chicken breast vs the regular one.

Any low flavour oil should be fine. Vegetable, Peanut, Canola, etc.

Only ate Chick-Fil-A once, never will again. Having the place against gay marriage just further cements my descision.

But yeah aside from that, I'm allergic to peanuts and since they use peanut oil.... yeah no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom