• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2017 Week 7 |OT| Chooooklahoma, where the Cyclones come wrecking up the plains

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
That was his whole bottom part of his leg. That's not an ankle... he broke his leg badly.. it was flopping.
If it’s fully dislocated, the foot is apart from the fib/tib and can flop. If it’s higher up, then yeah, it’s the worst case scenario.

The 8 Remaining undefeateds:

USF
UCF
Miami
TCU
Penn State
Wisconsin
Alabama
Georgia

The 5 winless:

Baylor
Charlotte
UTEP
U-Mass
Georgia Southern

SEC outside of Alabama and Georgia is a tire fire. Whoever wins that title game will be undefeated.

If they both come in to the SEC-CG as 12-0, it will be an exhibition game since both teams will make the playoffs

Oregon has been shut out in the 2nd half three times this year. They had 7 points in another.

That's bad offensive coaching.

Yup. It has to be better than that. I understand it's not fair to the defense to go three and out with no time of the clock, but man, you've got the be able to throw the ball a little. Every game looks like Brady Leaf vs UCLA or the 2016 Alamo Bowl. It makes last season feel competent.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
SEC outside of Alabama and Georgia is a tire fire. Whoever wins that title game will be undefeated.

Bama's OL being turnstiles in pass protection and the inconsistent pass rush will result in a surprise loss eventually.

I haven't really watched Georgia so I dunno, maybe they can do it.

Kevtones

Yup. It has to be better than that. I understand it's not fair to the defense to go three and out with no time of the clock, but man, you've got the be able to throw the ball a little. Every game looks like Brady Leaf vs UCLA or the 2016 Alamo Bowl. It makes last season feel competent.

Seriously. We've gone from historically good to... yeah. What was Mariota masking? Jeez.

C4Lukins

USF
UCF
Miami
TCU
Penn State
Wisconsin
Alabama
Georgia

The 5 winless:

Baylor
Charlotte
UTEP
U-Mass
Georgia Southern

If they both come in to the SEC-CG as 12-0, it will be an exhibition game since both teams will make the playoffs

You need to give UT more support. I am a fan of both TCU and UT and you are super negative about UT, while what I see is a movement in the right direction. They are a few plays from being 6-0.

They are not there yet, but they have been competitive, and not embarrassing.

It is a transitional year, and no need to be said negative. They pushed OU and USC. To the final minutes.

Clemson will hang in the top 10, for sure. Washington may, as well.

Washington State and Auburn are out.

So you're looking at two of Miami, USC, and Oklahoma in the top 10, I'd say.

1. Alabama
2. Penn State
3. Georgia
4. TCU
5. Wisconsin

You need to give UT more support. I am a fan of both TCU and UT and you are super negative about UT, while what I see is a movement in the right direction. They are a few plays from being 6-0.

They are not there yet, but they have been competitive, and not embarrassing.

It is a transitional year, and no need to be said negative. They pushed OU and USC. To the final minutes.

I'm more apathetic and burned out than anything. We have been mediocre to bad for 7 years now so getting a new coach or hearing about a great recruiting class just doesn't get me optimistic anymore. The only way to get me optimistic about UT football at this point is to actually see wins. To your point, look at our games last year in our 5-7 season where Charlie Strong got fired. We lost almost all of those games by 1 score. Same case so far this year. I'm tired of "keeping it competitive", I need to see wins before I show optimism.

Rvaan

Banned
Clemson will hang in the top 10, for sure. Washington may, as well.

Washington State and Auburn are out.

So you're looking at two of Miami, USC, and Oklahoma in the top 10, I'd say.

God. Just thinking about USC playing Bama makes me feel bad for Darnold. That O-Line plus the way he's been loose with ball against Bama? That's just wrong.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

USF
UCF
Miami
TCU
Penn State
Wisconsin
Alabama
Georgia

The 5 winless:

Baylor
Charlotte
UTEP
U-Mass
Georgia Southern

AAC is the best conference in college football. Facts.

Also UCF has the highest margin of victory this year. Even higher than Bama. Thats wild.

Saban was actually pretty defensive of Ruggs (our punt returner) last night. Called him an excellent returner that's getting better and said he shouldn't get blasted by the media because he's young. He really is mellowing out.

I agree though. Last night aside, he's looked extremely natural back there up to now, and he's got elite track star speed. Hope he figures it out.

AAC is the best conference in college football. Facts.

Also UCF has the highest margin of victory this year. Even higher than Bama. Thats wild.

How is that wild? Look at their schedule. Ours isn't exactly frightening, but, sheesh lol

UCF strength of schedule isn't as bad as some are implying. Once you get past the name obsession of the teams and actually look at records and their performance, it holds up for the most part.

If you want a truly bad SoS, then you look at USF.

FyreWulff

As a weird quirk of history, the last year Nebraska beat a Top 10 team while being unranked was 1977.

The last time they beat a top 10 at all was 2011.

Didn't realize Zerrick Cooper was 10/14 for like 90 yards. Why did it seem like he played worse than that?

UCF strength of schedule isn't as bad as some are implying. Once you get past the name obsession of the teams and actually look at records and their performance, it holds up for the most part.

No one's calling it chopped liver. The Bama comparison just doesn't make any sense.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Eh, the only UCF win I'd really classify as pretty good is Memphis, they are a solid G5 team. Maryland is probably the second best win and they probably aren't even going to manage bowl eligibility. FIU is 4-2 but they are a really bad 4-2.

I agree Bama's schedule is really weak to this point too though. Best wins are TAMU and probably CSU, lol.

Top Bottom