• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

heh, looking at Brown's record, and he can be 1 season away from being the all time winningest coach in Texas history. 167 to 158.

Can, but not will.

Bravo Bevo

This is our 4th consecutive sub 10 win season. Mack needs at least 2 more years, but probably 3 to catch DKR. Honestly, it would have been a sham if Mack passed DKR anyways so I'm glad Mack is ( rumored to be ) gone.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
This is our 4th consecutive sub 10 win season. Mack needs at least 2 more years, but probably 3 to catch DKR. Honestly, it would have been a sham if Mack passed DKR anyways so I'm glad Mack is ( rumored to be ) gone.

You think it would take Mack 3 years to get 9 wins?

Wut?
7M+/year? I thought it sucked when Louisville got Strong and raised my tuition, I can't imagine.
Even putting football aside, he's worth every penny.

I just don't know who to send my $9.95 to. :?

Glad ESPN is free. Right now they're going by the universities response instead of the insiders. Headline currently is "Texas' Mack Brown says he's not stepping down"

By Thursday the headline will read "Texas' Mack Brown steps down"

Just you watch!

cashman

Banned
Which site had DeLoss stepping down? Was one of those and then UT denied it only for it to then happen

This is the same guy, Chip Brown. He's got to be absolutely sure it's true for a story as big as this. If he misses on this he's basically lost all of his credibility.

Just because I know this will eventually make its way here: http://www.*****************/news/a...romise-pet-hamster-family-pedophile-ring.html

Horrific story, but that URL is fucking ridiculous.

Yeah, who the hell uses asterisks in their domain name? Terrible idea.

(Here's the part you wanted, I expect: "news/article-2520933/EXCLUSIVE-Heisman-Trophy-finalist-AJ-McCarron-pictured-uncle-charged-rape-incest-luring-victim-13-promise-pet-hamster-family-pedophile-ring.html")

mre

Yeah, who the hell uses asterisks in their domain name? Terrible idea.

(Here's the part you wanted, I expect: "news/article-2520933/EXCLUSIVE-Heisman-Trophy-finalist-AJ-McCarron-pictured-uncle-charged-rape-incest-luring-victim-13-promise-pet-hamster-family-pedophile-ring.html")

The heavy hand of fucking moderation at work in this thread. smh @ Cyan. smh.

cashman

Banned
Chip Brown ‏@ChipBrownOB 58s
My sources at the highest level of Texas have re-confirmed my report. I hope we can start talking about Mack Brown’s legacy at Texas soon.

The reconfirmation.

This is the same guy, Chip Brown. He's got to be absolutely sure it's true for a story as big as this. If he misses on this he's basically lost all of his credibility.

There are a lot of politics at play here, amongst the regents, the Tower, and the Belmont. Chip Brown has been used as a pawn, and has blown big stories before because of it. The man's record isn't that sterling.

He is trying to get your 9.95's just like everyone else.

cdyhybrid

YUWiHIe.jpg

Dallas Morning News has a good rundown: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/co...n-will-step-down-as-texas-longhorns-coach.ece

Basically, someone on the inside is definitely leaking that Mack Brown is resigning. All public notices, from the AD, Mack, and his lawyer, Joe Jamil, say its a bunch of crock. Yahoo says that Mack is meeting with the AD and the President next week.

AKA: Who knows.

Fuck me if I have to wait a whole nother week for a decision....

I know earlier today we weren't expecting anything more, but things changed.....and now I want to find peace

squicken

Good thing for Bama is that Texas would be the only job Saban would leave for. Once it is filled, the fans can relax.

College coaches are scum but damnit I love their offseason drama plays

Meier

Feel bad for AJ McCarron with this fucked up aunt and uncle story.

Yeah FSU locked down Jimbo a few days ago, thankfully. Smart move.

I don't know that he has actually signed it yet. I can't see any reason why he'd leave FSU for UT though now that he's got FSU back at the pinnacle of college football. Would be kind of silly to walk away from something you've just re-built.

Talon

So Texas can't get Saban who do they target. Gotta think shaw is on the short list, along with who else?
Shaw and Sumlin, right? Is Briles in play - I guess he's almost 60.

Malzahn too. He's a Texas fan, if I recall correctly.

Hey, remember how Malzahn rode Mitch Mustain and Darren MacFadden into a coaching gig with Arkansas? He definitely made out the best out of that trio.

cashman

Banned

Hey, remember how Malzahn rode Mitch Mustain and Darren MacFadden into a coaching gig with Arkansas? He definitely made out the best out of that trio.

It was just Mustain, and a lot of people at the time thought it was sort of recruiting tactic to get Mustain iirc.

Talon

Haven't met the guy, but I bet It'd have to be the right job. I can't see him leaving for fucking UCONN or some shit. He's smarter than that.
B1G schools still don't pay that top dollar for assistants compared to other leagues. He makes $500,0000/year.

He'd triple his salary easy by taking a HC position.

Talon

It was just Mustain, and a lot of people at the time thought it was sort of recruiting tactic to get Mustain iirc.
Actually, it wasn't MacFadden. It was that wide receiver that went to SC, too...Damian Williams. That's who it was.

I said "rode" for a reason, cashy.

Sumlin and Malzahn just re-upped. I guess it's not impossible for them to leave but it'd probably not be a good look and might be expensive. I'm surprised we don't hear Shaw's name more though.

cashman

Banned
Sumlin and Malzahn just re-upped. I guess it's not impossible for them to leave but it'd probably not be a good look and might be expensive. I'm surprised we don't hear Shaw's name more though.
I get the feeling that Shaw likes the idea of Stanford football too much to leave. I'd seriously consider Malzahn if I were a Texas booster, that contract is chump change compared to Briles.

I get the feeling that Shaw likes the idea of Stanford football too much to leave. I'd seriously consider Malzahn if I were a Texas booster, that contract is chump change compared to Briles.

Pardon my ignorance, but can boosters pay a coaches salary when he is employed by the state? Aren't there some things money from boosters can't go towards ( besides student athletes of course )?

Talon

Pardon my ignorance, but can boosters pay a coaches salary when he is employed by the state? Aren't there some things money from boosters can't go towards ( besides student athletes of course )?
Booster money can go towards hilariously racist political newsletters from the 90s.
It's like somebody saying they "love it" in Ohio or something. come on, dude.
Columbus is like San Francisco compared to Waco.

KingGondo

Banned
I don't know if there's a great option out there who's readily available. Malzahn would work great because he's so innovative on offense and will bring excitement and a fresh feel to Texas (not to mention the fact that it's apparently his dream job and he's younger than Saban).

Shaw, Muschamp, Franklin, and guys like that strike me as too conservative. You need to have an offense that puts up points on a consistent basis in the Big 12.

Talon

I mean, really, we should all be rooting for Malzahn just for the hilarity of Auburn fans losing it again.

I personally will root for Les Miles. Les Miles + even more exposure = fun for everyone!

Booster money can go towards hilariously racist political newsletters from the 90s.

I feel like I'm being judged by my avatar again.

I was under the impression that coaches salaries are 95% booster money.

That's probably right. Well in that case Texas has multiple donors near T. Boone Pickens that sneeze millions. I don't think any sort of buyout cost or salary amount for our new coach will deter a hire. We have donors that will come through.

mre

I can't see any reason why he'd leave FSU for UT though now that he's got FSU back at the pinnacle of college football. Would be kind of silly to walk away from something you've just re-built.
Now apply this same reasoning to Saban.

bachikarn

I don't know that he has actually signed it yet. I can't see any reason why he'd leave FSU for UT though now that he's got FSU back at the pinnacle of college football. Would be kind of silly to walk away from something you've just re-built.

Because Texas could offer him double what you pay him if they wanted to. You can't win a bidding war against Texas. Texas is still the best job in the country.

Talon

Like that Rolling Stone Saban article said - a football field is a football field is a football field. These guys spend so much of their time at one of the three places:
1. Football fields.
2. A swank ass office in a swank ass athletic building.
3. On the road recruiting.

That home hardly matters to them.

A football field in Tuscaloosa is the same as a football field in Tallahassee, Austin, etc.

Well except for Waco. And Lubbock. Because it rains mud in Lubbock and that ain't right.

cdyhybrid

I don't know if there's a great option out there who's readily available. Malzahn would work great because he's so innovative on offense and will bring excitement and a fresh feel to Texas (not to mention the fact that it's apparently his dream job and he's younger than Saban).

Shaw, Muschamp, Franklin, and guys like that strike me as too conservative. You need to have an offense that puts up points on a consistent basis in the Big 12.

Shaw seems to be doing alright in the Pac-12. Our offenses are just as good, and we have more than 2 good QBs in the conference.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Alec Morris ‏@alecmorris_2 29m
A lot of people have been asking and yes it's true... I'm gonna coach Texas

Maybe we should keep him around on campus another year.

Top Bottom