• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

andycapps

Nebraska gets fucked for their bowl yet again.

Who wouldn't want to play the same opponent two years running?! Yawn. Already seeing the threads talking about Nebraska fanbase not showing up in the numbers everyone expects from us. At least we're not playing a team we played in the regular season like when we played Washington twice (in a bowl we'd already gone to the previous year).

Oh well, here's looking forward to another year of Bo Pelini football.

88547.gif

Georgia fans feel about the same about getting the same opponent as last year. I expect attendance to be pretty poor honestly. Shouldn't be a problem to get cheap tickets at the stadium.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Posted this in the other thread:

So,

Rumors are that Saban signed a 12 million dollar contract with UT.

Part of these rumors are based on a forum member from Shaggy bevo calling ABIA, pretending to be a limo driver and having the airport page "Nick Saban". Which sent several "9.95 insiders" going nuts on the twitter.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Posted this in the other thread:

So,

Rumors are that Saban signed a 12 million dollar contract with UT.

Part of these rumors are based on a forum member from Shaggy bevo calling ABIA, pretending to be a limo driver and having the airport page "Nick Saban". Which sent several "9.95 insiders" going nuts on the twitter.

iK5vZog.jpg

Jhriad

Shouldn't be a problem to get cheap tickets at the stadium.

Yeah, pretty sad state of affairs. Wish I lived closer so I could have gone to the game.

Here's hoping for a clean game from both teams with absolutely no injuries. I think both fan bases have had enough of those for the year. Best of luck to Georgia. Let's make this a good one.

andycapps

Yeah, pretty sad state of affairs. Wish I lived closer so I could have gone to the game.

Here's hoping for a clean game from both teams with absolutely no injuries. I think both fan bases have had enough of those for the year. Best of luck to Georgia. Let's make this a good one.

Yeah, I think both fanbases would normally travel well, but I'm expecting it to look like a Miami or Georgia Tech game as far as turnout.

cdyhybrid

Mack Brown resigning according to Chip Brown.

Caution: this is according to Chip Brown.

SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN SABAN

Eh, people look for things to be angry at.

I liked it. Let people think they'll get torn to shreds if they show up wearing the wrong jersey, more of our fans and home games and more tickets for me.

Yeah, I liked it too. I thought it was well done, and was really surprised when people got all upset about it. It's almost like they never saw the Kevin Garnett one which is literally the same commercial.

Back on topic: Who's on Texas' list for coaches besides Saban. Heck, was Saban ever really on Texas' list, or is this all coming from the hearts, minds, and wishes of ShaggyBevo?

ag-my001

I'm sure Mack can get a very cushy job shaking hands and sitting in an office somewhere in Austin. Who takes over at UT is the better question. There really aren't that many hot names out there, so even a competent hiring could lead to a "that's the best we could do?!" reaction, leading to a self-fulfilling prophecy of mediocrity.

I'm ok with that.

Sabans,Urbs, Shaw have to be top candidates.

Dont see Urbz leaving, other 2 are maybes, i really cant see Saban leaving bama for another college though.

StoOgE

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Thanks Mack for everything but the last 3 years.

Draxal

I'm trying very very hard to care about the Rutgers/ND bowl. But I don't think even Jamesinclair thinks we have a chance of winning this one.

Enfinit

Saban to texas, Jimbo to bama, Muschamp to FSU, Tebow to Gata.

Cycle complete.
Jimbo's stuck here until at least 2018.

If Muschamp came here I'd probably rip my anus out and throw it against a wall and jump through it into another dimension where Muschamp is nothing more than the babbling toddler he is.

StoOgE

I'm sure Mack can get a very cushy job shaking hands and sitting in an office somewhere in Austin. Who takes over at UT is the better question. There really aren't that many hot names out there, so even a competent hiring could lead to a "that's the best we could do?!" reaction, leading to a self-fulfilling prophecy of mediocrity.

I'm ok with that.

Sorry, it's adult swim time now, all you kiddos need to get outta the pool.

If Muschamp came here I'd probably rip my anus out and throw it against a wall and jump through it into another dimension where Muschamp is nothing more than the babbling toddler he is.

Yeah FSU locked down Jimbo a few days ago, thankfully. Smart move.

Dre3001

Jimbo never signed an extension but has agreed to one. Basically it is an agreement in principle, aka, negotiating leverage.

I could see Saban to Texas and Jimbo to Bama.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I already booked flights to the next 5 national titles.

SABAN IN MY VEINS.

Can he bring that trophy from when he killed colt with mind bullets?
It wasn't mind bullets. It was a 375 pound lineman that took Colt's manhood.

I know that the "Jimbo to Bama" talk is somewhat tongue in cheek, but he doesn't have any connections that I'm aware of to that university. And I don't see why Texas would be a better job than Alabama, or why Alabama would be a better job than Florida State.

I get that money is money, and maybe Texas can afford more than anybody, but I don't know that Alabama can spend more than a Florida State or any other high level school. And certainly, the road to success is easier at FSU. Florida State has no trouble recruiting (just look at the roster, for one), and the ACC isn't loaded with heavyweights.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Jesus Christ. No bullshit: just found out that Saban will be in Texas tomorrow

What a fucking day.

Top Bottom