• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 9: Humble Pie, Driskel, 280,000 defrees, Driskel, riots, and more Driskel

Status
Not open for further replies.
FarGrouchyBandicoot.gif

Top 25 Recap
1 Mississippi State- Bye Week
2 Florida State- Wins a thriller against Notre Dame
3 Ole Miss- Takes care of business against Tennessee
4 Baylor- Gets rioted by West Virginia
5 Notre Dame- Gets a quality loss against FSU
6 Auburn- Bye Week
7 Alabama- Runs a clinic against Texas A&M
8 Michigan State- Stomps Indiana
9 Oregon- Coasts through Washington
10 Georgia- Doesn't need Gurley to beat Arkansas
11 Oklahoma- Misses a chip shot to Kansas State
12 TCU- Rips apart Oklahoma State and FSU's strength of schedule
13 Ohio State- Quietly takes down stupid Rutgers
14 Kansas State- Holds back the Sooners
15 Oklahoma State- Lets through TCU
16 Arizona- Bye Week
17 Arizona State- Rises up against Stanford football
18 East Carolina- Bye Week
19 Nebraska- Runs through Northwestern
20 Utah- Survives against Oregon State while everyone was asleep
21 Texas A&M- Begs it to stop
22 USC- Holds down Colorado
23 Stanford- Falls apart during exam week to Arizona State
24 Clemson- Stoudt's hair pulls through against Boston College
25 Marshall- Blows through FIU

B0VV4l1CMAAkIrJ.jpg

AP and Coaches Poll
cHbJo3E.png

Notable Games

Thursday. October 23
7:00PM Connecticut at 18 East Carolina

Friday. October 24
10:00PM 6 Oregon at California

Saturday. October 25
12:00PM Texas at 11 Kansas State
12:00PM Rutgers at 16 Nebraska
2:00PM 25 UCLA at Colorado
3:30PM 1 Mississippi State at Kentucky
3:30PM Michigan at 8 Michigan State
3:30PM Texas Tech at 10 TCU
3:30PM 22 West Virginia at Oklahoma State
3:30PM FAU at 23 Marshall
5:00PM 15 Arizona at Washington State
7:00PM Syracuse at 21 Clemson
7:15PM 3 Ole Miss at 24 LSU
7:30PM 4 Alabama at Tennessee
7:30PM South Carolina at 5 Auburn
8:00PM 13 Ohio State at Penn State
10:00PM 20 USC at 19 Utah
10:45PM 14 Arizona State at Washington

TTK Presents GAF Pick Em's
Coming Soon

inm8num2

College football needs two playoffs. One will have four teams not from the SEC. Winner of that playoff joins the top three SEC teams for a championship playoff. It's the only way.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently after the game yesterday Tech leading receiver Jakeem Grant was at an event called "Krunkness" and ended up in the hospital at about 1:30 am with some kind of wound, rumored to be a stab wound in the neck.

I guess normal injuries tearing up our defense wasn't enough so we decided to step up our injury game. I guess technically there's not any word out yet that he won't be playing against TCU this week.

Draxal

Nebraska vs Rutgers at home this week. Sorry Sirpopop, I don't think this is your week. :p

It's going to be a fun four weeks of seeing good teams (well if Wiscy actually had a qb). We had @tOSU,@neb,Wisc all in a row.

We had our lube prepared for these three games.

Lunar15

Why must you plague me with all this Driskel? We're done, we're obscure, just leave us aloooooooneeeeeee. ;_;

But in all seriousness who do you think UF will get for coach? Is there really even anyone good up for grabs?

Why must you plague me with all this Driskel? We're done, we're obscure, just leave us aloooooooneeeeeee. ;_;

But in all seriousness who do you think UF will get for coach? Is there really even anyone good up for grabs?

Word is they're joining Michigan in the Charlie Weis sweepstakes.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

I hear they are going after Kirby Puckett.

He is really confused, but thinks UF is getting him confused with Kirby Smart. He said he will give it a try. Can't be worse than Muschamp.

Just remembered he died.

Still better than Muschamp.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
qplUAS5.png

Aaaaaaaaaaw Yeeeeeeeeeeah

Along with a win over Kansas, this just continues our "stay out of the cellar" weekend. National championship here we come!

Subitai

Belton and Zwinak's senior years' have been wasted. So tOSU, please get the current PSU offensive coordinator fired. K, thx.

Also, Driskel infamy. Go Gata! Or something.
It's going to be a fun four weeks of seeing good teams (well if Wiscy actually had a qb). We had @tOSU,@neb,Wisc all in a row.

We had our lube prepared for these three games.
Yeah, you guys got a really raw deal for the first 2 years. On the bright side, Neb and Wisc rotate out and hopefully Illinois will still be down when they rotate in.

Can someone explain to me what happened here? :(

The furthest ref from the play called offensive pass interference on the wrong player after he saw #20 trying to disengage from the DB that was jamming him at the line of scrimmage and #7 blocking his guy after the ball was in the air. It was a blown coverage and neither of the two refs who were closest to the play felt it necessary to throw the flag. Fine, whatever, referees have to make hard decisions while things are happening very quickly.

However, the same referee who threw the flag from behind the play where he couldn't really see what was happening missed the FSU player taking his helmet off in celebration right in front of him. That would have negated the yardage loss and made it 1st down.

Apparently after the game yesterday Tech leading receiver Jakeem Grant was at an event called "Krunkness" and ended up in the hospital at about 1:30 am with some kind of wound, rumored to be a stab wound in the neck.

I guess normal injuries tearing up our defense wasn't enough so we decided to step up our injury game. I guess technically there's not any word out yet that he won't be playing against TCU this week.

He was apparently shot amid crossfire. damn

andycapps

UGA now leads the country in plus 13 in turnover margin. The Pruitt effect.

devildog820 said:
If we beat Georgia :)jnc) I might snap and you'll find me covered in Burrito Bros red sauce and whiskey, laughing hysterically in the St. Johns.

I'd probably react the same way if the Gatas win.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
The WVU and KU games were the first time since 1999 that Texas Tech has had consecutive games with 200+ rushing yards. Note that Mike Leach took over the program in 2000.

No news out of the UAA for two weeks, according to the best sourced reporters. Which means, lose to Georgia, you go immediately.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Oh hey, Archie Manning is dropping out of the committee, the week of the first vote. Health reasons.

Enjoy your playoffs!

Oh, and no fill in for his spot. They're letting him back in next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom