• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 8 |OT| Top 25 Coug'd it. Or is it Clemsoning?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Alright. If you're Texas Tech and your kicker is 1/2 on both field goals and extra points, do you kick on 4th down from the 10?

Going into that play, our season 4th down conversion percentage of 37.5% was actually higher than our field goal percentage of 36.3%.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
FSU... holy shit this year... can't get out of their own way.

They had the win... and then that.

With Blackman running the show, they don't. This might end up being a blessing in disguise for FSU though because Francois isn't around to cover up the holes in the coaching.

Ion wanna hear that. We won a natty with Greg McElroy as our QB. They have the talent on every level. Jimbo doesn't protect his QBs and play to his offensive players natural talents enough. Even when Francois was the QB, the offense under achieved last year.

As for their defense, that's all Kelly. There's no reason that unit shouldn't be top 5 in the country. It's coaching.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Ion wanna hear that. We won a natty with Greg McElroy as our QB. They have the talent on every level. Jimbo doesn't protect his QBs and play to his offensive players natural talents enough. Even when Francois was the QB, the offense under achieved last year.

As for their defense, that's all Kelly. There's no reason that unit shouldn't be top 5 in the country.

We have awful receiver depth, a mediocre true freshman qb and one of the worst olines in the country. A good rb duo can't make up for all of that.

Jarnet87

Surprised Louisville didnt just go for the TD to end it. Driving easily, 20+ seconds left and two times outs. Couple Jackson runs could have ended it

NervousXtian

BTW, teams that leave time on the clock for a game winning FG are the worst.

Why call the timeout with 9 seconds... wait until it's 2 or 3. Now you have to kick off.

Made it back in town to see that last set. It was getting hyped pretty well on the radio.

Such a bummer for Blackman that this is basically on his shoulders with that fumble.

ag-my001

BTW, teams that leave time on the clock for a game winning FG are the worst.

Why call the timeout with 9 seconds... wait until it's 2 or 3. Now you have to kick off.
Clock was already stopped. With the false start penalty, they didn't need to center the ball to reduce the angle anymore.

Any extra snap is just one more chance to screw up.

Like Blackman getting injured right there.

NervousXtian

..and you kick it out of the endzone.. so you give them a play.

So stupid.. with how much these coaches get paid.. how can they be so stupid on the basics.

Clock was already stopped. With the false start penalty, they didn't need to center the ball to reduce the angle anymore.

It wasn't though, before the timeout on the 1st down. Then could have had the ball spotted and the clock started... they called a timeout when they didn't need too.

Moot point now, but still... don't give extra plays to the other team when you don't need too.

We have awful receiver depth, a mediocre true freshman qb and one of the worst olines in the country. A good rb duo can't make up for all of that.

I'm just talking talent level. Y'all have talented receivers, but yeah, y'all are thin there. The TF QB is the TF QB. I still feel like y'all should've waved y'all's offensive line coach out the door a while back.

Like, the majority of FSU's problems are that staff. Y'all recruit too well to put this product on the field.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I'm just talking talent level. Y'all have talented receivers, but yeah, y'all are thin there. The TF QB is the TF QB. I still feel like y'all should've waved y'all's offensive line coach out the door a while back.

Like, the majority of FSU's problems are that staff. Y'all recruit too well to put this product on the field.

Coaches and culture. FSU feels like a team that loses interest if they don't have hype.

NervousXtian

Losing your starting QB hurts for sure.. but the recruiting classes that FSU pulls year in and year out should make them better than this.

Rutgers backs their way into a win, and I get to cash out a payday for the O/U in Wins, and I still want Chris Ash fired.

Convinced he is telling Jerry Kill to shorten these games with these ultra conservative playcalls.

cdyhybrid

I don't think FSU would have been a contender with all the holes we now see, but they wouldn't be falling apart if Francois didn't get hurt I don't think. They'd probably be good for 9-10 wins. Feels like they just threw in the towel once he went down.

Worst aspect of this season for FSU is that Fisher holds all the leverage after signing that insane 8 year contract. He can’t really be pressured to change some of his game philosophies or let go of certain assistants that are dragging down these athletes with bad coaching.

This is the most frustrating time to be an FSU fan since the 2006 Jeff Bowden offensive collapse.

Lunar15

I don't think FSU would have been a contender with all the holes we now see, but they wouldn't be falling apart if Francois didn't get hurt I don't think. They'd probably be good for 9-10 wins. Feels like they just threw in the towel once he went down.

Yeah, but with an offensive line that bad, one could argue that Francois was going to get taken out one way or another this year. Just look at last year, he was getting pummeled and had no time to do anything. Honestly looks like the line has regressed from that, so who knows if he could have even done anything out on the field.

Velcro Fly

I'm watching Alabama/Tennessee

I always watch the SEC game (despite not living in SEC country)

I hate Tennessee. I always have. I hated Peyton Manning until he was a Colt. I want to see a beatdown today. Tide are 35 point favorite and I bet they cover.

Yeah, but with an offensive line that bad, one could argue that Francois was going to get taken out one way or another this year. Just look at last year, he was getting pummeled and had no time to do anything. Honestly looks like the line has regressed from that, so who knows if he could have even done anything out on the field.

I tweeted in like May that Francois might leave the Bama game in a body bag behind that line.

The tweet hasn't stopped blowing up since the night of September 2. Hate it happened, but, yeah.

Top Bottom