• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 15: Championship Week - Cool as Nacho Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
On behalf of Notre Dame I want to apologize to the Big 12 for not knocking Florida State out of the playoffs because of a single play at the end of a game.

Ohio State getting in is ridiculous. So TCU being #3 was just some kind of joke?

And out of conference strenght of schedule?
Navy, Kent State, Cincinnati and a loss to a horrible VT team?

Baylor got hosed, it's all about brand value.

I had a fantastically snarky bowl thread title set to go, then everything fell the way I wanted it to. Might need some suggestions.

Ohio State getting in is ridiculous. So TCU being #3 was just some kind of joke?

And out of conference strenght of schedule?
Navy, Kent State, Cincinnati and a loss to a horrible VT team?

Baylor got hosed, it's all about brand value.

They had no business being #3 in the first place. Also, yes. Blame the B12 for not being prepared with the proper teams for a CCG. No one to blame by themselves.

The Slippery Slope begins in earnest.

When is the last time we had six teams with one loss? This has got to be a record. Eight team playoff would at least let all of the one loss teams in, surely, and a few (very) deserving two-loss teams.

Or, amend it so that one-loss teams get a shot regardless, by having play in games for the final four. So this year you'd have FSU play Baylor and OSU play TCU for the right to play Oregon and Alabama.

Josh5890

Question for everyone, if we were under the old system then most likely we would have just Alabama and Oregon playing for the title. Would you want that?

Gurrry

Alabama is going to fuck up tOSU.

I think TCU deserved to be in, but im glad to see them out as a Longhorn fan.

This committee though is really sketchy. I feel like they change their minds on things to benefit their argument for that week.

OSU deserves to be in. The big twelve needs to play a conference championship game like everyone else.

How about the SEC and the ACC needs to play 9 conference games? (not including the CCG)

Only the Pac-12 has it right with 9 games and the CCG, with the B10 joining them next year I think?

We have to have the number of conference games fixed. The B12 isn't allowed to have a conf championship game after they lost Nebraska, A&M, & Missouri. Someone said they could petition and the fact that they didn't should be held against them, which is silly. Yes they need to add two teams, but they shouldn't just add the first 2 they can...

Gorillaz

This honestly falls on the commish of Big 12 as well. How do you end a season with no championship title game on some slick stuff

cashman

Banned
Most BCS bowl wins in the country but let's just ignore the facts. O-H!

lost 4 of their last 5. And that's not to mention that their one title win was on of the most famously blown calls of all time. But Congrats on beating that one overrated notre dame team or that 4 loss Kstate team all those years back!

why don't you take a look at TCU and Baylor's OOC strength of schedule

It's slightly worse, but the point is that OSU's OOC schedule is nothing to write home about either. It's a point that should have never been brought up by the committee, because it is ridiculous. They all played weak teams and OSU even managed to lose.

Balphon

So do you think things would have been different if TCU or Baylor won the big 12 outright?

No, because I think the final rankings reflect a logical estimation that Baylor won the Big 12 despite the shenanigans that conference has been trying to pull.

The Playoff Committee shouldn't even bother doing weekly rankings. Just pick the final four and leave it at that.
Yeah, if the committee is going to go through a week by week level of logic, announcing weekly rankings is just going to piss off fan bases for getting dropped.

They'll still get pissed for being snubbed, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom