• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2017 Week 7 |OT| Chooooklahoma, where the Cyclones come wrecking up the plains

Any GAF folks been to Syracuse's stadium? Seems pretty rough...

It's crap.

It's sponsored by an Air Conditioning company, but has no AC.

So if you're there in September/October it can still get pretty freaking hot, and the humidity in there is unbearable.

Kevtones

Holy shit the PR misjudged that fake SO bad. Clemson should've had that.

It's crap.

It's sponsored by an Air Conditioning company, but has no AC.

So if you're there in September/October it can still get pretty freaking hot, and the humidity in there is unbearable.

It's part of the reason why Cuse sucks as bad as they do.

Their facilities are god awful.

Seems like it has horrid acoustics too. Makes more sense Syracuse can't keep any talent in NY.

Holy shit the PR misjudged that fake SO bad. Clemson should've had that.

Seems like it has horrid acoustics too. Makes more sense Syracuse can't keep any talent in NY.

NY doesn't have much talent, plus you have to convince kids to move to an area of the country where it snows like 9 months of the year.

squicken

What in the world? I had no intention of watching and Clemson is losing? Sucks about their QB. Probably ends their title hopes however the game goes

Kevtones

NY doesn't have much talent, plus you have to convince kids to move to an area of the country where it snows like 9 months of the year.

Fair, it's not a hot bed but kids think NY is cool, no? I mean Oregon has oppressive rain 9 months out of the year and they found a way.

Fair, it's not a hot bed but kids think NY is cool, no? I mean Oregon has oppressive rain 9 months out of the year and they found a way.

Oregon though is beautiful, especially around Eugene, plus it's Nike U.

Syracuse is a cement wasteland covered in snow and arctic temperatures.

It's nowhere near NYC, despite Cuse claiming to be NYC's team. Technically BC is closer to NYC than Cuse is.

At this point IDEK why we have the season go on.

Hand Saban the trophy and lets move on to next year.

Cuse's problem is that they never invested into their success. They have big name alumnus who you'd figure would be able to be boosters and are a quality school but they were great for a couple decades then everybody else started pouring money into their programs and Cuse didn't spend a dime. It's really a shame they should be so much better than they are.

At this point IDEK why we have the season go on.

Hand Saban the trophy and lets move on to next year.

I was confused as to why so many ESPN pundits on College Football Final et. all were putting Clemson ahead of Alabama. Their rationale, I think, is since Clemson won last year they keep the spot until they lose but...Clemson hasn't looked great in most of their games

tebunker

Banned

It's nowhere near NYC, despite Cuse claiming to be NYC's team. Technically BC is closer to NYC than Cuse is.

This.

However just west of Syracuse is really nice, for middle aged adults who want to drink over priced wine and rent over priced houses on the finger lakes, but still nice enough. Not a college hot bed.

Also November and December in Syracuse are so bleak.

They average 77 and 69 sunshine hours in each of those months. That's 2.48 hours, and 2.23 hours of sunshine per day respectively.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Syracuse just made that so much harder then they should have.

Are we talking about how nice Syracuse is? Upstate New York is fucking beautiful... it's like a less dense Oregon. (tree density I mean)

You market Cuse by facilities, that's how you draw, that's how all these programs that have grown so much in the last decade have done it.

The Carrier Dome is a worse venue than Tropicana Field, the place is a fucking dump.

Upstate is nice though, lots of hills, rivers, real scenic, you're within spitting distance of Rochester and Buffalo so there's always shit to do.

ryseing

... This is what I get for playing Shadow of War for the past four hours.

Where were you when you realized NC State might be the ACC's best chance for a playoff team?

Kevtones

I grew up in Eugene and yeah it's beautiful but it looks post-apocalyptic for 9 months. Depends what appeals to kids but I suppose I misjudged it's proximity.

It's really fucking boring when you know nobody has the talent and depth to give Bama a fight.

Like the next 7 weeks are just entirely pointless really. We all know.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I was confused as to why so many ESPN pundits on College Football Final et. all were putting Clemson ahead of Alabama. Their rationale, I think, is since Clemson won last year they keep the spot until they lose but...Clemson hasn't looked great in most of their games

I said this in the thread like two weeks ago. Clemson hasn't looked otherworldly all year even if they are undefeated*.

*For now

Top Bottom